PDA

View Full Version : Lets organize a HUGE Ron Paul march!!

Sematary
08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking sometime in November in Washington D.C. - yes, it's relatively nice there in November. Let's get as many Ron Paul supporters together as can possibly get there and ask the Dr. to come give us a speech. We could do it at the foot of the Washington monument. Not only would this be good for the morale of the troops but it would garner us much needed national exposure just a couple of months shy of the first primaries. What do you folks think? Can we pull this off?

noxagol
08-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah. Get as many people there as possible and have a Million American March heh. I had this idea. Could do it on Veterans Day weekend, since that is usually an extended holiday for most.

SwordOfShannarah
08-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I love it. I think it's a great idea.

Maybe smaller marches could be held across America that day as well.

You know I'm just about to start http://www.RonPaulsAcrossAmerica.com (it's up but no info yet). The site is going to promote candidates running on the Ron Paul platform. But if we do a nation wide march with the largest rally at D.C. the name really fits for both topics. If you want to use this site for the march let me know. The site could cover both projects under the same domain.

Anyway whatever you do let me know if I can help.

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:01 PM
I can't wait to march by the Whitehouse gate with my Ron Paul sign and my tri-corner hat

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Question: Will Justin.Tv or RonPaulRadio be live at Dr. Paul's birthday? If not, since we will not be watching/listening to it from around the nation, we should hold Ron Paul sign wavings on his birthday (for those of us who cant be at the bash)

rajibo
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I can make D.C. A few hours from Philly. Let me know the date.

Sematary
Question: Will Justin.Tv or RonPaulRadio be live at Dr. Paul's birthday? If not, since we will not be watching/listening to it from around the nation, we should hold Ron Paul sign wavings on his birthday (for those of us who cant be at the bash)

Don't derail this thread. Go somewhere else with this question.
Ok - back to the topic.
HOW do we begin to organize this.
Should I contact that the campaign and find out when would be a good date?

DjLoTi
Ron Paul radio will be! :D

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I like this idea

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:05 PM
I can make D.C. A few hours from Philly. Let me know the date.

This is what is known (I think) as the investigational phase. Right now, I'm trying to find out if the interest would be there. It appears it would.
Secondly, we need to find out from the Campaign when would be a good date. I'll look into that.
Thirdly, we need to contact EVERY meetup group and Ron Paul forum in the country and get people involved and excited.

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 11:07 PM
We have to make sure it's in an authorized Free Speech Zone.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
We have to make sure it's in an authorized Free Speech Zone.

Those only count when the president is out and about. Anyway, I think the Washington Monument or even in front of the Congress (perhaps better) would be ideal. I want to do this!!!! The media attention of tens of thousands of Ron Paul supporters would be AWESOME!!!

0zzy
08-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I've been dreaming of a Dr. King type presence in Washington DC for Dr. Paul.

But how?
And wouldn't the police kill us all? "Votes gone!" They'd say.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I've been dreaming of a Dr. King type presence in Washington DC for Dr. Paul.

But how?
And wouldn't the police kill us all? "Votes gone!" They'd say.

LET'S DO THIS!!!
I'm going to contact the campaign RIGHT NOW!!!

noxagol
I got the St. Louis meetup group and another smaller one in my list.

I still say veterans day would be the best day. Media is already out and about, its a longer weekend for students and a lot of people that work.

robatsu
Until the establishment of some national meetup network, if you want to forward stuff to DC area meetup groups on this topic, send them to me. I'm in the various DC area meetup groups.

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Just pick a day, pick a time, and then start spreading the word.

If you schedule it, they will come.

4Horsemen
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
We can get the tax groups involved too.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Email sent

We "grassroots" people are thinking that we'd REALLY love to put together something in November (that gives us plenty of time) for supporters of Ron Paul to rally to. We'd like Ron Paul to attend and speak to us. We are thinking in front of the Washington Monument or even better, at the steps of Congress. Is it possible that a date could be scheduled (and a venue) by the campaign (one of those two places) and we'll do the rest.

A true patriot and Ron Paul supporter,

Bob Larkin

retrorepublican
08-15-2007, 11:17 PM
awesome idea! i live in jersey so i'd definitely be able to come down. keep me up to date on any developments. i'll push for it on the daily paul

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 11:18 PM
How about calling it: "We Are America" march?

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm FRICKIN EXCITED ABOUT THIS IDEA!!!
We can get RP supporters from all over the country for this!
I'll let you guys know what the campaign says.
If I don't hear anything, we can schedule it on our own and figure out who is going to speak.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
How about calling it: "We Are America" march?

How about "Americans for Freedom and Ron Paul march"?

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
We GOTTA do this!

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Not to be a downer, because I think this is an awesome idea, but since I live in California, I'm wondering if the $800+ it would cost me to attend this event would be better served as a cash payment directly to the campaign?

american.swan
08-15-2007, 11:21 PM
After the excitement of the Iowa straw poll, I feel a little low just because the excitement of the straw poll was so high.

I have been thinking of this kind of thing for a while. NOW I am on another high. THIS ROCKS!!!! I can't wait too see how many turn out AND how the media down plays the "millions" that show up.

GO GO GO GO GO!!!

Get every freedom lover no matter what to be there and have different freedom lovers speak, with RON PAUL being the climax or something.

YEAH!!

On another Ron Paul/ Freedom High

4Horsemen
08-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Nov. 11th looks like the best day.

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Not to be a downer, because I think this is an awesome idea, but since I live in California, I'm wondering if the $800+ it would cost me to attend this event would be better served as a cash payment directly to the campaign?

If you feel that would be better, then do it, and march in Sacramento.

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2007, 11:23 PM

Yes I'd say in your case

noxagol
08-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb619 View Post
If you feel that would be better, then do it, and march in Sacramento.

Excellent idea. Have everyone that can't go to DC march in their state capital or nearest major city!

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Excellent idea. Have everyone that can't go to DC march in their state capital or nearest major city!

nice

4Horsemen
08-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Plenty of vets will be their too. I aways wanted to see the vet. memorials, can't think of a better day.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:26 PM

It could be but then again, if we could pull 100,000 people into D.C. for a march, there is NO WAY the MSM could ignore it.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Nov. 11th looks like the best day.

Why November 11?

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Plenty of vets will be their too. I aways wanted to see the vet. memorials, can't think of a better day.

Shit - maybe we could get the vets (who support RP) Moveon and all the other anti-war crowd, etc...
Dude, this could be HUGE!!!

SwordOfShannarah
08-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Email sent

We "grassroots" people are thinking that we'd REALLY love to put together something in November (that gives us plenty of time) for supporters of Ron Paul to rally to. We'd like Ron Paul to attend and speak to us. We are thinking in front of the Washington Monument or even better, at the steps of Congress. Is it possible that a date could be scheduled (and a venue) by the campaign (one of those two places) and we'll do the rest.

A true patriot and Ron Paul supporter,

Bob Larkin

Remember, Remember the 5th of November.

Kind of fitting don't you think?

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:29 PM
It could be but then again, if we could pull 100,000 people into D.C. for a march, there is NO WAY the MSM could ignore it.

Just to play devil's advocate - if those 100,000 people donated the money they would have spent on travel, accommodations and meals directly to the campaign, you are talking about a huge sum of money to spend on television and radio spots.

Sematary

Sounds like a good date to me. Let's see what the campaign says.

rajibo

I'll buy you dinner.

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 11:30 PM
I was there. It was a lot of fun. We took a chartered bus from Springfield Mass. I forget the exact number, but there were thousands of us there.

I'm trying to find info on google, but nothing.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Just to play devil's advocate - if those 100,000 people donated the money they would have spent on travel, accommodations and meals directly to the campaign, you are talking about a huge sum of money to spend on television and radio spots.

You are missing the bigger picture. If you get 100,000 people to march in Washington in November chanting Ron Paul's name, you would get more media exposure than we could EVER hope to pay for.

noxagol
08-15-2007, 11:31 PM

Save that for '08 which is the day after Ron Paul gets elected heh.

Why November 11?
Veterans day my friend. Students have it off, a lot of people don't have to work that day so its is an extended weekend. Also, the media is usually out and about already doing crap.

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Hell, I may just go anyway and figure out a way to make the max contribution. If we can pull this off, it is going to be something to remember.

SwordOfShannarah
08-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Wow - just think if we all wore the masks and capes as well! haha- ok that might scare the rest of the country a little too much, but what a site it would be. :D

It would also put some much needed fear of the people back into this government.

Kuldebar
SPAM

Supporting Paul's America March

:D

Sematary
Hell, I may just go anyway and figure out a way to make the max contribution. If we can pull this off, it is going to be something to remember.

You bet your ASS it will!!
Are we all in?
We have to bust ass getting notice out to meetups. I like the veterans day idea. Good hook for the media.

Lord Xar
08-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I am very confused.. There is already a march being planned for AUGUST 26th..

Sematary

What march is that?

noxagol
I got St. Louis meet up groups covered. A guy has another guy in Kansas City in is email.

rajibo
08-15-2007, 11:36 PM

What march? Where? And that's not too far away from now...

ctb619
08-15-2007, 11:38 PM
According to the official campaign site, August 26th is RP's birthday bash in Texas.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:39 PM
According to the official campaign site, August 26th is RP's birthday bash in Texas.

Ya, that's something different. I think a huge outpouring of support in the capital will get the media's attention.

4Horsemen
08-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Why November 11?

Veterans Day weekend. Vet day is on the 10th (Friday) no classes and various memorial activities that day. It's a 3 day weekend for most people too.

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Devvy Kidd. She organized it. She was hot, then. Maybe she still is. She might be interested in this. She is on this website:

http://www.iafptn.com/

I see Ron Paul on that site, too.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Veterans Day weekend. Vet day is on the 10th (Friday) no classes and various memorial activities that day. It's a 3 day weekend for most people too.

I'm liking it. This is going to require every one of us to work our tails off contacting meetup groups, etc... but will well be worth the effort.

themanhere
08-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Sounds cool. It would be even cooler to flood a debate and march around MSM chanting Ron Paul. OR get tickets and pose as Mitt/Rudy supporters then BOO the living shit out of them.

ronpaulhawaii
08-15-2007, 11:46 PM
You are missing the bigger picture. If you get 100,000 people to march in Washington in November chanting Ron Paul's name, you would get more media exposure than we could EVER hope to pay for.

It would be great. How many MU members are there? How many made it to Iowa when HQ was strongly requesting our presence?

Yes, getting a hundred thousand would be great, a few thousand would be a joke. How long did it take the them christian fathers to organize their day in DC? How many did they get? Farrakhan?

Sometimes I hate thinking like this...

Yes, among other similar projects ;)

m

Sematary
08-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds cool. It would be even cooler to flood a debate and march around MSM chanting Ron Paul. OR get tickets and pose as Mitt/Rudy supporters then BOO the living shit out of them.

That would only appear childish. We need to get out in force, and let the world know that there is only ONE candidate that we can support.

DjLoTi
08-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes, among other similar projects ;)

Hawaiiiiii... what do you have up your sleeve???

ronpaulhawaii
08-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Hawaiiiiii... what do you have up your sleeve???

More of the same, only bigger and (hopefully) better. We've been working on it. I was wanting to run some thoughts past you, no time tonight for a summary, will try to PM tomarrow. (After I finish a little sign project I've been working on)

I do think a big march on DC is a great idea, perhaps it might be better to wait till after we win the monination and have more on board. Marching past Hillary's office would be fun...

Sematary
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
More of the same, only bigger and (hopefully) better. We've been working on it. I was wanting to run some thoughts past you, no time tonight for a summary, will try to PM tomarrow. (After I finish a little sign project I've been working on)

I do think a big march on DC is a great idea, perhaps it might be better to wait till after we win the monination and have more on board. Marching past Hillary's office would be fun...

I think we need this to help us get the nomination first. One step at a time, my friend.

themanhere
08-16-2007, 12:06 AM
That would only appear childish. We need to get out in force, and let the world know that there is only ONE candidate that we can support.

you're right, i was just tossing some ideas out there. sorry for my hippie episode.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 12:11 AM
you're right, i was just tossing some ideas out there. sorry for my hippie episode.

Quite alright. :D

DjLoTi
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
I think it'd be cooler to have a bunch of RP supporters to go another candidates speech, and just sit there in dead silence. Like zombies. Talk about killing the mood. lol

fj45lvr
08-16-2007, 12:24 AM
take a bunch of coffins to it......we can be "PAUL BEARERS"

the Coffins can be labeled:
"FEDERAL RESERVE"
"IRS",
"entangled alliances"
"pre emptive war"
"patriot act"
"amnesty"
"national I.D."
fiat currency

etc. and etc.

One thing you got to admit is that the Arabs really know how to have dramatic marches with the coffins passing around over their heads!!! makes for great TV!!

SwordOfShannarah
08-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I think we need this to help us get the nomination first. One step at a time, my friend.

agreed.

Jon S
08-16-2007, 12:35 AM
yea but if we're gonna organize this it needs to be massive. i mean having 4000 people show up will just make us a laughing stock. it would have to be comparable to martin luther king or the hippies gathering at the base of the washington memorial. it has to be a momentous occasion that will go down in the history books.

american.swan
08-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I think it will look funny if only a few show up.

need a lot of people.

SwordOfShannarah
08-16-2007, 01:05 AM
yea but if we're gonna organize this it needs to be massive. i mean having 4000 people show up will just make us a laughing stock. it would have to be comparable to martin luther king or the hippies gathering at the base of the washington memorial. it has to be a momentous occasion that will go down in the history books.

I think it will look funny if only a few show up.

need a lot of people.

This is very true.. and it's also extremely obvious. That's the beauty of it. When I saw the idea I immediately thought, "That will be history in the making. I want to be a part of that." That's the kind of draw this thing has. There will be so many reasons to go. It will be a great event that no one will want to miss.

tomahawk
08-16-2007, 01:22 AM
count me in.... ill need a vacation around that time anyways

Bluedevil
08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
This is a great idea, it could really help build excitement for the campaign. Is November 11th veterans day? I say he gives the speech in front of the Jefferson memorial. Jefferson was the President probably closest to a libertarian and plus there is a perfect amount of room to fill up in front of it. It would probably look bootleg if there was a couple of thousand people in front of the Lincoln memorial.

Jon S
08-16-2007, 02:08 AM
bump. whats going on as of now to organize this?

Slugg
08-16-2007, 02:21 AM
We can get the tax groups involved too.

Contact "We the People" foundation

danda
08-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Just a random thought...

I remember that in another thread somone who lives in DC says that there are marches there all the time, and it doesn't generate much news.

So what if we took the same people, and marched somewhere that marches don't usually occur, and that ties in well with Ron Paul campaign themes?

Now, I don't know what exactly such places might be, but just off the top of my head I can think of:

- Fort Knox. ( Hey, where did all our gold go? )

- Just about any military base. ( Hey, when are our troops (sons, husbands) coming back? this might have blowback for us though.

- Mount Rushmore. ( Hey, what happened to the American values these great men are so revered for? )

- The federal reserve would be great, but..... it's in DC. Maybe one of the member banks?

- Ron Paul's hometown. Just showing support.

You get the gist. I'm sure y'all can think of better locations/themes than occur to me at 3:25 am.

SwordOfShannarah
08-16-2007, 04:01 AM
This is a great idea, it could really help build excitement for the campaign. Is November 11th veterans day? I say he gives the speech in front of the Jefferson memorial. Jefferson was the President probably closest to a libertarian and plus there is a perfect amount of room to fill up in front of it. It would probably look bootleg if there was a couple of thousand people in front of the Lincoln memorial.

I'm thinking over 50,000 or even over 100,000 will show. Look at Dr. Pauls positions and ask yourself if there is an audience for them;

Anti-war (bring the troops home)
pro-civil liberties
pro-drug legalization
pro-life / pro-choice (as in states decide)
sound money (no fed reserve)
9/11 accountability (both for negligence and for Osama)
hands off the internet
pro 2nd amendment
secure the borders
no torture
smaller government
and a return to the constitution

Do you think we can attract more than a few thousand people to march for these things? For Ron Paul supporters, we can push the fact that Ron Paul will be there. To the general public we market the march as for these issues, featuring the presidential candidate that stands for them all.. Ron Paul.

The flyers might read:

Join us for the "The Constitution March" w/ presidential candidate Ron Paul....

then list date/ details and all the issues that the march is for. Most Americans will find a few on the list they want to march for.

Can you imagine all the people with blogs / videos / flyers , etc that will want to promote this?

american.swan
08-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Just a random thought...

I remember that in another thread somone who lives in DC says that there are marches there all the time, and it doesn't generate much news.

So what if we took the same people, and marched somewhere that marches don't usually occur, and that ties in well with Ron Paul campaign themes?

Now, I don't know what exactly such places might be, but just off the top of my head I can think of:

- Just about any military base. ( Hey, when are our troops (sons, husbands) coming back? this might have blowback for us though.

- Mount Rushmore. ( Hey, what happened to the American values these great men are so revered for? )

- The federal reserve would be great, but..... it's in DC. Maybe one of the member banks?

You get the gist. I'm sure y'all can think of better locations/themes than occur to me at 3:25 am.

If there ARE marches there all the time, we would have to have a HUGE crowd to attract ANY attention.

I think we won't be able to get every meet up group members to fly to DC, so maybe the best thing to do is have marches at 5 or six major places around the country.

If we could get enough people to attract attention in DC I think it would be great.

I think there should be a number of speakers, make it an all day thing. March in the morning, take up space until late evening.

I think we should try. I mean it can't hurt. And why not repeat the even every so often, when more people might participate. I think what would be cool is if by marching, people started to join in from off the street.

austinphish
08-16-2007, 04:27 AM

true but you know we are grassrooters and this is what we do best.

You can't simply equate dollars spent b/c there other variables.

krott5333
08-16-2007, 04:44 AM
make it happen

mrchubbs
08-16-2007, 04:52 AM
I hate to be a negative Ned, but I doubt that we could get 50K people to do this. That being said I would certainly be one of whomever does show up. I would also promote it as best as I can. I think it is a great idea, but I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to the numbers that would show up.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Just a random thought...

When I was still an Obama supporter, there was someone who had exactly the same idea to do a march on Washington as one of the themes behind Obama's campaign was to take back Washington. As far as I can tell, that idea never got off the ground-but I think while we might not be able to draw in the same numbers necessarily Ron Paul's supporters can definitely pull something like this off.

As for location, I would suggest the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. I don't know the logistics of the immediate area around the bell but since liberty is such a central issue in the campaign and Philadelphia is in a location that many could get to easily, I think it would be a very appropriate symbolic location that might offset the lower numbers.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 05:28 AM
Here's some more on the Liberty Bell from the National Park Service Web site:

"The Liberty Bell's inscription conveys a message of liberty which goes beyond the words themselves. Since the bell was made, the words of the inscription have meant different things to different people.

"When William Penn created Pennsylvania's government he allowed citizens to take part in making laws and gave them the right to choose the religion they wanted. The colonists were proud of the freedom that Penn gave them. In 1751, the Speaker of the Pennsylvania Assembly ordered a new bell for the State House. He asked that a Bible verse to be placed on the bell - "Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the inhabitants thereof" (Leviticus 25:10). As the official bell of the Pennsylvania State House (today called Independence Hall) it rang many times for public announcements, but we remember times like July 8, 1776 when it rang to announce the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence.

"The old State House bell was first called the "Liberty Bell" by a group trying to outlaw slavery. These abolitionists remembered the words on the bell and, in the 1830s, adopted it as a symbol of their cause.

"Beginning in the late 1800s, the Liberty Bell travelled around the country to expositions and fairs to help heal the divisions of the Civil War. It reminded Americans of their earlier days when they fought and worked together for independence.

"In 1915, the bell made its last trip and came home to Philadelphia, where it now silently reminds us of the power of liberty. For more than 200 years people from around the world have felt the bell's message. No one can see liberty, but people have used the Liberty Bell to represent this important idea."

Absolutely appropriate don't you think? There could be a lot of speeches to tie into this-a reading of the Declaration of Independence, someone talking about William Penn, etc.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 05:38 AM
I looked over the rules for getting a use permit and it seems that we would be within them but I'm no expert on this. Can someone contact them today?:

http://www.nps.gov/inde/special-use-permits.htm

cac1963
08-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Just a random thought...

Exactly. I love the idea too, and in another world believe it could possibly do some good, but the media is very adept at ignoring masses marching on DC. How many here saw the mountains of MSM coverage given to the MILLIONS of anti-war protesters who marched on DC and every major city prior to the Iraq invasion? Now that was pretty successful, wasn't it?

Perhaps another location might work, simply because it'd draw a crowd larger than it could easily accommodate, but I kinda think all the money pumped into something like that could be better spent on more local RP visibility efforts.

mrchubbs
08-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Well it seems DC should be ruled out.

From the DC Metro Police web site:
http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1241,q,548278.asp
---------------------------
What is required to hold a special event?

As an event planner, you are required to meet with the Special Events Task Group at least 60 days prior to your proposed event. Due to the large number of events held in Washington, DC, and the District's extensive regulations that govern event planning, you should contact the Task Force at least 120 days in advance of an event. For parades, demonstrations, and other permits controlled by the Metropolitan Police Department, you can initiate this notification by completing the appropriate forms (see below) and mailing them to the MPDC's Special Operations Division. Contact the DCEMA at (202) 727-3165.

At the Task Force meeting, you will be required to produce 12 copies of your plan of action and make a presentation covering the event.

----------------

What a bureaucracy of BS.

noxagol
08-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Statue of Liberty?

The place where the Constitution was forged and signed?

Place where the Declaration of Independence was signed?

Some central national location like Kansas City or St. Louis?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Veteran's Day is the 11th. Just to clarify, the 11th is a Sunday this year. The holiday is the 12th (if you have it off).

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:22 AM

Exactly

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:23 AM

couple thousand? Think big, my friend

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Just a random thought...

I think it HAS to be Washington D.C and it HAS to be large enough to grab attention. As noted, if only a few thousand people show up, no one will notice.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:26 AM
I hate to be a negative Ned, but I doubt that we could get 50K people to do this. That being said I would certainly be one of whomever does show up. I would also promote it as best as I can. I think it is a great idea, but I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to the numbers that would show up.

I think if we couild get every group we can think of involved plus our own people, we could really put on a show!

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:29 AM
When I was still an Obama supporter, there was someone who had exactly the same idea to do a march on Washington as one of the themes behind Obama's campaign was to take back Washington. As far as I can tell, that idea never got off the ground-but I think while we might not be able to draw in the same numbers necessarily Ron Paul's supporters can definitely pull something like this off.

As for location, I would suggest the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. I don't know the logistics of the immediate area around the bell but since liberty is such a central issue in the campaign and Philadelphia is in a location that many could get to easily, I think it would be a very appropriate symbolic location that might offset the lower numbers.

That's not a bad idea but I don't know if it would have the same impact. Still, worth consideration.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Here's some more on the Liberty Bell from the National Park Service Web site:

"The Liberty Bell's inscription conveys a message of liberty which goes beyond the words themselves. Since the bell was made, the words of the inscription have meant different things to different people.

"When William Penn created Pennsylvania's government he allowed citizens to take part in making laws and gave them the right to choose the religion they wanted. The colonists were proud of the freedom that Penn gave them. In 1751, the Speaker of the Pennsylvania Assembly ordered a new bell for the State House. He asked that a Bible verse to be placed on the bell - "Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the inhabitants thereof" (Leviticus 25:10). As the official bell of the Pennsylvania State House (today called Independence Hall) it rang many times for public announcements, but we remember times like July 8, 1776 when it rang to announce the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence.

"The old State House bell was first called the "Liberty Bell" by a group trying to outlaw slavery. These abolitionists remembered the words on the bell and, in the 1830s, adopted it as a symbol of their cause.

"Beginning in the late 1800s, the Liberty Bell travelled around the country to expositions and fairs to help heal the divisions of the Civil War. It reminded Americans of their earlier days when they fought and worked together for independence.

"In 1915, the bell made its last trip and came home to Philadelphia, where it now silently reminds us of the power of liberty. For more than 200 years people from around the world have felt the bell's message. No one can see liberty, but people have used the Liberty Bell to represent this important idea."

Absolutely appropriate don't you think? There could be a lot of speeches to tie into this-a reading of the Declaration of Independence, someone talking about William Penn, etc.

I like it, but how about logistics?

ghemminger
08-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Let me know if I can be of help. I'm gathering a large datbase of individual marches for Ron Paul. Kelly Halldorson has been very involved. Let me know how I can help!:)

Ron Paul March Across America!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-America Walk in Support of Ron Paul’s Freedom Message
Sunday, August 26th, 2007
9 AM

PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO HELP! I am also organizing on a national level so I need help on the local level. There is lots that needs to be done, including:

-spread the word and get folks to participate in the walk
-be a supply/shuttle car
-notify the media
-organize supplies for the walk (cold drinks, signs, banners, literature, medical supplies, ect...)
-more....

Inspired by Kelly Halldorson, a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who walked from Dover to Concord, New Hampshire recently to raise awareness about Dr. Paul's candidacy, we announce the organization of an All-America walk to raise such awareness to the national level. Kelly’s walk got her substantial press in her state. We can get similar press coverage in our cities, states, nationally and internationally if we all take a few steps together and show our support for the Freedom Message. Let’s show the nation that:

*We are real people taking real action and not a virtual internet phenomenon!

*We are serious about supporting a candidate who stands for FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE in government!

*The people are ready to TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK!

On the day before his birthday, let’s give our candidate back some of the inspiration that he has given to us. Come on, people! We can do this! Let’s put this country on notice that the Ron Paul Revolution is HERE and EVERYWHERE. On August 19th we will gather to walk in EVERY state of the union. With signs and banners and literature and LOVE in our hearts we will spread the word of our support for FREEDOM and the return to CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT!

*A Walk in Every State of the Union
*Any number of walkers will do
*Any route or distance is great
*Notify the media and demand their attention!
*Have FUN and let your love light shine!
*Organize your Committee TODAY!

For more information and to get involved:

http://www.marchacrossamerica.blogspot.com/
http://www.RonPaulRadio.US/allamericawalk.html

Article that started it all...
http://www.seacoastonline.com/

Kelly's Blog
http://www.blogthecoast.com/halldorson/

More info on this topic:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=ghemminger <http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&amp;highlight=ghemminger>

Yours in support of Ron Paul for President,

George Hemminger
george4title@yahoo.com
909-835-3391

Kelly Halldorson
kelly@halldorson.com

ghemminger
08-16-2007, 07:45 AM
The August 26th Walk has been published in the Daily Paul and many Meetup are participating...I would love to help promote your march!

Sematary
08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
The August 26th Walk has been published in the Daily Paul and many Meetup are participating...I would love to help promote your march!

Once we have some firm info, I will get ahold of you. And, after Ozzfest, perhaps we can get back to work on that email thing. It kind of slid by the side on me. ;)

Hurricane Bruiser
08-16-2007, 08:05 AM
It would be pretty impressive to have a bunch of people in revolutionary era garb at any event held.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
It would be pretty impressive to have a bunch of people in revolutionary era garb at any event held.

Remember the old AXIOM - K.I.S.S.

In other words, we want 50 or 100,000 people to show up at a rally from not only the Ron Paul supporters but from gun owners and tax people and immigration people and asking them all to get in revolutionary guard is, well, to put it mildly, impossible.

princessredtights
08-16-2007, 08:27 AM
After the march,

How about "declare YOUR independence" ... an updated "Declaration of Independence" ... with the Plume pen ... several people dressed up like some of the founding fathers ... have people sign this ...

also, how about a US map that each participant marks with where we are from ... and then, we give it RP for his office ... (1st congressional and then ... presidential) ...

These events sound so great but some of them are planned with such short notice that it is hard to get a decent price on a ticket or plan for transportation.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
I just spoke to the campaign and they told me that if we get back to them with specifics about the event, then they will do their best to have the Dr. attend.
So, here's the basic idea at this point.

HUGE event - as many supporters as we can pull together

November 11, 2007 (Veterans day). That seems like a really good date.

PHILADELPHIA - also a good choice, in my opinion.

What we need

1. Someone from the Philadelphia area to find out about permits, etc...

2. A massive, and I do mean, MASSIVE, concerted effort to get the message out to every meetup group in the country as well as gun owners groups, 911 truthers, etc... etc... etc...

We need to make this HUGE. A few thousand won't cut it.

RP08
08-16-2007, 08:47 AM
If this comes together, I may just use it as an excuse to traverse the country, visit some family in the Northeast, and rally for Ron Paul in the same trip.

Depends on how much leave I have left at work.

ghemminger
08-16-2007, 08:55 AM
I just spoke to the campaign and they told me that if we get back to them with specifics about the event, then they will do their best to have the Dr. attend.
So, here's the basic idea at this point.

HUGE event - as many supporters as we can pull together

November 11, 2007 (Veterans day). That seems like a really good date.

PHILADELPHIA - also a good choice, in my opinion.

What we need

1. Someone from the Philadelphia area to find out about permits, etc...

2. A massive, and I do mean, MASSIVE, concerted effort to get the message out to every meetup group in the country as well as gun owners groups, 911 truthers, etc... etc... etc...

We need to make this HUGE. A few thousand won't cut it.

This is great...Could you put together a Formal Annoucement...That we can get to the Meetups and publish on various boards / blogs....this is how you will get preliminary oragnization and promotion for the event.....Below is the Announcement I have been using with RonPaulRadio

Major Ron Paul Support Announcement!

All-America Walk in Support of
Ron Paul’s Freedom Message

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Inspired by Kelly Halldorson, a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who walked from Dover to Concord, New Hampshire recently to raise awareness about Dr. Paul's candidacy, we announce the organization of an All-America walk to raise such awareness to the national level. Kelly’s walk got her substantial press in her state. We can get similar press coverage in our cities, states, nationally and internationally if we all take a few steps together and show our support for the Freedom Message. Let’s show the nation that:

*We are serious about supporting a candidate who stands for FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE in government!

Let’s give our candidate back some of the inspiration that he has given to us. Come on, people! We can do this! Let’s put this country on notice that the Ron Paul Revolution is HERE and EVERYWHERE. On August 26th we will gather to walk in EVERY state of the union. With signs and banners and literature and LOVE in our hearts we will spread the word of our support for FREEDOM and the return to CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT!

*Creativity and Imagination are encouraged!

Kelly's Blog

More info on this topic:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&highlight=ghemminger

George Hemminger
george4title@yahoo.com

Steven Vincent
Ron Paul Radio
Web Site: http://www.RonPaulRadio.US
Email: ronpaulradio@sbcglobal.net

Call in number: 1-866-582-9933
Listen Live: http://www.gcnlive.com/listenlive.htm

Meetup: http://www.ronpaul.meetup.com/496/
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/217494572
GCN Live: http://www.gcnlive.com/pgmsronpaul.htm
Store: http://www.cafepress.com/RonPaulRadio

micahnelson
08-16-2007, 09:02 AM
For what its worth, I wrote an updated declaration of independence a while back.

http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=57

robatsu
08-16-2007, 09:06 AM

I'm for the idea of a march, but I would take the above thought as a given. The last big anti-war rally on the mall was basically ignored by the media.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm for the idea of a march, but I would take the above thought as a given. The last big anti-war rally on the mall was basically ignored by the media.

I think we're going to go with Philadelphia. What you speak about is one of the reasons.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 09:34 AM
This is great...Could you put together a Formal Annoucement...That we can get to the Meetups and publish on various boards / blogs....this is how you will get preliminary oragnization and promotion for the event.....Below is the Announcement I have been using with RonPaulRadio

Major Ron Paul Support Announcement!

All-America Walk in Support of
Ron Paul’s Freedom Message

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Let’s give our candidate back some of the inspiration that he has given to us. Come on, people! We can do this! Let’s put this country on notice that the Ron Paul Revolution is HERE and EVERYWHERE. On August 26th we will gather to walk in EVERY state of the union. With signs and banners and literature and LOVE in our hearts we will spread the word of our support for FREEDOM and the return to CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT!

*Creativity and Imagination are encouraged!

Kelly's Blog

More info on this topic:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&highlight=ghemminger

George Hemminger
george4title@yahoo.com

Steven Vincent
Ron Paul Radio

Can we confirm a date before actually securing the permits or do we worry about that afterwards?

im_a_pepper
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah but an anti-war Rally chanting a Republican nominee's name 100,000 strong? Thats kind of newsworthy.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah but an anti-war Rally chanting a Republican nominee's name 100,000 strong? Thats kind of newsworthy.

You would think but I think we'll still go with the Philadelphia idea. A HUGE rally that marches from (point A) to the Liberty Bell, to be followed by readings of the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution as well as guest speakers - I'd like to invite Lew Rockwell plus any libertarian minded candidates who would be interested in speaking as well, of course, as an encore by the good Dr. himself.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I just sent a message to George Feeser (head of the Philadelphia meetup group) about this idea and asked him to take a look at this thread:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/25/member/4159073/

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Can we confirm a date before actually securing the permits or do we worry about that afterwards?

I think you would have to coordinate the two. Check with the office at the park to see if any of the days (Saturday, Sunday or Monday) are possible and then we can narrow it down based on what is available and the various pros and cons of the days.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I think we're going to go with Philadelphia. What you speak about is one of the reasons.

And it sounds like you need 120 days advance notice for DC. That simply wouldn't work. Maybe if he gets the nomination, next year we could consider it.

pwnsey
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I suggested this nation-wide with my Liberty march idea in Strategies for Success section..

Sematary
08-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I suggested this nation-wide with my Liberty march idea in Strategies for Success section..

Ya, but nation-wide will spread us too thin = no media attention.

gtjwkq
08-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah but an anti-war Rally chanting a Republican nominee's name 100,000 strong? Thats kind of newsworthy.Exactly, and everybody should chant some clever lines about Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12081) instead of just shouting "Ron Paul Ron Paul" over and over.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
We will need a place where people can rsvp the march/rally
Anybody know of a good site?

stljayhawk
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
First of all, I'm excited about this thread, and the thought of a HUGE rally for Dr. Paul's campaign.

Second, I know this can be done...because if any of you posting here were at the Iowa straw poll, you know that there were people there from all over the country. There is a passion among Dr. Paul's supporters that will lead a large number of them to any major gathering for Dr. Paul. A march on Washington would make an impact if we flooded the area with support..bigger than Dr. King or the Hippies ever dreamed. There literally needs to be a sea of people covering the mall in DC.

Third, organization is crucial. We need one national planning committee to coordinate the state meetup groups PLUS do the work of getting the proper permits together, booking speakers at the event, getting a stage, sound system, etc...

Then, on the state level, each state has at least one meetup group...so those groups should coordinate statewide with eachother and with other state chapters of organizations that support DR. Paul's platform. Literally get a signup list going for each state. So each state's groups know how many people are going to DC from their state. They will then report this to the national planning committee, so they will have an approximate head count. If we can only get 10,000 people to commit, then we need to re-evaluate the plan. But, if we know we are getting 100K plus, we know we need to move forward.

Finally, we have got to get the media to work FOR us. We must send out press releases to all of our local media outlets telling them how many local people from their viewing/listening/reader area are going to this event and outlining the connection to the national support for DR. Paul and his Presidential campaign. They will be looking for all kinds of stories to do during the Veteran's day weekend. If the networks are seeing a ton of stories on their local affiliates about this event, they will be more likely to bump one of those local stories up to the network level...that's how the network/local feeds work.

Just a girl with a Journalism/Public Relations degree putting in her two cents.

Any thoughts?:)

Sematary
08-16-2007, 10:15 AM
First of all, I'm excited about this thread, and the thought of a HUGE rally for Dr. Paul's campaign.

Second, I know this can be done...because if any of you posting here were at the Iowa straw poll, you know that there were people there from all over the country. There is a passion among Dr. Paul's supporters that will lead a large number of them to any major gathering for Dr. Paul. A march on Washington would make an impact if we flooded the area with support..bigger than Dr. King or the Hippies ever dreamed. There literally needs to be a sea of people covering the mall in DC.

Third, organization is crucial. We need one national planning committee to coordinate the state meetup groups PLUS do the work of getting the proper permits together, booking speakers at the event, getting a stage, sound system, etc...

Then, on the state level, each state has at least one meetup group...so those groups should coordinate statewide with eachother and with other state chapters of organizations that support DR. Paul's platform. Literally get a signup list going for each state. So each state's groups know how many people are going to DC from their state. They will then report this to the national planning committee, so they will have an approximate head count. If we can only get 10,000 people to commit, then we need to re-evaluate the plan. But, if we know we are getting 100K plus, we know we need to move forward.

Finally, we have got to get the media to work FOR us. We must send out press releases to all of our local media outlets telling them how many local people from their viewing/listening/reader area are going to this event and outlining the connection to the national support for DR. Paul and his Presidential campaign. They will be looking for all kinds of stories to do during the Veteran's day weekend. If the networks are seeing a ton of stories on their local affiliates about this event, they will be more likely to bump one of those local stories up to the network level...that's how the network/local feeds work.

Just a girl with a Journalism/Public Relations degree putting in her two cents.

Any thoughts?:)

pm me

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I know this thread is getting long, but a reminded why DC is out of the question:

As an event planner, you are required to meet with the Special Events Task Group at least 60 days prior to your proposed event. Due to the large number of events held in Washington, DC, and the District's extensive regulations that govern event planning, you should contact the Task Force at least 120 days in advance of an event. For parades, demonstrations, and other permits controlled by the Metropolitan Police Department, you can initiate this notification by completing the appropriate forms (see below) and mailing them to the MPDC's Special Operations Division. Contact the DCEMA at (202) 727-3165.

At the Task Force meeting, you will be required to produce 12 copies of your plan of action and make a presentation covering the event.

I've done a little more research about Independence Park in Philadelphia. Here's a map of the area:
http://www.nps.gov/inde/planyourvisit/upload/INDEmap1.pdf

I've never been to Philadelphia so I can't get a feeling for the space but Independence Square seems the most appropriate. From what I have read John Nixon read the Declaration of Independence from its steps on July 8, 1776 at noon for the first time. We would want to get someone dressed up in period costume to re-enact this event:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/histy/features/1700s/people/nixon_john.html

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
If we are divvying up jobs here although I am not an American historian I do have a PhD in another historical field and therefore have the research skills necessary (and access to major research library if necessary) to lead the historical research needed for this event unless someone else is more qualified than I am.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I know this thread is getting long, but a reminded why DC is out of the question:

I've done a little more research about Independence Park in Philadelphia. Here's a map of the area:
http://www.nps.gov/inde/planyourvisit/upload/INDEmap1.pdf

I've never been to Philadelphia so I can't get a feeling for the space but Independence Square seems the most appropriate. From what I have read John Nixon read the Declaration of Independence from its steps on July 8, 1776 at noon for the first time. We would want to get someone dressed up in period costume to re-enact this event:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu/histy/features/1700s/people/nixon_john.html

I'd happily put on the costume. I think Philadelphia is a great idea and even if we only get 20 or 30,000 it will still be a huge crowd.

Sematary
08-16-2007, 10:20 AM
If we are divvying up jobs here although I am not an American historian I do have a PhD in another historical field and therefore have the research skills necessary (and access to major research library if necessary) to lead the historical research needed for this event unless someone else is more qualified than I am.

I think we need our own subforum for this!!!

Sematary
08-16-2007, 10:21 AM
let's get this thing going.
How do we begin?

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 10:27 AM
The best place to start would be for you to call the park:

http://www.nps.gov/inde/special-use-permits.htm

See if this is going to be possible on those dates and what they would need.

SwordOfShannarah
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I think you've got to have someone working full time on this. That person can create the path and co-ordinate the volunteers.

I think we need to set up a webpage, start taking donations and if we get enough money we can hire someone to work on it full time. I know people will say only if you've already donated $2,300 to Ron Paul. I'm on the fence in this one exception. I think a March like this is really needed and I think Ron Paul's hands are tied for such a thing. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Can headquarters take this over and make it happen?

crhoades
08-16-2007, 10:44 AM
www.constitutioncenter.org

Constitution Day is September 17th. I emailed the campaign that they should come up with a Ron Paul - Pocket Constitution such as this one:
http://patriotshop.us/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=124

Have his face on the cover and something along the lines of we are tired of the promises the politicians make while campaining. If you vote for me, here is what you'll get. Have info on his voting record etc.

If the campaign (or any of you creative minded people) could make these up and affordable we could all meet up in Philly or at least hand out constiutions and literature all day on the 17th.

philipsantamaria
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
hopefully i'll be able to come up from Miami, FL.

my girlfriend is moving to D.C. in a week for school so now I'll have 2 excellent reasons to visit on that particular weekend.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
There is a post somewhere, I believe by Jennifer, that really needs to be made a sticky. It goes into detail about how we cannot work with HQ on things-it is against FEC rules. We can organize this thing, and invite RP to speak, but we cannot be sharing ideas with them.

danda
08-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi guys,

Once you have an official location and date (permits, etc), a web page, and an official announcement, please post it to the grassroots-announce list.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ronpaul-grassroots-announce/

I will also send it out to everyone in the Online Rally with email addys. (currently ~1400).

For the rest of ronpaul.meetup.com, you're on your own. ;-)

However, the Ron Paul people are just the tip of the iceberg if want this thing to be big. This should be about mobilizing the entire freedom movement. I think you will also want to get in touch with Downsize DC, We The People, Marijuana Policy Project, CATO, ISIL, Freedom Law School, FIJA, JBS, Norfed/Liberty Dollar and whoever else you can think of with large mailing lists. ( Libertarian and Constitution Parties? )

The key, of course will be in messaging things so that the focus is more about smaller government in general, and freedom -- and less about this campaign. But Dr. Paul would be a prominently featured speaker, and the Ron Paul Revolution will doubtless have a LOT of signs. ;-)

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Bump!

What's more important growing balls or getting Dr. Paul elected?

Sematary
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Bump!

What's more important growing balls or getting Dr. Paul elected?

Is there anything more important for our nation than getting Dr. Paul elected?

:eek:

danda
08-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Question: Has anyone actually taken responsibility for organizing this, putting ideas into motion?

Sematary
08-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Question: Has anyone actually taken responsibility for organizing this, putting ideas into motion?

That's what I'm trying to do right now.
The first thing to do is choose a location.
Everyone seems to agree that the holiday weekend is a good time.

BuddyRey
08-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm thinking sometime in November in Washington D.C. - yes, it's relatively nice there in November. Let's get as many Ron Paul supporters together as can possibly get there and ask the Dr. to come give us a speech. We could do it at the foot of the Washington monument. Not only would this be good for the morale of the troops but it would garner us much needed national exposure just a couple of months shy of the first primaries. What do you folks think? Can we pull this off?

Absolutely!!! The MSM can't possibly ignore an RP march on the capitol building (or perhaps I'm underestimating them). I'm definitely in!

slantedview
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Absolutely!!! The MSM can't possibly ignore an RP march on the capitol building (or perhaps I'm underestimating them). I'm definitely in!

You might be underestimating them, hehe., but they'll probably cover it :)

Sematary
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM

If I understand correctly, we don't have enough time to register for a DC date.

Nefertiti
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
It's going to be sweeps month-so whatever we do, we have got to give them something good to work with!

danda
08-16-2007, 04:16 PM

That's what I'm trying to do right now.

Excelllent. Thank-you!

RCA
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Sunday, October 28th, there I picked a date!

:D

pwnsey
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll be planning on in San Diego, California. I'm going to be getting a permit to do the event, but am going to need help getting people to attend. I'll make flyer's once I get a set date.

Please contact me if you have any ideas or are in the area and would like to help.

jason.jasco(at)gmail.com

(replace (at) with @)

maggiebott
08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
You picked the right city and I will be there with bells on and bring some friends.
YES!

hard@work
08-16-2007, 10:48 PM
This thought came to me while reading page 1:

"Shouldn't you guys be marching on NBCBSABCS news?"

american.swan
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
This thought came to me while reading page 1:

"Shouldn't you guys be marching on NBCBSABCS news?"

HAHAHAH good one. Not a bad idea. :)

I can imagine 10,000 angry people surrounding an office building. haha

mika813
08-16-2007, 11:26 PM
to do this too.....lead me and I will follow!!! :D

PineGroveDave
08-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I like the idea of a march. I'd buy plane tickets for my wife and I to join in on one.

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 10:42 PM
All-America Walk in Support of Ron Paul’s Freedom Message
Sunday, August 26th, 2007
9 AM
Start:
End:

PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO HELP! I am also organizing on a national level so I need help on the local level. There is lots that needs to be done, including:

-spread the word and get folks to participate in the walk
-be a supply/shuttle car
-notify the media
-organize supplies for the walk (cold drinks, signs, banners, literature, medical supplies, ect...)
-more....

On the day before his birthday, let’s give our candidate back some of the inspiration that he has given to us. Come on, people! We can do this! Let’s put this country on notice that the Ron Paul Revolution is HERE and EVERYWHERE. On August 19th we will gather to walk in EVERY state of the union. With signs and banners and literature and LOVE in our hearts we will spread the word of our support for FREEDOM and the return to CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT!

Kelly's Blog

More info on this topic:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=ghemminger <http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9940&amp;highlight=ghemminger>

George Hemminger
george4title@yahoo.com
909-835-3391

Kelly Halldorson
kelly@halldorson.com

Steven Vincent
Ron Paul Radio

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win: Gandhi

Sematary
08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow, Bryan, i can't believe you found this thread. :-)

orafi
08-14-2008, 08:02 PM

He'll be too busy drawing up plans to fix our military and financial mess in the oval office around that time :)

Sematary
08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
He'll be too busy drawing up plans to fix our military and financial mess in the oval office around that time :)

Bryan - the admin of this site - dug this up from somewhere from LAST YEAR. Look at my opening post - Aug 16, 2007
:p

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Personally I think it is too early. I think we should concentrate on filling the Target Center and having an influence (if possible) at the RNC.

I think one of the reasons the July 12th March was not so big is because people were waiting for this one.

I say, dont start talking about anything until after September 5th or so. That is only a few weeks away.

brandon
08-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Personally I think it is too early. I think we should concentrate on filling the Target Center and having an influence (if possible) at the RNC.

I think one of the reasons the July 12th March was not so big is because people were waiting for this one.

I say, dont start talking about anything until after September 5th or so. That is only a few weeks away.

Check the year of the OP. ;)

kaleidoscope eyes
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
lol
I just love the energy! too bad it was from a year ago, I can't wait until things go on the uptick again!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
08-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Check the year of the OP. ;)

Oops.

Is that why there is a ghemmiger post above me? Hehe

Danke
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Oops.

Is that why there is a ghemmiger post above me? Hehe

Not at all. We have a "March" planned for the 30th and 31st.

Please participate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=150325&highlight=smileylovesfreedom