PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Patriot123
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Just curious, as I figure when and if I grow up (scared that this nation might collapse by the time I even graduate from high school) I might run into a similar situation. Anywho...

Let's say your taken aside by airport security because your on the, "do not fly" list, and are suspected to be a "terrorist." Now let's say that they throw you into a room and ask you all of these questions, and then, say... Forcefully search you, your belongings, your personal laptop, and even your clothing [b]without your permission, and they even try torturing you (hypothetical, of course) what would you do? Would you fight back? Threaten a lawsuit? What?

forsmant
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, I would be screwed. I would apply Gandhi's lesson of civil disobedience and go limp.

Patriot123
02-28-2008, 04:54 PM
//

gutteck
02-28-2008, 05:03 PM
First thing:

LEARN YOUR RIGHTS!

Once you know what your rights are:

Keep your mouth shut and don't cooperate until you have a lawyer present.

Whoever they are (airport security, police, fbi...) they have to respect the law.

DON"T SIGN ANYTHING! DON"T ADMINT TO ANYTHING! ASK FOR A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY!

Patriot123
02-28-2008, 05:55 PM
First thing:

LEARN YOUR RIGHTS!

Once you know what your rights are:

Keep your mouth shut and don't cooperate until you have a lawyer present.

Whoever they are (airport security, police, fbi...) they have to respect the law.

DON"T SIGN ANYTHING! DON"T ADMINT TO ANYTHING! ASK FOR A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY!

But the point of this topic is what if they don't respect the law, don't respect your rights, and do what has been done to many other people? Ie airport security staff sexually abusing people that they search and the like. The point of this topic is this. If they were using force against you and were, well... I don't want to say it but I think you know what sort of search I mean, would you fight back? Would you just, as the previous poster said... "I would apply Gandhi's lesson of civil disobedience and go limp." Or would you do something quite different to the contrary?

forsmant
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
They don't have to do anything. Rights are merely a passive way to assert your freedom. Your actions are a direct way to assert your freedom and in the case presented you have very little.

gutteck
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
If they were using force against you and were, well... I don't want to say it but I think you know what sort of search

If you know you are on the list don't fly.

Also when they implement the Real ID those that don't have one will have to go to the side rooms for further screening.....you know what that means.

So when the real id laws are being implemented don't fly and if you are on the list don't even take your friends to the airport.

DealzOnWheelz
02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
1st off once they label you a possible "TERRORIST" you now longer have rights

You can be stripped of your citizenship, hauled off to guantanamo, AND NEVER GET TO SEE A LAWYER

I would stab them in the neck with the pen they gave me to sign a confession and bully my way as far as I can get