PDA

View Full Version : Israel threatens to unleash 'holocaust' in Gaza

Give me liberty
02-29-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3459144.ece

An Israeli minister gave warning today that the Gaza faces a “holocaust” if Islamist militants there do not end their daily barrages of home-made Qassam rockets, and their increasing use of Iranian-built Grad missiles.

“The more Qassam fire intensifies and the rockets reach a longer range, they will bring upon themselves a bigger holocaust because we will use all our might to defend ourselves,” Matan Vilnai, the Deputy Defence Minister said.

The use of the term "holocaust" is usually restricted to descriptions of the Nazi genocide of the Jews in Europe in the Second World War, and many Israelis resent its use in any other context. Mr Vilnai’s deployment of the word appeared to show Israel’s growing frustration that Hamas and other militant groups in Gaza refuse to curb their attacks, despite heavy tolls inflicted in Israeli air strikes and tank raids.

As Israeli media relayed his controversial comments, Mr Vilnai’s spokesman was forced to issue a clarification. “The minister used the Hebrew term 'shoah' which means 'catastrophe' and in this context does not refer to the 'the Shoah' - the Holocaust,” he said.

So guys what do you make of this?

2 comments on the article they have said, this not what he said.

But if i know any better, i think there defending the comment that isreal minister said :rolleyes:

be warned alots of pro isreal comments below.

and here what Shoah means

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

The Holocaust (from the Greek ὁλόκαυστον (holókauston): holos, "completely" and kaustos, "burnt"), also known as Ha-Shoah (Hebrew: השואה), Churben

Kotin
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
they a have a right to defend themselves.

and i am pro Isreal. so what?

Nailhead
02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Good for them...hopefully the palestinians will also go all out and we can just get them to wipe each other out. rid the world of this scum

aravoth
02-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I just don't care, I'm no more pro-Isreal than I am Pro-Bangledesh. I don't give a shit about either.

micahnelson
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
What would I do If my country was receiving daily attacks? I'm thinking war.

We had every right and duty to pursue AQ after 9/11 because they attacked us. Nation Building and preemptive war is something all together different. If Mexico was firing rockets into Dallas, and the Mexican government didnt/couldnt/wouldnt stop it- you bet your bippy we would be there to stop the threat.

This is the very essence of traditional US Foreign policy- Speak Softly but carry a large stick. How are you going to advocate no reaction from Israel when they are being bombed?

Cinderella
02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
+1 aravoth

kyleAF
02-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Sure, Israel can defend itself. And perhaps it should, but we should not defend Israel.

Let them handle it. Let us handle ourselves before it's too late.

All the problems that you see in that region are the result of our meddling several decades ago. Had we not set up a separate Israeli state, well... duh...

Israel declared independence and fought the Arab-Israeli war, so they can defend themselves now from the ramifications.

Can you just imagine how bad it's going to be in a few decades after the current level of meddling takes effect?

Tdcci
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
What would I do If my country was receiving daily attacks? I'm thinking war.

What would you do if your territory was invaded by a nuclear power backed by a union of the most powerful countries on Earth? I'm thinking guerrilla warfare.

gutteck
02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
If the Jews unleash a “holocaust” then their holocaust is nullified and they lose their martyr status. Then we can try them for crimes against humanity and write on history books that Isrelis are monsters for unleashing a holocaust in which 6 million Palestines died.

nate895
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Sure, Israel can defend itself. And perhaps it should, but we should not defend Israel.

Let them handle it. Let us handle ourselves before it's too late.

All the problems that you see in that region are the result of our meddling several decades ago. Had we not set up a separate Israeli state, well... duh...

Israel declared independence and fought the Arab-Israeli war, so they can defend themselves now from the ramifications.

Can you just imagine how bad it's going to be in a few decades after the current level of meddling takes effect?

+1

nate895
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
If the Jews unleash a “holocaust” then their holocaust is nullified and they lose their martyr status. Then we can try them for crimes against humanity and write on history books that Isrelis are monsters for unleashing a holocaust in which 6 million Palestines died.

Yes, because defending oneself against attacks from those who you haven't provoked and want to take away your land (which is holy to you) is totally unacceptable. Because of this, we must yield California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Texas, and a few other states to Mexico since we won them in war or through settlement.