PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh awarded $2.5 million to purchase cameras

Captain America
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A42618

The federal government has provided $2.5 million to purchase the cameras, which comes from the Department of Homeland Security, and that money will be augmented by $862,000 in matching funds the city is pitching in. The money could have hired back a lot of the police officers Pittsburgh lost in previous years. But that's not where the funding is nowadays.

All i have to say is, WTF?

Agent CSL
02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
1984... 1984... 1984....

I hope the people rise up and start destroying them.

Poltiical_Rebel
03-01-2008, 01:56 AM
They're doing it in England, bashing em up faster than they can put a new one in its place.

intelliot
03-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Ugh... wasting resources when the economy is supposedly in bad shape...

WV Freedom Fighter
03-01-2008, 02:45 AM
That's a damn shame, I can't believe the freedoms we are losing daily. Welcome to the Police State Pittsburgh.

amy31416
03-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Pennsylvania. Home of former Homeland Security Advisor Tom Ridge. Born in Pittsburgh, raised in Erie. He even went to the same HS my brother did.

Now he's big-time as a senior advisor to John McCain's campaign, and I think will likely be picked as J-Mc's veep running mate.

In Erie, we actually have an environmental center named after him.

Dr.3D
03-01-2008, 12:01 PM
So homeland security is about watching the people of the United States?
I thought they were always telling us, terrorism was from abroad.

I tend to believe they are afraid of the citizens of the United States and worry their little scheme to destroy our constitutional rights might be impeded by those citizens.

Of course they will argue and say, "If you are not doing anything illegal, then why do you object to being watched?"

What's next, a camera watching us in the restroom?

losinglife
03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
i love how here in pgh we throw money away like its candy.

And they wonder why the cities population drops like lemmings year after year :rolleyes:.

Captain America
03-01-2008, 12:33 PM
little mayor ravenstall is a complete tool of the system we have to get this guy out of office asap

the city paper is no better, its mostly propaganda

amy31416
03-01-2008, 01:14 PM
little mayor ravenstall is a complete tool of the system we have to get this guy out of office asap

the city paper is no better, its mostly propaganda

Agreed on both counts, but at least they published this. Did the Post-Gazette?

Captain America
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Agreed on both counts, but at least they published this. Did the Post-Gazette?

thats true but its not calling fault its just letting us know its coming, i wish we had a paper that got pissed off about stuff like this, you know our rights being thrown down the shitter

Doktor_Jeep
03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
What kind of regime can jail one out of 100 people?
One that prints money.

What kind of regime can position troops all over the world to protect globalist interests and engage in pointless wars?
One that prints money.

What kind of regime can declare more pointless wars on things like drugs, poverty, and "hate thought"?
One that prints money.

What kind of regime that can put cameras on every pole?
One that prints money.

And what does history tell us, and Ron Paul warns us, about regimes that print money?

They go down.

We should stop trying to get the regime to cut spending. In fact we should give them more reasons to print money. Eventually they go down with having to fire a shot.

(The shots to fire will be AFTER the Weimar Republic, uh..... the present regime... collapses - to prevent the next Hitler or Stalin that the sheeple will surely clamor for to bring back the good old days).

the_british_are_coming
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
be careful what you ask for...

if you tear down a .gov, what would you replace it with?? very important question.

amy31416
03-02-2008, 04:31 AM
thats true but its not calling fault its just letting us know its coming, i wish we had a paper that got pissed off about stuff like this, you know our rights being thrown down the shitter

I agree with you. Perhaps one needs to be started?

These cameras are used, as far as I know, in England and they are vandalized all the time. . .:cool:

Captain America
03-02-2008, 11:04 AM
be careful what you ask for...

if you tear down a .gov, what would you replace it with?? very important question.

no tearing down of the .gov just restore it to a republic. The intent of the founding fathers. I dont want to see a despotism, but if we continue on this path of destruction of the constiution we will see one very soon.