PDA

View Full Version : American Idol and Ron Paul.

RucdelaSpook
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I was watching American Idol the other day, and as they were showing the clips at the end of the show of all of the performers singing with their respective phone numbers at the bottom of the screen, I got to thinking: What if we, (the Ron Paul Revolution), started voting for a certain contestant? Since we're able to have so much sway during the debate polls, maybe we could seriously impact this competition. We could try to contact one of the contestants and ask them to support Ron Paul, or we could just randomly pick someone (maybe not another Sanjaya), announce to the world that we're supporting him/her, and see how far we can push them into the competition.

I think it's worth a shot.

Thoughts?

acptulsa
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Any endorsement would be edited out prior to broadcast.

Agent CSL
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
About 20,000 votes compared to millions? We'd hardly make a dent. And I don't want to to make a dent. That show needs to die a horrible forgotten death.

constitutional
02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I was watching American Idol the other day, and as they were showing the clips at the end of the show of all of the performers singing with their respective phone numbers at the bottom of the screen, I got to thinking: What if we, (the Ron Paul Revolution), started voting for a certain contestant? Since we're able to have so much sway during the debate polls, maybe we could seriously impact this competition. We could try to contact one of the contestants and ask them to support Ron Paul, or we could just randomly pick someone (maybe not another Sanjaya), announce to the world that we're supporting him/her, and see how far we can push them into the competition.

I think it's worth a shot.

Thoughts?

Psstt you just revealed a big secret that I was hoping to make use of later.

:p

Yes, you are right. If anyone of those idols endorse Paul... he/she is gold.

constitutional
02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
About 20,000 votes compared to millions? We'd hardly make a dent. And I don't want to to make a dent. That show needs to die a horrible forgotten death.

I don't watch the show but is million about how many votes come in for every poll?

WOW!

VoteForRonPaul
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
American Idol is sponsored by FOX. Though, I appreciate the idea!

RucdelaSpook
02-28-2008, 06:10 PM

I don't know, we do amazing things together when we put our minds to it...

American Idol is what I watch now, instead of CNN. It's not THAT bad...

MRoCkEd
02-28-2008, 06:17 PM
lol team up with these guys:
http://votefortheworst.com/

robert4rp08
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't watch the show but is million about how many votes come in for every poll?

WOW!

I remember reading an article a while ago. They get 30+ million votes. The article was comparing American Idol votes to Political votes. Lemme see if I can find it.