PDA

View Full Version : DFW Hannity Concert 8/14

jblosser
08-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I mentioned this in another thread but realized it should get its own, people like to hear about these things eh?

Sean Hannity's "Freedom" Concert came to DFW last night, and the local meetups were out at the traffic choke point at the entrance with signs/etc. for the 3 hours leading up to the event.

It went as well as could be expected. Lots of honking cars, way more thumbs up than thumbs down. Even most of the thumbs down were grinning at us, we just cheered louder at them. We only had a few angry faces and middle fingers. The best was a lady who did a really fake point-and-laugh at us, that cracked everyone up. Yeah, it was pretty light-hearted and positive, even with some naysayers. I would have loved to get bumper stickers to the cars that were honking but only a couple of them stopped long enough.

The cops showed up a few times, they mentioned someone must really hate Ron Paul because they kept calling to complain. The cops were nice though, they kept telling us they saw no problem as long as we didn't wave signs in front of traffic on the road or anything. One of them that looked around for a while asked if "this was some kind of campaign", so we sent him away with a slimjim.

A freelance reporter that was showing up to cover the Hannity event ended up staying by us and interviewing most of us. Hopefully he sells a story or two off of it.

We also had some guy show up who wasn't even from TX, he was in the area after being at Ames and came out.

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/1/9/d/highres_1909565.jpeg

ButchHowdy
08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
YOU are a great american!!!!

austin356
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
the cops showed up a few times, they mentioned someone must really hate Ron Paul because they kept calling to complain.

A problem fundamentally worse than Bush's Constitutional abuses.

Call the cops on Ron Paul supporters when they are doing nothing wrong?

That idea right there is the root cause of much problems. I am sickened to here Hannity supporters stooped down that low. 50 year ago they would have pulled the vehicle over and debated with you on the reasons why you were wrong. Now they call the police because they dont like your signs. The cops should track those people down and ticket them.

krott5333
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM
awesome!

billv
08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Sean Hannity was probably the one who called a bunch of times.

LizF
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
YOU are a great american!!!!

Lol...indeed! Great photo! :)

jblosser
08-21-2007, 01:45 PM
The reporter came through, not a bad article. He even only slightly butchered our quotes:

http://www.lonestaricon.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=1762&z=167

mavtek
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
The reporter came through, not a bad article. He even only slightly butchered our quotes:

http://www.lonestaricon.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=1762&z=167

I posted this with it's own thread.

That's me up there top middle to the left.

pyrazole2
08-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Even before this show of support, Dr. Paul’s campaign for the Oval Office had already become a cult classic.

Sounds like we're building support because it's the cool thing to do....Hey, whatever works!