PDA

View Full Version : I hate Neocon

Liberté
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I hate the term Neocon,

How about NeoRepublican, or Neorep for short?

molly_pitcher
02-29-2008, 04:58 PM
It reminds me of "decepticon", so I go with it http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroavatar/8663

The One
02-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I love lamp.

VoteForRonPaul
02-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually the term "new conservatives" might be precise. It refers to those new comers who are trying to redefine what conservatism is about. Simply the old conservatives are heading toward an extinction where there will be no longer the old definition of conservatism. Alot of those who support McCain and vote for him they think that they are true conservatives, this tends to prove that old conservatism is no longer popular or it has been redefined.

nate895
02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
They are technically conservative (by definition), since they support the old position of Imperialism and big government, and being conservative means to support the old ideas. That being said, a communist in Russia can be considered "conservative."

pacelli
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Forget neocon, let's just call them on their policies-- Fascists.

mediahasyou
03-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Actually the term "new conservatives" might be precise.

neo is the prefix for new.
So a neoconservative is a new and different kind of conservative.
So actually when it's shortened "new conservative" = neocon

I know what you mean though, liberte. Neocon, neoconservative, fascist, and liberal have all become political slurs. These terms are used so often incorrectly no one knows what they mean. Therefore, these words have no impact except as an insult. When used in a discussion people who believe the insult is directed at them will imediatly tune the insulter out. These terms acomplish nothing for the revolution.