PDA

View Full Version : Solid poll numbers out of Texas

Anti Federalist
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Some good news is in order:

Solid polling numbers from Public Policy Polling on the Ron Paul congressional race.

As of 28 February:

Ron Paul 63%

Chris Peden 30%

Undecided 7%

But yet only 18% would vote for him for president in the primary??

I have my own thoughts about that dichotomy, anybody care to offer the "conventional wisdom" explanation?

Actual poll press release and questions here:
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Texas_Release_022808.pdf

Dustancostine
02-28-2008, 03:15 PM

Solid polling numbers from Public Policy Polling on the Ron Paul congressional race.

As of 28 February:

Ron Paul 63%

Chris Peden 30%

Undecided 7%

I have my own thoughts about that dichotomy, anybody care to offer the "conventional wisdom" explanation?

Same problem that we have had since the beginning, people think that he can't win. Or in the case here in Brazos County (Not in RP's District but close) the paper ran a article headlined that RP has dropped out.

--Dustan

Michael Ingram
02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Closer than expected.

mwkaufman
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
It's pretty simple, old people either don't like or don't know about Ron Paul. The first number is age range, second number is percent of the polling group, third number is their percentage support for Ron Paul for President.

18-29 4% 29%

30-45 25% 26%

46-65 43% 17%

66-99 27% 12%

I suspect because of this Paul does better than this poll predicts in his 14th district, as I expect 18-29 turnout to be better than 4%.

Highstreet
Those are the best numbers we have seen out of a Primary state yet.

The only others he has polled that high are Caucus states.

Good to see that he will sweep his Congress seat.

I wish he would spend the weekend up here in Ohio with this good news.

slacker921
"But yet only 18% would vote for him for president in the primary??" .. ONLY? .. go here and see how huge 18% is.. http://www.pollster.com/08-TX-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

If he gets 18% in a primary state it would be huge... even if it is losing in his home state. It's still a massive achievement given how little support he gets from the GOP and the lack of coverage he gets from the media.

Highstreet
02-28-2008, 03:24 PM

As of 28 February:

Ron Paul 63%

Chris Peden 30%

Undecided 7%

What are your thoughts about the dichotomy.

acptulsa
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Ummm... District Fourteen knows he can win. District Fourteen will lose more private property to the NAFTA Superhighway than the rest of Texas will. They've actually heard of Ron Paul before the MSM blackout. Ummm...

Anti Federalist
Closer than expected.

You think so?

Actually I'm pleased myself, considering how large the "kill them damn hayrabs" contigent within the GOP is.

Which seems to be the only thing my fellow NH fools were voting on.

(AF wonders how to translate a Texas drawl in that "hayrab" statement to a New England brogue):confused::confused::confused:

Highland
Whooooo HOOOOOOOOO God Bless Ron Paul...and LONG MAY HE RUN!

Anti Federalist
02-28-2008, 03:28 PM
"But yet only 18% would vote for him for president in the primary??" .. ONLY? .. go here and see how huge 18% is.. http://www.pollster.com/08-TX-Rep-Pres-Primary.php

If he gets 18% in a primary state it would be huge... even if it is losing in his home state. It's still a massive achievement given how little support he gets from the GOP and the lack of coverage he gets from the media.

Relax slacker, 18% is better than most for sure.

I'm glad to see that, no doubt.

But it's still dead last by a long margin.:(

acptulsa
02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Relax slacker, 18% is better than most for sure.

I'm glad to see that, no doubt.

But it's still dead last by a long margin.:(

Depends on how many of those McCain idiots spend their vote trying to jack with the Democrats because the MSM said their boy already won the nomination.

malkusm
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
That 18% is NOT for the entire state of Texas, just his Congressional district. It's probably not safe to assume that value will hold across the entire state - there are probably plenty of people in, say, Abileen or El Paso who don't know who the guy is.

Banana
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
At first I thought 18% was statewide, but reading the poll, it seems to be within his CD, which I have to say I'm a bit baffled about that.

Does that mean he's just riding on incumbency for the large majority of people in his CD?

Number19
02-28-2008, 07:06 PM
From my own limited number of conversations, the constituents of Dist 14 like Dr Paul's representation in Congress, as well as just outright liking the gentleman, but they want a different set of qualities in the President. Too many don't perceive RP as being capable of working effectively with Congress to get legislation passed that addresses the many problems facing our nation. In other words, although supporting RP, they are not committed supporters of the Ron Paul Revolution.

Rasmussen interrupted my posting mid-way through. Had to answer "not sure" a lot of times because there wasn't a selection representing my libertarian position on the issues, but I was able to answer Ron Paul when it counted.

By the way, we have recent polling numbers for the Congressional race that indicate RP's support could be as high as 72%. Those 4,000 babies he delivered were right here in Brazoria County and many of these are now grown with children of their own.

GoldStan
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Thats pretty cool! Thanks for the link!

syborius
02-29-2008, 10:56 AM
good numbers still, not sure how that fraud is getting 30% without anyone knowing who he is.