PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Ron Paul be Talking About Iran's Refusal of the Dollar?

Geronimo
02-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Iran's oil bourse opened a week ago. Maybe it's just me, but Iran's refusal of the dollar is huge and I'm really surprised that I haven't heard Ron Paul address the issue. Has anyone seen or heard of any comments that he may have made on the subject?

Time for Change
02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Why do they HAVE to take the dollar?
They are a sovereign nation, and governed by themselves.
We cannot dictate what currency they choose...

With the way the current administration is beating the war drums...would you take the dollar?
I wouldn't either, I'd be yelling f*** Y** too!

**edit**
this post was somewhat pointed, but it was not intended as an insult or hostility toward you personally.
I was just trying to make a point.

Geronimo
02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not saying that I think Iran has to accept the dollar. I'm saying that I haven't heard Ron Paul talk about the possible repercussions of Iran's refusal of the dollar. Didn't we invade Iraq not long after they dropped the dollar for the Euro?

Redmenace
02-28-2008, 07:37 PM
The bourse is only currently selling petroleum products, not crude oil. The Iranians do plan on selling crude "at some point in the future" at the bourse. When that happens I think we will start seeing more talk about it.

Time for Change
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
One may be wise to consider the extreme power associated with the oil companies and the war mongers when making public statements.

It is proven that they will go to whatever lengths necessary to protect their cash cow.

Speaking out before circumstances provide undeniable evidence (that the general public can grasp) may be the same as playing russian roulette with 5 loaded chambers. Politically and physically.

I am obviously speculating and mildly paranoid, but I think my thinking is justified...lol

Geronimo
02-28-2008, 08:01 PM
You guys bring up some good points. Thanks for the input.

kigol
02-28-2008, 11:30 PM
wow