PDA

View Full Version : 65B Lessons Learned

NorthwoodsPC
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Just got back from my caucus. The results are not yet known. What is known are areas where we can improve our results.

1. Much like the initial caucus turnout is key. Out of my precinct we only had half of our RP people show. Luckily the showing for the others was worse.

2. Know the race before you get there. My BPOU was allocated only 6 positions to go on th the CD. We had organized with 15+ supporters wanting to move forward. A call was made on the spot to take the first six on the list. This was not the best way to handle this but we had to act fast to have any organization at that point. A call to Republican HQ should give you this information.

3. Sell yourself. At this point the election is still for individual delegates. What I saw were people who gave a straight RP speech, even without mention of name, were discounted by most participants. Pick one or two key issues and relate them to yourself. If I had to do it again I would sprinkle some mainstream buzz words in as well. You can be pro-life and pro-family even if you do not hold the positions that they are traditionally associated.

4. The people chosen this round will attend both the CD and state conventions. Be sure the people you pick as delegates are both available and willing to serve on the CD meeting day AND at the state convention in Rochester.