PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party alienating youth

njandrewg
08-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Saw on CNN today, and they were talking about how thanks to Rove the republican party has completely lost its demographic in the 18-30 year old crowd...the guy on the show was saying that majority of people in that age bracket are now democrats because of Rove.

Is there a way we can use this to get more exposure for RP? Or more converts in the republican party? Something along the lines...that Ron Paul is the only hope for Republican party to get back the youth?

trispear
08-16-2007, 01:58 AM
The college blitz someone suggested.

Also, I suggest the Google video as being the best, followed by "Conversation with the Candidate" video in New Hampshire.

RP already owns the internet so that is young people right there.

People just have to be exposed to RP and his record (especially his record). I think the reason RP is so exciting to me and many others, including the young crowd, is that we are being exposed to a candidate that isn't full of shit and trying to serve us their brand of Koolaid while not believing a word of it themselves.

It's quite telling that RP was the only candidate, that when he opens his mouth I assume he's telling the truth, rather than the other way around. (I group Kucinich and Gravel here in this category too for the Democratic side.)