PDA

View Full Version : Stop Spamming

0zzy
08-16-2007, 12:32 AM
On Digg.com.
They hate us.
Why?

You only use digg to spam the word of Ron Paul. People HATE it when you mention Ron Paul for no reason whatsoever. People HATE it when you only submit and digg Ron Paul stories.

STOP DOING IT!

You make them hate us.

Thanks.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-16-2007, 12:48 AM
///

0zzy
08-16-2007, 12:53 AM
I was more referring to the comments people make and the not-so-special Ron Paul articles people submit.

Digg hates it when you talk about something completely different from the story. Even if it's about politics, people go off in a Ron Paul speech. They don't like that, we need to refrain from just going off in our ways "Ron Paul 2008 - He's never "" Hope for America!" That's spam.

If people here use digg, use it wisely. No wall of text, no "Ron Paul 2008!", just use it wisely. Intelligently discuss the topic of that dugg story rather than using the same rhetoric.

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 12:53 AM
I think we should focus less on the little things and more on the big things. Like getting projects done.

When people spend time promoting little things that arn't that big a deal, and try to spam stuff, they're wasting their time. but.. if they're going to do it anyway.. idk

there's been a bit of spam around here, too, seems everywhere.. all these 'little' things take up so much focus, and nothing's really getting done.

Craig_R
08-16-2007, 12:58 AM
I never could figure out what the point of digg was, who the hell cares if other people like a story? And why would I want to read thier commentary on it?

seems like a useless waste of time to me.

why is it so popular?

Man from La Mancha
08-16-2007, 01:08 AM
I never could figure out what the point of digg was, who the hell cares if other people like a story? And why would I want to read thier commentary on it?

why is it so popular?

Really, I never dugg a story before comong here.

DeadheadForPaul
08-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Is digg really that big of a website? Ive never heard it mentioned outside of the context of Ron Paul

0zzy
08-16-2007, 01:13 AM

why is it so popular?

HEY NOW! Don't be hating on Digg! I've been using it since day 1, it's awesome. Social communication at it's best. Though there tends to be a lot of atheist and dumbasses in the comments as of late, but still good with the stories.

I've learned a lot from Digg. People report things I would never have found by myself. Why NOT have a center place for interesting articles? You can't trust the mainstream media!

Ron Paul Fan
08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
All Ozzy is saying is that he's concerned that there might be "blowback" from Digging a ton of articles and making irrelevant comments on the site. I tend to agree with him, but people are going to digg what they're going to digg and I don't think we can stop them from digging if they wanna digg. All I can do is worry about myself. I've never dugg an article and I don't plan on digging anything anytime soon. Frankly, I don't know what the hooplah is about Digg anyway. I've never used digg, i won't use digg in the future, and i can't really stop people from digging. So I won't be a part of trying to stop people from digging, but I will spread the message in other ways. You digg?

Craig_R
08-16-2007, 01:49 AM
ok then

whatever floats your boat I guess.

If there is an overabundance of fellow athiests there I may have to check it out.

thanks for the tip

0zzy
08-16-2007, 02:05 AM
ok then

whatever floats your boat I guess.

If there is an overabundance of fellow athiests there I may have to check it out.

thanks for the tip

Atheist is the mass population of Digg now-a-days. They tend to make fun of religion a lot and call it all evil.

Though some don't understand that Scientology is much more evil then any other religion.

trispear
08-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry, I won't stop "spamming".

I was on digg long before I heard of RP, and now that I digg his articles does not make me a spammer.

But I don't mention his name every chance I get on their either. People who do that when it is completely non-sequitor get dugg down. They'll learn.

0zzy
08-16-2007, 02:16 AM
But I don't mention his name every chance I get on their either. People who do that when it is completely non-sequitor get dugg down. They'll learn.

That's the type of spam I'm talking about. But apparently people don't learn, I see it too often.

Spirit of '76
08-16-2007, 09:21 AM

why is it so popular?

The value of Digg is that when a story "becomes popular" on Digg, it gets thousands and thousands of views. Many new links are created to it from all over the internet. This has the net effect that it rises in the search engine rankings, like google's, and even more people end up seeing it, independently of Digg.

It increases exposure for the article exponentially. I agree with the original poster that it shouldn't be used for trivial stuff, but for articles with merit or things that we really want the world to see, it's a great tool.

micahnelson
08-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I got 35k views for an article of mine that someone dugg. It is pretty popular. 35k is more attention than CNBC, lol.

UtahApocalypse
08-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Digg is a very interesting beast. I think many of the people there like Ron paul and agree with him. The problem they have is the site is Digg...its NOT Ron Paul Media Center. I still digg GOOD RP stories, I still comment, I also digg other things that interest me (LOL cats!) I bury Ron Paul stories at time, not not because I hate Ron Paul, or im on the "bury brigade" but those that are EXACT copies, are just SPAM, or some that are lame.

I guess the short answer is: I use Digg just like I always have.

themanhere
08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
What stop the Revolution? jk haha

I think its sort of funny its become sort of a internet meme. But i do agree on the redundant articles linked to some truthies website.

JaylieWoW
08-16-2007, 11:16 AM
One thing I admire most about Ron Paul and the Austrian theories is their uncanny ability to look beyond superficial aspects of a “plan for reform” and clearly demonstrate the positive and/or negative aspects that could lead to unintended consequences.

Do diggers hate Ron Paul fans? I’m quite certain, based on what I’ve seen, there are a considerable number of diggers who probably dislike the inundation of Digg with everything and anything Ron Paul related. I certainly think this approach to promoting Ron Paul IS counter-productive.

Does this mean Digging articles is counter productive? No, and let me tell you why I think this way.

I think in order for Digg to be used in any advantageous way, great care should be taken in what is submitted. Rather than submitting and digging strictly Ron Paul articles, maybe supporters of Ron Paul could be more constructive by digging articles with zero mention of Ron Paul, but that back up specific positions he advocates. Believe it or not, there are many of them out there. I'd be willing to bet there are several already on Digg right now.

Do some “digging” of your own to find articles and studies showing authenticity of the things Ron Paul (and we) believe are harming our country and our pursuit of liberty. That doesn’t mean run over to Mises, LewRockwell or Anti-War and start digging all the articles there, rather, look for other lesser known sources of information and really focus on finding things that make very valid and easy to understand points.

This is especially true of independent and “newbie” bloggers. Pull people like this into the fold rather than arguing with them and causing them to close their minds to everything you have to say. When you find something that really (and I mean REALLY) deserves to be noticed. Digg it, let us know on the forums and people can decide if it is worthy enough (on their own) and deserving of a “Digg”.

So, I don’t think Digg is a complete waste of time. Certainly, if anything, it is furthering the education of each of us, which in the long run, I believe is most important. Think Goldwater/Reagan to understand what I’m getting at. Regardless of whether Ron Paul makes it to the White House, the momentum he is gathering around him is something that will only die if we don’t hold true to our prime objectives: smaller government, more liberty, less policing of the world, end to burdensome and economy stifling taxation, and end of fiat currency, just to name a few big ones. :D

I’ve probably only scratched the surface of what could be hypothesized on this subject, but I hope I’ve made my point clear and I hope each of you, whether you think Digg to be a waste of time or not, will consider these things.:)

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
I am seeing all this shit on the forums that have nothing to do with Ron Paul news. People need to put the right topics in the right threads. It's annoying.

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
On this whole page of topics in 'Ron Paul news', I only see like 6 or 7 threads that are actual news and information.

bc2208
08-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Getting familiarized with sound money, thanks to Dr. Paul. I understand the value of gold and have heard most of Paul's investments are in gold and silver. However, given the way gold has fallen off (down to 645 today) along with the market (dow -300+), does it hold that gold can be a hedge against an unstable market? The lending crisis is causing people to find liquidity, which induces the selloff of gold. Is this a short term side effect of the crisis which will cede to a bull market in safer money, or will the price of gold fail to rebound?

I know this isn't campaign related but it's obviously an issue Dr. Paul is campaigning on so I want to understand it better.