PDA

View Full Version : A Ron Paul fans epiphany of his own life.

Jason726
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm at a point in my life where I have made A LOT of mistakes. I knew they were wrong while doing them, but I guess I the best word to describe myself was lost. Drugs, sex, fights, lying, just off the top of my head.

Maybe this isn't that uncommon in America these days, but, regardless, while doing these things I would think about how wrong it was. My own brain, my conscience, knew what was right, but my experience wasn't strong enough to avoid them. In my head I knew what was right, but I couldn't express it in words.

And all the while, I always felt different from the rest of my friends and peers. I was REALLY interested in history and politics at a young age(younger than 10). I had thoughts in my head, but I guess I didn't know how to act on them or talk about them. I would be the person that was always trying to break up fights, and I would be thought of as soft.

I grew up with a single mother outside of Philadelphia. She never made much money, but she did the best she could. It was not a good neighborhood.

Enough about my past.... I'm writing this because I have started to figure out what I always wanted to do with my life. I found out what makes me happy. (Besides my Girlfriend. I love you.)I am now 22 years old.

One day in September of 07', I was watching the Republican debate, and I wasn't paying much attention to it at first. I think I was on the computer at the time, but someone in the debate caught my ear. When I heard him talk it was like I was up there talking. I started to pay attention.

After the debate, I looked up this person and went to his website. I was a registerd independent that usually votes democrat because I didn't know any better. I just knew I didn't like the wars and I didn't like the deficit. Hence, Bill Clinton and his fiscal responsibility. Thats all I knew. I had never taken the time to research and look into things. But this person sparked something in my head.

I have always been a quiet person. Most people would think I was shy, but I knew that wasn't the case. I was just not interested in the things people talked about. They weren't important to me. I didn't like the meaningless conversations with every person you come across.

I always liked politics, but I never liked any politicians. That is, untill I heard this person speak. Listening to this person was like listening to my own thought being put into words. I guess this just goes to show the great public education system we have.

I'm not the most eloquent writer, so I apologize for a sloppy read, but I wanted to put this into words. In case you were wondering this person is..... (drumroll) .............. John McCain.

Just kidding. It is RON PAUL!

And I just want to thank him for what he has done for me.

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I have always been a quiet person. Most people would think I was shy, but I knew that wasn't the case. I was just not interested in the things people talked about. They weren't important to me. I didn't like the meaningless conversations with every person you come across.

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing that... I had a similar experience too, mine just happened earlier with a different person... my libertarian physics teacher. (private school ;) )

By the way, fyi- the words in quotes above and thoughts also shared and practicced by Benjamin Franklin.
He didn't believe in idle talk and wouldn't participate in them. he wouldn't even reply hello.
I guess he just wasn't interested in what they had to say... he was different.

What makes me see a bright future is the number of younger people being awoken by this movement.

phoenixzorn
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Nice... similar story for me...

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
bump

benhaskins
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
nice to meet u

sicsempertyrannis
02-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm the kind of person who doesn't talk unless I really have something to say. I'm just not good at meaningless small talk.

Ron Paul is the first candidate from a major party who has ever talked the way that I do about politics. In the previous 2 elections I voted libertarian and constitution party... because they say the things I believe in. People say I wasted a vote.... I say it's a wasted vote to vote for things you don't believe in.

Debbie Hopper
02-28-2008, 05:37 PM
If you've got a few minutes, we'd love to hear your Ron Paul story. You can post it here (http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/28/when-did-you-first-hear-about-dr-paul/#comments).

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
bump

kigol
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
:cool:

DealzOnWheelz
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Do you still live near Philly??

If so where?

I'm in montgomery county.

Are you in any of the meetup groups???

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 07:17 PM
bump

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 08:37 PM
To the OP: I think you would find a lot of us in the same boat as you. I've become to realize that some people are more intuitive than others, they can spot inconsistancies in process, and forecast an accurate interpretation of the outcome of an event as evidenced by a given set of interpretable circumstances. Others look at a situation and would describe what someone says. You may look at the same situation and ponder what those persons mean with the choice of their words, pitch, and cadence of thought.

For me: I was diagnosed as ADHD in public school, and put in special ed. Interestingly enough after a battery of tests and analysis (scoring 160 in the analytical portion of an IQ Test (http://www.geocities.com/rnseitz/Definition_of_IQ.html), on 2 seperate occassions) they realized I was no dummy. Of course, I had the same problem as you described, I often saw meaningless conversations and techniques applied to varying situations, and figured I shouldn't say anything (for fear of looking like the outcast radical thinker). I wasn't exceptionally gifted at Math or English as I failed to see the logic in a set way to express something. So I complied with the status quo and worked inside the system holding my thoughts to myself. Much like yourself I don't say much unless asked, as saying stuff has gotten me into trouble. Then I saw Dr. Paul in a debate. I will remain silent no more. The truth is being hidden, and I intend to assist bringing that truth forward.

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I think your experience is similar to many as is your disposition. If you want to check out an interesting theory, read up on indigo children. ;) Check out the definition of an indigo here: http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/indigo/#canyoutell

Brother Butch
02-28-2008, 09:13 PM
This was a great read and a wonderful thing to share with us. Thank You.

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I think your experience is similar to many as is your disposition. If you want to check out an interesting theory, read up on indigo children. ;) Check out the definition of an indigo here: http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/indigo/#canyoutell

LOL. I answered yes to everyone of them except the last question. So what does that mean?

How can you tell if you are an Indigo?
A good way to "test" yourself is to answer the following:

Are you always searching for your greater purpose in life but feel like the world isn't set up for your kind?

Do you sometimes feel wise beyond your years?

Do you have trouble conforming to the ways of society?

Do you feel out of place in today's world?

Do you perceive the world very differently than most people around you?

Do you have strong intuition about certain things that most others do not?

Do you often feel misunderstood when you try to talk to people about what's real?

Are you a truth seeker?

Do you feel like you were born to accomplish a special mission in life?

Do you feel isolated and alone in your beliefs?

Misunderstood by family?

Do you feel anti-social unless you are with people of like mind?

Are you emotionally sensitive?

Did you have a difficult childhood?

Do you often feel disempowered by too much authority?

If you can answer yes to many of these questions,
then you are most likely an Indigo.

silverhandorder
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Welcome and yes my first time getting involved in politics I am glad I met Ron Paul.

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
LOL. I answered yes to everyone of them except the last question. So what does that mean?

I don't know that it means anything huge but it seems to many that there are a lot of people today who aren't buying the same old same old, they see through the crap and want to change the world. Some theorize it's a type of spiritual evolution, an evolution that many do find in old age but instead kids are being born with now. Read up on it, google it. Everyone has to figure out his/her own path, kwim? It's a fascinating subject and there's an abundance of info. :D

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know that it means anything huge but it seems to many that there are a lot of people today who aren't buying the same old same old, they see through the crap and want to change the world. Some theorize it's a type of spiritual evolution, an evolution that many do find in old age but instead kids are being born with now. Read up on it, google it. Everyone has to figure out his/her own path, kwim? It's a fascinating subject and there's an abundance of info. :D

I like what you are thinking...

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
//

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I like what you are thinking...

:o

Thank you. I've always thought most RP folks I've met are indigo. I could write a book on it but it's really something people should figure out for themselves. And they will, no doubt. The indigos will read this thread and do just that and they will "know" just as they "knew" the first time they heard RP speak. Indigos are revolutionaries, they are spirited and will fight eternally for what is right. They will not give up nor will they sell out. They tend to have a higher moral compass and a very clearly defined definition of right v. wrong. And indigos tend to automatically bond with other indigos on a deeper level than others understand. They also tend to have anger issues. Depression is common due to being misunderstood, same with being diagnosed w/a variety of behavioral "problems" that others just don't understand. You can read words and sense the intent behind those words just as you can look at a person's face and see goodness or corruption. You take these things for granted and assume that's normal. It isn't. If you have these qualities, you are different. Others don't have them.

Now, just as we in the US will fight til the end for what we believe is right so will others. The indigos are not a US phenomenon. It's worldwide. Imagine how indigos in Iraq feel right now? I guess you don't have to imagine that hard, you are probably very empathetic to it. :( We have to do what's right and end this thing or it will never end.

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Just adding...if you're like me you wonder why others don't look at McCain and see the vile, corrupt person you see. How can someone vote for him? It's plain as day how disgusting he is. That's part of your gift, others can't help NOT seeing what you see. Took me years to figure that out...I had always assumed others just saw these things and were still making that choice. Nope. They seriously don't see the way we see. :)

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
:o

Thank you. I've always thought most RP folks I've met are indigo. I could write a book on it but it's really something people should figure out for themselves. And they will, no doubt. The indigos will read this thread and do just that and they will "know" just as they "knew" the first time they heard RP speak. Indigos are revolutionaries, they are spirited and will fight eternally for what is right. They will not give up nor will they sell out. They tend to have a higher moral compass and a very clearly defined definition of right v. wrong. And indigos tend to automatically bond with other indigos on a deeper level than others understand. They also tend to have anger issues. Depression is common due to being misunderstood, same with being diagnosed w/a variety of behavioral "problems" that others just don't understand. You can read words and sense the intent behind those words just as you can look at a person's face and see goodness or corruption. You take these things for granted and assume that's normal. It isn't. If you have these qualities, you are different. Others don't have them.

Now, just as we in the US will fight til the end for what we believe is right so will others. The indigos are not a US phenomenon. It's worldwide. Imagine how indigos in Iraq feel right now? I guess you don't have to imagine that hard, you are probably very empathetic to it. :( We have to do what's right and end this thing or it will never end.

Geez you are speaking my language. :p

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Geez you are speaking my language. :p

Then you know that posting what I just posted on any other board would get me laughed off the forum. Here? You guys are like "that makes sense". You get it. I can't believe I even said anything, I've wanted to bring it up a few times but hesitated. This thread brought it out, though. And it's another reason we will not fail- we aren't a one generation thing. Numbers keep increasing. Today's kids will be revolting, too one day. It is our job to blaze the trail for them. The indigos, imo, are the unforeseen problem the elites don't know how to deal with. I don't think they've even realized exactly what is going on. They may think it's RP. No, it is but it was also only natural we'd flock to him. Now we're connected. Once the election is over and they realize we aren't disappearing things will get interesting.

malkusm
02-28-2008, 10:45 PM
This indigo thing is really interesting, thanks for bringing it up.

I've always sort of thought that I've been a bit of an "outlier" as we say in statistics. More than anything, I find that I have a LOT of difficulty getting people to see my point of view on certain things. Ron Paul is just one in a long list of things like this.

I'm a very future-oriented person, and I always look at major decisions in my life as steps toward the end that I want to achieve. I'm not super organized, physically I'm very messy - but mentally I've always had an image of what achievement is for me and I've been very organized in planning for events years in my future. Actually that was a big reason me and my girlfriend of almost 3 years broke up....I made decisions that she got upset about because they didn't immediately benefit our relationship, and I couldn't make her see that I was thinking long-term. I have a big problem trying to make people realize the consequences of their actions.

I think that's true for all of us though - you know how you look at a neocon in the eyes and talk to them about "blowback" or "sound money," and you can just tell that they aren't following it? It's not that we're necessarily doing a bad job explaining it, I guess...it's just that they are concepts that require very future-oriented, cause-and-effect thinking, which aren't the forte of a majority of the population.

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 10:56 PM
This indigo thing is really interesting, thanks for bringing it up.

I've always sort of thought that I've been a bit of an "outlier" as we say in statistics. More than anything, I find that I have a LOT of difficulty getting people to see my point of view on certain things. Ron Paul is just one in a long list of things like this.

I'm a very future-oriented person, and I always look at major decisions in my life as steps toward the end that I want to achieve. I'm not super organized, physically I'm very messy - but mentally I've always had an image of what achievement is for me and I've been very organized in planning for events years in my future. Actually that was a big reason me and my girlfriend of almost 3 years broke up....I made decisions that she got upset about because they didn't immediately benefit our relationship, and I couldn't make her see that I was thinking long-term. I have a big problem trying to make people realize the consequences of their actions.

I think that's true for all of us though - you know how you look at a neocon in the eyes and talk to them about "blowback" or "sound money," and you can just tell that they aren't following it? It's not that we're necessarily doing a bad job explaining it, I guess...it's just that they are concepts that require very future-oriented, cause-and-effect thinking, which aren't the forte of a majority of the population.

I think this is why I gravitated to Sociology. I had many majors.. couldn't find my place... until I took sociology..
in the survey class, they covered unintended consequences in benevolent government policies... and how every type of control produce an undesirable effect proportional to the desirable.
I've earned the nickname "before thought" among some of my peers for my ability to know what is going to happen before it does....
I tell them its not divination, its cause and effect.

Did you realize that you can play the universe like a movie?
The laws of physics are so solid, the you can calculate every atom in the universe and its movement.... rewind... fast forward... every motion in space is already determined by the paths already taken...

They just published an article yesterday on space.com stating how they pinpointed the last day of the earth. its also how they know the moon came from a collision with earth... its slowly moving away... put that motion in reverse... and they can tell you when the collision occured.

Its this kind of thinking that allow for wise policy decisions. WE are the remnant. The people who will rebuild society.

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I often felt like I was living in the Matrix. I can walk into a situation, and without knowing anything, be able to see exactly whats going on. Things are simple in my mind. I always find myself pointing out the root cause of issues or processes. Others seem to think everything is complicated without realizing they are the ones that made up the 'complicated pandora's box.' They live within set rules called political correctness, and status quo. They fail to see that each person is uniquely special, and has a talent.

Malkusm - I'm the same way. I'm not very organized, but you don't have to be. I started a company recently called Vision Engaged. Although it's based off business modules the same approached is used in non business related interactions. People generally view solutions as a patch to an existing problem. I've heard 'think-outside-the-box' from every company I've worked for. None actually do it though. In order to accomplish decisive planning you have to visualize the end result. Once you have the vision you work backwards in the steps to accomplish the goal. It's very simple. It sounds like you know exactly how to break a process down to accomplish a given objective.

lol Torchbearer: I dismissed Psychology for Sociology for that same reason.

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 11:05 PM
This is becoming the coolest thread ever. :) I agree with all of you, all you are saying. Up until RP and being around likeminds the world was a frustrating place. It still is but at least now I know there are so many of us instead of the few I have met on my own path. We truly are a force and will be unstoppable. We don't "cooperate". ;)

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
This is becoming the coolest thread ever. :) I agree with all of you, all you are saying. Up until RP and being around likeminds the world was a frustrating place. It still is but at least now I know there are so many of us instead of the few I have met on my own path. We truly are a force and will be unstoppable. We don't "cooperate". ;)

I wonder how many people read this and think we are crazy lol.

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 11:11 PM
I wonder how many people read this and think we are crazy lol.

There are some, but its worth it to admit it for those others that feel a deeper sense too.

pinkmandy
02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
There are some, but its worth it to admit it for those others that feel a deeper sense too.

I agree. I think there are more feeling positive about and relating to what they are reading than there are those laughing. I remember when I started figuring it out how empowering it was. I've also gotten a few private messages. ;)

ETA: To those who realize you are indigo, be careful as you start researching and learning. There are a lot of leaches out there trying to take advantage of those on spiritual quests. There are also a lot of people out there who are all too happy to tell you what it means to be indigo and what your "destiny" is. If something seems off, listen to your instincts. Tons of "false prophets" out there from my own experiences. Being indigo isn't a religion, it's a state of being, it's who you are and NO ONE but you can figure that out. Ignore the bs you find- you'll know it when you see it. Yahoo groups have been helpful to me for tapping into resources and I immediately ignore anyone who says we are all from Planet whatever or Atlantis, lol.

malkusm
02-28-2008, 11:44 PM
The thing I find interesting is, it's very likely that we're all quite different in the interests we have, the way we live our lives, etc. We likely even think in completely different manners, but still see the same cause and effect relationships that happen.

Until I got to college I thought I was socially inept, I was a very quiet person and, though I saw a lot of things that bothered me, I never really spoke out against them. I've realized that there's nothing wrong with me socially, but rather, I just have a hard time "translating" the way I think into the way most people think, and saying what I mean in a way that it's understandable for my audience.

Anyway, this movement wasn't really a way for me to discover who I was or anything like that, but it did help me find a niche in the political world, and has gotten me interested in fitting "holding public office" into my vision for the future, even if it's 10, 20, 30 years from now...

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
just in case no one has seen it yet, the must see video for the grassroots by G. Edward Griffon. it explains the conflict we are and what we must do: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

purplechoe
02-29-2008, 03:08 AM
wow, you guys/girls must be reading my mind... :) stop it! :)

acroso
02-29-2008, 03:11 AM
My suggestion is to not take any of the politicians to seriously since you can't control what happens on such a macro scale.

Jason726
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you still live near Philly??

If so where?

I'm in montgomery county.

Are you in any of the meetup groups???

I used to live in Bensalem, but now I live in West Chester going to school and working P/T 3-9 am.

I am ashamed to say that I am not in any meetup groups. I know people don't want to hear it, but I just don't have the time or energy. I do, however, work at a place with A LOT of employees and i tell everyone I can about him(without getting in trouble). I think I have probably got him at least 20 votes from my work.

Thanks for your comments guys and gals. I don't feel like I'm all alone anymore.

Jason726
02-29-2008, 09:07 AM

Great even more information for me to look into(sarcasm). Thanks I will definitely look into this.

Is it just me, or are all of you guys overloaded with new information that fascinates you? Geesh, I'm stressing myself out trying to keep up with all this stuff.

Jason726
02-29-2008, 09:10 AM
That was a great read. Thanks for sharing that... I had a similar experience too, mine just happened earlier with a different person... my libertarian physics teacher. (private school ;) )

By the way, fyi- the words in quotes above and thoughts also shared and practicced by Benjamin Franklin.
He didn't believe in idle talk and wouldn't participate in them. he wouldn't even reply hello.
I guess he just wasn't interested in what they had to say... he was different.

What makes me see a bright future is the number of younger people being awoken by this movement.

Thank you future congressman Sanders. The Ben Franklin thing really gave me a more positive outlook on my future.

pinkmandy
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Great even more information for me to look into(sarcasm). Thanks I will definitely look into this.

Is it just me, or are all of you guys overloaded with new information that fascinates you? Geesh, I'm stressing myself out trying to keep up with all this stuff.

Not new to me. :) And don't stress- only take on what you can handle. Information doesn't go anywhere, take in what you can when you can.

RCA
03-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I just had a dream in which I was at a party/ball that was embedded with relatives that I've always felt uncomfortable around growing up. It was one of those ugly dreams where you see people doing things to impress the crowd, all in the name of alcohol and attention.

I guess the reason for my dream was I recently went to a fundraiser that was comprised of mostly rich people (I'm not one, yet), coupled with my problems growing up resisting this whole small talk practice among my family and elsewhere.

So, I remembered reading this thread two days ago and seeing posts about small talk. I was going to come on here and rant/ask questions and then I was stunned by pinkmandy's Indigo info.

Most of the posts have been like reading my life history, I'm 30. It's amazing how frustrating it can be to be gifted, skilled or intellectual. I've had issues with my family for most of my life, especially with an authoritative DAD and over-the-top small talk based family gatherings.

I've also had issues at many of my places of work. I'm continually butting heads with the powers that be at companies I've worked for. This has been mostly not because of me hindering the company in anyway, but rather "helping the company too much", which in turn creates blowback from less inept peers/superiors.

The one job that I was content with, I was only at for 2 years and that was due to downsizing. One reason I believe that I was happy there was one of my co-workers was very much like me. We came from different backgrounds, but we were very much the same.

Historically, I've at times been labeled as shy, weird, wants to be left alone, etc. Whenever I encounter someone that directly insults my beliefs (i.e. Ron Paul), I feel a rage swell inside that isn't due to insecurity, but rather too much security/confidence.

In fact, most people that think I'm shy are stunned whenever I open up. Interestingly they don't realize the reason for opening up and that it's usually because they or myself have touched on an issue that I feel is of importance or interesting. Which amazingly enough, when people seem to be shocked or impressed that I've opened up, it only builds more resentment due to the fact that they continue to not get my disposition.

Thanks to these new ideas, maybe I will have less anger and resentment to people who see me as weird, anti-social, etc. The funny thing is I've checked-off many of the items in my life that people seem to judge someone as normal (degree, good paying job, house, wife, etc.), but somehow, it doesn't seem to have much impact on people's misunderstandings.

One more piece of info. I've always either through intent or not, always been very selective of my close friends. Not to say that I've turned people away, just that I tend to not be very interested in many people enough to build a strong friendship with. Most of my close friends today all share common interests as me. Yet, my brother, who is very establishment oriented, tends to have tons of friends, yet most are not close.

Thanks again pinkmandy!