PDA

View Full Version : How many delegates have we picked up?

BrettCates
02-29-2008, 01:56 AM
I not talking MSM numbers.......

Does Deep Thoat or any other Mods know?

Does Ron have the hundreds of delegates I think he does?

Am I the only one?

GoldStan
02-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Well since you don't want any numbers from "the MSM" (which are the numbers that will actually happen at the convention) then let's just go all the way and pick random fairy tale numbers out of the air shall we?

ZOMG!1! RP has 1200 delegates! We totall have the nomination locked up.

I hope that satisfies you since it has *exactly* the same amount of proof backign it up as "Deep Throat" or any of the other fabulists on here will have to back up their number.

acptulsa
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
First round, maybe 45 so far. Once they are released, who knows? Most are trying to fly under the radar. A brokered convention has yet to happen under the primary system, so it will be uncharted waters--and no doubt they'll be choppy. Since McCain semi-supporters like Stan have absolutely nothing to be enthused about and can only wander around mumbling negative doomsday thoughts, however, we have been able to actively put people in place and do something positive.

Definitely the most interesting campaign of my lifetime!

Nailhead
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
four

ScottA
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
McCain's site has Mcain at 1090...he only needs 100 more to "win" the nomination.

Dr. Paul only has 17. They have a different number then the MSM.

Did Dr. Paul pick up delegates in Washington? Last thing I read there it was still not worked out.

GoldStan
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
First round, maybe 45 so far. Once they are released, who knows? Most are trying to fly under the radar. A brokered convention has yet to happen under the primary system, so it will be uncharted waters--and no doubt they'll be choppy. Since McCain semi-supporters like Stan have absolutely nothing to be enthused about and can only wander around mumbling negative doomsday thoughts, however, we have been able to actively put people in place and do something positive.

Definitely the most interesting campaign of my lifetime!

Yep this is the same crap that people spouted prior to the primaries right here on this very board too. Despite all the signs that the effort had horribly gone off the rails folks here maintained that "We have done it already but the nay-sayers just don't know!"

Then the primaries came and we lost and lost and lost (due to wishful thinking). After that then they just changed tunes to the delegate counts, recounted votes, etc... After the convention goes by and Dr. Paul is ignored (since his most visible supporters have been poisionous Troofer types) everyone here will simply change the meme to prentend that some other future goal is where we have "succeeded already".

All the "prepo" delegates won't mean a thing.

Lord Xar
02-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Yep this is the same crap that people spouted prior to the primaries right here on this very board too. Despite all the signs that the effort had horribly gone off the rails folks here maintained that "We have done it already but the nay-sayers just don't know!"

Then the primaries came and we lost and lost and lost (due to wishful thinking). After that then they just changed tunes to the delegate counts, recounted votes, etc... After the convention goes by and Dr. Paul is ignored (since his most visible supporters have been poisionous Troofer types) everyone here will simply change the meme to prentend that some other future goal is where we have "succeeded already".

Hey Everyone, pay attention to Stan. He is smart and seems to have a bead on things that most of us don't. He is so smart. Everyone, please - listen to what Stan says. Infact, listen to what the MSM says and our political leaders. Stan, you are awesomely smart. You should be a liberal or a neocon, you are so smart.

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Xar - You alomst hit all the check-offs but you forgot to call me a troll for having a low post count. Of course if I had a few thousand you would have just gone with "traitor" as has been done with so many here.

I came to these forums only after bein involved on the ground with the campaign. I really didn't understand where the lunatics were coming from until I started following sites like this after Dr. Paul's disappointing results in the polls.

No I know exactly where the nutbags camefrom, and why they ruined not just my meetups but the national campaign.

Thanks a ton wingnuts.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Stan, you're trolling the board and a traitor to the cause of freedom. Regardless of whether or not McCain has many more bound delegates than Paul, the MSM numbers are inflated beyond doubt. Sorry you are so disappointed that a grassroots movement doesn't meet your specifications for a well-oiled machine, but if you think your leadership style is the key to victory you've gone 'round the bend.

Lead, follow or get out of the way, Stan. We still think liberty is worth fighting for. So sorry if you disagree.

Sentient Void
03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Xar - You alomst hit all the check-offs but you forgot to call me a troll for having a low post count. Of course if I had a few thousand you would have just gone with "traitor" as has been done with so many here.

I came to these forums only after bein involved on the ground with the campaign. I really didn't understand where the lunatics were coming from until I started following sites like this after Dr. Paul's disappointing results in the polls.

No I know exactly where the nutbags camefrom, and why they ruined not just my meetups but the national campaign.

Thanks a ton wingnuts.

Ok, everyone look at the SUPPOSED Ron Paul "supporter" GoldStan here. This is what I've been talking about. If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Firstly, if you are a supporter of Ron Paul, you wouldn't be "trolling" and being so negative and counter-productive. You would find something positive to say, or be trying to come up with some kind of solution to whatever your disagreement with the camp or grassroots support.

On the other hand, if you used to support Ron Paul, but no longer do nor believe in the cause, et cetera, then why are you still floating around on the forums? If this is the case, you are not part of the grassroots support, and you do not belong here. We don't need your negativity.

I work in business and sales. When you are given a job to do or a goal to hit, you find a way to do it ethically. No matter what, you can't complain about your goal or your budget, since it is counter-productive. You do WHAT YOU CAN and you work your hardest to hit that budget. When you start blaming other factors and just saying it can't be done, performance suffers more, usually to a significant extent. You must remain optimistic and fight towards your goal/budget.

THIS should be our attitude.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Well since you don't want any numbers from "the MSM" (which are the numbers that will actually happen at the convention) then let's just go all the way and pick random fairy tale numbers out of the air shall we?

I hope that satisfies you since it has *exactly* the same amount of proof backign it up as "Deep Throat" or any of the other fabulists on here will have to back up their number.

Stan,

Yeah, what everyone else said!
What in the hell are you doing here if not trying
to discourage people.

nbhadja
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM

The MSM numbers are WRONG. It's amazing how uneducated some RP fans are about the system. All the MSM is doing is projecting delegate numbers off of straw polls, which is BS.

Highstreet
03-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Stan did you miss all the messages from HQ?

This is about taking back centers of power in the Party. Taking as many delegate seats as possible to present the biggest voice possible at the Convention. So what if he doesn't "win". The Party platform has already been changed in a number of states and many members are becoming leaders within the GOP. This is the point.

If we were here to have some short lived campaign, then we would never change anything. We are here to renew the party values, so we can start winning elections again. There is no other way the GOP will ever inspire the sheeple to ever come out in droves again if this doesn't happen.

nbhadja
03-04-2008, 01:59 PM
GoldStan, wth is your problem? I just looked at your 44 post history and you are a troll.
Everyone, take a look at his post history. EVERY SINGLE post of his is negative.

Goldstan=troll

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Stan,

Yeah, what everyone else said!
What in the hell are you doing here if not trying
to discourage people.

Trying to point out that this is exactly the sort of head-in-the-clouds crap that kept this from becoming a viable campaign?

Magic thinking lost the campaign legitimacy and more magical thinking just means less chance of any of RP's ideas making it into the party platform.

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
*deleted my own post since the post I was replying to was deleted by a mod apparently.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Trying to point out that this is exactly the sort of head-in-the-clouds crap that kept this from becoming a viable campaign?

Magic thinking lost the campaign legitimacy and more magical thinking just means less chance of any of RP's ideas making it into the party platform.

Sweet. And shooting down all his supporters and all their ideas is another way to ensure none of Ron Paul's ideas make it into the party platform. Will the day come when you say something that will help to ensure that Ron Paul's ideas make it into the party platform, or is that not what you're here for?

GoldStan
03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Sweet. And shooting down all his supporters and all their ideas is another way to ensure none of Ron Paul's ideas make it into the party platform. Will the day come when you say something that will help to ensure that Ron Paul's ideas make it into the party platform, or is that not what you're here for?

Stopping all this nonsense talk about 9-11/Jews/subverting the convention will help get RP some credibility back.

Supporting and even simply letting such such talk go unopposed will help him lose further cred. This sort of talk only hurts us and it hurts us badly.

kill the banks
03-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Stan did you miss all the messages from HQ?

This is about taking back centers of power in the Party. Taking as many delegate seats as possible to present the biggest voice possible at the Convention. So what if he doesn't "win". The Party platform has already been changed in a number of states and many members are becoming leaders within the GOP. This is the point.

If we were here to have some short lived campaign, then we would never change anything. We are here to renew the party values, so we can start winning elections again. There is no other way the GOP will ever inspire the sheeple to ever come out in droves again if this doesn't happen.

thx ... i approve this message

kill the banks

kyleAF
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks a ton wingnuts.

Post counts mean nothing. kylejack had over 6000 and was a Hillary Clinton supporter from the somethingawful.com forums who was just here to jack around with us... until an inter-forum flame war ensued and it was discovered.

There are plenty of crazies out there, I agree. I've met several. We won't know whether we can manage to sneak through enough delegates until the vote is actually cast.

There is nothing "wingnutty" about the GOP national convention rules for 2008, though.

The process which we describe --- which has NOTHING to do with a brokered convention --- is real enough. NO ONE is bound to vote for anyone even on the FIRST ballot. Period.

acptulsa
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I think the convention is the appropriate place for the party--a party with a sitting president at 19% approval and a presumptive nominee who is not only pretty much guaranteed to lose the general election a la Bob Dole but may not even be eligible--to reexamine itself and it's leadership and think about it's direction and future.

Dr. Paul has said the 9/11 truthers aren't helpful, and I do what I can to chill them out. I don't condone hate speech and call it out wherever it appears even remotely connected to Dr. Paul. The convention is a legitimate vehicle for change--according to Dr. Paul, according to the purpose of conventions, and in my mind.

P.S. Thank you for chilling out on the flaming and discussing these things more civilly.