PDA

View Full Version : Way to Energize and Grow the Movement

RonPaulFanInGA
02-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Simple: Ron Paul announces his independent candidacy for President in early March.

Instantly multiple money bombs would be set up. People would start collecting signatures for petitions to get Paul on the ballot in all fifty states plus Washington D.C. Media attention would spread. Paul's message would reach new people. Grassroots projects would be revived. Paul would easily garner the needed 10% to participate in the presidential debates (Rasmussen has him at 8-11% as a third party candidate depending on the republican and democrat candidates).

Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people would show up on the march on Washington. People want a third party candidate. There is no Bloomberg.

I know Paul seemingly ruled it out here (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/message-from-ro.html) on February 08, 2008. But he wasn't so definitive two days ago on Neil Cavuto's show on Fox News when asked about an independent run. Maybe he allowed himself some wiggle room? Like how he only ruled out a third party run but said nothing about an independent run?

nate895
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Simple: Ron Paul announces his independent candidacy for President in early March.

Instantly multiple money bombs would be set up. People would start collecting signatures for petitions to get Paul on the ballot in all fifty states plus Washington D.C. Media attention would spread. Paul's message would reach new people. Grassroots projects would be revived. Paul would easily garner the needed 10% to participate in the presidential debates (Rasmussen has him at 8-11% as a third party candidate depending on the republican and democrat candidates).

Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people would show up on the march on Washington. People want a third party candidate. There is no Bloomberg.

I know Paul seemingly ruled it out here (http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/message-from-ro.html) on February 08, 2008. But he wasn't so definitive two days ago on Neil Cavuto's show on Fox News when asked about an independent run. Maybe he allowed himself some wiggle room? Like how he only ruled out a third party run but said nothing about an independent run?

I think he should wait for the state convention reports to start coming in in April to see if there is still hope we can pull off the nomination.

hyoomen
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I can't agree enough with the above statements. The time is not right to announce an independent run, HOWEVER the candidate is right to win an independent run.

Today may not be the day for Rep. Paul to go independent, but this is the year.

I'm gathering up quotes regarding partisan politics and why an independent run is the right thing for our nation, and I'm hoping you'll join me in finding information, videos, songs, anecdotes, etc. to help inspire Congressman Paul just as he's inspired so many of us.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2008, 08:21 AM
I think he should wait for the state convention reports to start coming in in April to see if there is still hope we can pull off the nomination.

I guess. But time is money. The longer Paul waits, should he actually do this, the less time supporters have to donate money and collect signatures to get him on the ballot as an independent.

Not trying to be too much of a downer, but I think at this point Paul has a better shot at the White House in 2008 as an independent candidate than he does getting the republican nomination. It's John McCain's sadly.

golfboy
03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
let us focus our efforts on winning freaking nebraska, the easiest state to win.

See how well we can leverage that into other states.

It's not over yet folks, not by a long shot. The independent campaign may need to happen, but for right now we are committed to the republican national convention no matter what, and this talk needs to be somewhat subdued and on the backburner.

Let's focus on how we can win a state in one weekend with little effort that no one knows about.

Aratus
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1298914#1298914
not that all this immediately phases out the IRS, insted it gives the senate
and house a guideline if $1000 or $500 or $100 incriaments are funded directly by
the public to quite specificprojects, programs and departments as to their projected budgets!

if people pay early or on time, i feel they should have the option to get quite
specific as to their funding recommendations. all remainder set sums as well as
all tardy payments can be funded in the traditional manner by our wise Senate
and House. i think this idea liberates a dull, dreary or much abused process!
it takes the allocation of monies AWAY from the vested interests and highlights
all extravangance and excesses! this could be a major reform in full fairness
if appropiately instituted and done as in a fait accomplii! this is my idea!

Aratus
03-01-2008, 09:44 AM
lets move past taxation via a stupid level of representation
to a direct citizens democracy approach to the down~phasing
of our income tax. flat tax people think the codes are too cumbersome.
special interests arm~twist and purchase office holders! if the
system can be streamlined and basically honest at the federal level,
we could have our income taxes feeling more fair as they are paid!!!

BarryDonegan
03-01-2008, 10:40 AM
he has to maintain the threat of an indie run in order to affect the republican platform. if they do not bend to his will, then he HAS to make the indie run.

its the "buchanan jook"

Flash
03-01-2008, 11:29 AM
If Ron Paul runs as an Independent then he loses his Congress seat. Theres no point in getting may be 5% of the vote if you are going to lose your congressional seat for it.

DirtMcGirt
03-01-2008, 12:04 PM
The republican party already has the infrastructure in place, we must take it over from bottom up, it may take some time but we have great strategies in place...

nate895
03-01-2008, 12:30 PM
If Ron Paul runs as an Independent then he loses his Congress seat. Theres no point in getting may be 5% of the vote if you are going to lose your congressional seat for it.

Not in Texas, he will have his spot on the ballot as a Republican if he wins his primary on Tuesday.

Akus
03-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Oh boy:mad:
THis has been chewed over SO many times.

No, no and NO.

We are fighting until the convention. We are training delegates to flood the GOP precinct, congressional and national conventions.

Ron Paul's campaign already has it's head up it's ass, but this would be the ultimately stupid a move.
jesus christ you people with your independent third party junk:mad::mad:

RonPaulFanInGA
03-01-2008, 01:38 PM

How the heck is Paul going to lose his congressional seat with no democratic opponent?

Aratus
03-02-2008, 10:20 AM
[a.] his immediate hurdle is in TWO days!

[b.] his NEXT neat hurdle is a mass of huddled republicans.
indeedy, yes!!! party platforms HAVE planks and planking!

sooooooo... to have a MR. PAUL on NOVEMBERs BALLOT
as a CHOISE concerning 1600 PENN AVE, WHY NOT RUN

.............................. RAND PAUL!!!!............................!!!

Flash
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
How the heck is Paul going to lose his congressional seat with no democratic opponent?

I thought you couldn't run as a independent in the presidential race and be a republican congressman at the same time. Thats what I heard around here but I'm not sure if its true.

Feelgood
03-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh boy:mad:
THis has been chewed over SO many times.

No, no and NO.

We are fighting until the convention. We are training delegates to flood the GOP precinct, congressional and national conventions.

Ron Paul's campaign already has it's head up it's ass, but this would be the ultimately stupid a move.
jesus christ you people with your independent third party junk:mad::mad:

Aggravating as hell, isnt it?

Third party/indy run = moot point and a stupid move. Its not going to happen.

Defending House seat = moot point and he should have resigned. In two years Congress wont even exist...

I honestly just dont know what it takes to get you people to wake up to the reality of things. :rolleyes:

Zera
03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
No independent running.

There will never be an independent president. While this sounds sad, it's simply true.

The media will continue to ignore Paul no matter what. They won't care if he's independent. And, there will not be tens of thousands of people marching at the capital.

The convention is our only hope. If we can take over the GOP in a few states that will be easy to take over in (Nebraska comes to mind), we CAN have a good chance.

ThePieSwindler
03-02-2008, 02:06 PM

That would turn in to the "people" voting to cut taxes for everyone but the wealthy, not for the actual abolishment of the income tax. Everyone would want someone else taxed, and it wold become even more unfair for the few who do have to pay. Also, what does this have to do with "energizing the movement"?

Aratus
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
my idea was that the tax money paid by each person via our 1040 forms
could then by another form that is either electronic or paper be allocated to a
precise area of the federal government's yearly budget. this could be
done in block incriaments of $1000 or $500 or $100... by this we bypass
the neccessity of having our senators or representatives on the federal level
do the allocating for us. this is for PEOPLE who pay their taxes early or on time...
this by its nature changes how we budget as well as how we structure the IRS!!!
any late monies or remainder set concerning the monies paid in get allocated
the old fashioned way that has worked since the presidency of woodrow wilson!

Aratus
03-02-2008, 02:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1298914#1298914
not that all this immediately phases out the IRS, insted it gives the senate
and house a guideline if $1000 or $500 or $100 incriaments are funded directly by
the public to quite specificprojects, programs and departments as to their projected budgets!

if people pay early or on time, i feel they should have the option to get quite
specific as to their funding recommendations. all remainder set sums as well as
all tardy payments can be funded in the traditional manner by our wise Senate
and House. i think this idea liberates a dull, dreary or much abused process!
it takes the allocation of monies AWAY from the vested interests and highlights
all extravangance and excesses! this could be a major reform in full fairness
if appropiately instituted and done as in a fait accomplii! this is my idea!

my bold idea!

Aratus
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM

my posting here is an afterthought... the idea is to make our
tax structure more responsive to our citizenery... and if we also
desire to make EVERYTHING more fair... we will have a better society

defe07
03-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I was thinking that we should contact all the voters that voted for Paul up to now and agree on having a secret money bomb. I calculated that almost 700,000 have either voted for him in the primaries or caucused for him. If all of them would donate even only $20 each month(giving a total of almost $14 million per month considering those that already voted) until the convention, Paul would have $98 million for a possible independent run. If a person wants to donate more than the $20 I proposed, so be it but I think we can do it. And after other voters had already voted for Paul in the remaining states, contact them. Of course, we should focus on trying to get the Rep nomination but I think something like this would be just awesome. Keep Paul in the spotlight, we do the other stuff. By the way, I wanted to vote for Paul in FL as I registered as a Republican weeks before Christmas but never got my ballot. I'm an ex-pat and I don't know if other ex-pats have had similar problems. Anyways, try to contact all the ex-pats because maybe some didn't receive their ballots or received a Dem ballot. FOR THE LONG HAUL!!

kigol
03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
wow

The Lantern
03-02-2008, 02:41 PM

Ron Paul will win his seat on March 4th. He will be declared the winner since there is no Democrat in the race. He can do any thing he pleases after March 4th. If he wants to run as independent, they cannot take his seat away.

defe07
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM

I agree with you 100% and it's better to wait until all the states give their final reports before the Convention. However, Paul could go to the convention with the funds, signatures and voters knowing that there's a backup plan. After the convention, if he doesn't get the nomination, maybe the HQ should contact all those delegates that weren't ours and take them with us for another run. Running now wouldn't be a good idea but instead have a backup plan so that way we can hit the establishment! :D