PDA

View Full Version : Larry King & celebrity panel on elections

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
CNN now - 12:11am EST

They've got Sean Astin & Penn Jillette and some others (along with Amy Holmes, "republican strategist" (i.e CIA-GOP plant to push McCain). Jillette just said that he loves Obama but he disagrees with him. The banner under Gillette says he is Libertarian. Wasn't he supposed to endorse Ron Paul?

No mention of Ron Paul. They seem to be going back and forth between Clinton, Obama, and McCain. Haven't spoken about Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee, for that matter.

I'll keep updating this thread for Ron Paul references, and also to provide some due diligence for this rumor that Penn Jillette endorses Ron Paul.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Sean Astin supports Clinton.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Penn says about Obama, "and I'm not a supporter, don't look at me like I am".

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Kal Penn (from Harold & Kumar) supports Obama.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I hope Penn knocks it out of the park for Ron Paul .

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Now they're going to talk about John McCain after this break.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Penn BETTER interject Ron Paul into this !!!! Seems like the perfect opportunity.

I don't have youtube, so you've got to tune in if you want to see it.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Ben Stein supports McCain. WTF?

nate895
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM

Ben Stein is a neocon, of course he supports McCain.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:23 PM

True that. He said he supported his candidacy because of his service, and how he will be able to manage the economy. That blew my mind.

devil21
02-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it's safe to say that there will be no more Ron Paul mentions on any political show from anyone. They tried pretty hard to make people think he had dropped out, and it worked, so no point in even talking about him since that gives an impression of still being in the race.

EDIT: I guess I stand corrected. Im genuinely surprised.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Ron Paul brought up... "except there's the immigration stuff, there's also the stuff in the past with the racist stuff that I don't agree with..." Penn Jillette.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I think it's safe to say that there will be no more Ron Paul mentions on any political show from anyone. They tried pretty hard to make people think he had dropped out, and it worked, so no point in even talking about him since that gives an impression of still being in the race.

I totally agree. I watch this MSM bullshit because I still have hope. But after watching Jilette mention that he wasn't clear on ron paul because of the racist stuff... yuck. He's just one of them. That sure as hell isn't an endorsement.

So I agree with you, when they bring him up, they'll trivialize or smear him. Larry even did an interview with Ron about the racist newsletters but never aired it. They have the footage to clear his name, but they don't show it. Unbelievable.

Then it is back to the ignore list.

pacelli
02-29-2008, 11:30 PM

EDIT: I guess I stand corrected. Im genuinely surprised.

Yeah, but it wasn't a positive mention, it was a cheap smear shot by Jillette, so your theory still holds.

Ron LOL
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM

Ben Stein is a tremendous douchebag. See also: Expelled. Durrrrrrrrrrr.

idiom
They all concluded the Penn would vote for Ron.

nate895
Yeah, but it wasn't a positive mention, it was a cheap smear shot by Jillette, so your theory still holds.

BASTARD.

billyjoeallen
02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
True that. He said he supported his candidacy because of his service, and how he will be able to manage the economy. That blew my mind.

Wasn't he supposed to be smart, anyone? anyone? anyone?

These guys put the "nazi" in Ashkenazi.

Flirple
02-29-2008, 11:37 PM
The thing you've got to understand about Penn is that he does indeed love almost everything about Ron Paul and was very close to going public with his support but he was very turned off about the newsletter story, the evolution issue, and he's not crazy about some of Ron's immigration rhetoric.

He adresses people's frustration with him not going to bat for Ron Paul in a more forceful manner in this installment of his video diary (at about 2:14) here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1297554355312001880&q=penn+says+crackle+ron+paul&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

literatim
03-01-2008, 12:57 AM
The thing you've got to understand about Penn is that he does indeed love almost everything about Ron Paul and was very close to going public with his support but he was very turned off about the newsletter story, the evolution issue, and he's not crazy about some of Ron's immigration rhetoric.

He adresses people's frustration with him not going to bat for Ron Paul in a more forceful manner in this installment of his video diary (at about 2:14) here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1297554355312001880&q=penn+says+crackle+ron+paul&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

So? He is an idiot. Just watching his rant on 'princess' shows just how much of an ass he really is.

devil21
03-01-2008, 04:09 AM
So? He is an idiot. Just watching his rant on 'princess' shows just how much of an ass he really is.

But he did start a big motto of this campaign:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7347512741048082668

FUF!

kaleidoscope eyes
03-01-2008, 04:41 AM

OMG, and I thought he was supposed to be super intelligent!?

what gives?

odd, that.

syborius
03-01-2008, 05:30 AM

you gotta be kidding..the most notable faction of the neocons, are into "wedge" global economics, just backwards. Once you understand that you begin to understand "gnihtyreve"

Flirple
03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
But he did start a big motto of this campaign:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7347512741048082668

FUF!

Indeed. Also of interest of people on these boards is this video: http://crackle.com/c/Penn_Says/Penn_Says_Glenn_Beck/2161572 where Penn Jillette talks about our disgust with him being so friendly with Glenn Beck instead of ripping into him.

devil21, as for his Penn's tirade (seen here: http://crackle.com/c/Penn_Says/Penn_Says_Glenn_Beck/2161572#id=2166197&ml=o%3D15%26fc%3D52%26fx%3D) against people calling his daughter "princess" I am surprised you think he is an ass from watching that. I couldn't agree more with Penn. Why are we glorifying something as evil, pretentious, and un-Jeffersonian as royalty?

sophocles07
03-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Amy Holmes, "republican strategist" (i.e CIA-GOP plant to push McCain).

It’s ridiculous how they get an attractive young girl to come on, looking like she’s going to be pro-Obama; she acts like everyone else on CNN, peppy/stupid/etc., but then talks about being a “conservative”—without any real qualification as far as values go, only a delusional “narrative” offered up about Obama v. Clinton and McCain v. the “Right”.

Yea, I don’t know who the fuck takes this guy seriously (Stein).

Wasn't he supposed to be smart, anyone? anyone? anyone?

These guys put the "nazi" in Ashkenazi.

Did you see his response on why gas prices are high? “It has absolutely nothing to do with George Bush; it’s all world markets.” What are you, fucking crazy? And no one had a comeback because they all KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ECONOMICS. Fran Drescher arguing about "it's our time" (women); other bitch talking about "hope." These people are a joke.