PDA

View Full Version : **Help us make 17,000 phone calls to all the Texas Republican delegates**

V4Vendetta
08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Ron Paul supporters,

Please email Chuck Young at ccy@earthlink.net with your 1) First and last name 2) City and State you live in 3) your email address.
Ron Paul could WIN the Texas Republican Straw Poll in Fort Worth. But first he needs a little bit of your HELP. The #1 thing you can do right now is to help us make 17,000 phone calls within one week to all the Texas Republican delegates whose phone number we have. It is critically important that we do voter identification with these delegates to find out 1) who supports Ron Paul and 2) who is undecided. We need to do this NOW in order to get these folks to Fort Worth, possibly on buses from around the state.
Please recruit yourself and friends to help us do this job! In order to make phone calls, please email your 1) First and last Name 2) City and State you are live in and 3) Email address to Chuck Young at ccy@earthlink.net Chuck's is organizing our Ron Paul phone effort and Chuck's phone number is 512-448-7898. Also you can call Robert Morrow at 512-306-1510.
Only after you have sent Chuck your relevant info will he send you your username and password so that you can get started on the Advokit system to help us blast through these 17,000 phone numbers of Texas Republican delegates.
Here is the Advokit page: http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/ Here is the Help page for Advokit:
http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/help/ It is critically important that if you actually talk to a delegate that you hit the "Add a Task" button to record a contact.
Secondly, we are sending an alert to Ron Paul nation that we will need their campaigning help at the Texas Straw Poll, which is in Fort Worth Friday, August 31st and Saturday, Sept. 1st. We hope to have a party for Ron Paul at 8:30 PM at the Renaissance Hotel (although this has not been confirmed yet!). We will need as many Ron Paul supporters as possible in Fort Worth to 1) put Ron Paul stickers on our delegates 2) pass out push cards 3) hold up Ron Paul signs 4) campaign with delegates and 5) have a great time.
Thanks for your help. The great thing about working with Ron Paul volunteers is how passionate and dedicated they are about Dr. Paul's message of liberty and the man himself. Now let's prove it again with a big push for Ron Paul in the Texas Straw Poll. And right now we need people to make PHONE CALLS to Republican delegates. Have a great day!

Robert Morrow 512-306-1510 Austin, TX

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2007, 10:02 PM
wow looks like that program is really useful. i may get involved in this soon.

LRitz
08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Got my log-in tonight. Should be real easy....we need lots of help though. We have a lot of people to call!

V4Vendetta
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
*bump*

Lord Xar
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Have you pushed thru the meetup groups in Texas.

V4Vendetta
08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
no i haven't, i don't have a fest internet connection yet, so i can't do that right now

maggiebott
08-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I called about 500 Iowans. If diebolt is still an issue in Texas then there is no point in me calling Texans.

LRitz
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
I called about 500 Iowans. If diebolt is still an issue in Texas then there is no point in me calling Texans.

Just received this through another list....

This has been confirmed by Derek Ryan of the Texas GOP: The ballots
will be verified by hand.

What does this mean? This means no controversial Diebold machines.
Please help out and call Texas delegates voting in the straw poll by
contacting Chuck Young of Ron Paul Austin: ccy@earthlink.net

Ron Paul can definitely win this one because:

#1 - He's from Texas
#2 - No Diebold machines

For more information on the Texas Straw Poll on Sept 1:
http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Straw_Poll_Home

Thanks!

Dustancostine
08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Fair ballots and no lawsuites!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now would someone please pass this to the Vote-In-Sunshine People

:)

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Have you pushed thru the meetup groups in Texas.

The Austin Meetup group is who developed this. So, yes.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Please, everyone help on this. There are 17,000 delegates to call and we need to call every single one of them.

There are only 2 weeks until the Texas Straw Poll. PLEASE HELP.

maggiebott
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Ok, I'm in. :)

Wendi
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Awesome! I hope you don't mind if I pass this on to my meetup group. I've been trying to figure out who was actually running this since I saw the first request from another local meetup a few days ago. They never responded when I said I was interested, unfortunately *sigh.*

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
They need many more people to participate in this calling program. Please help, everyone!

We just might win this straw poll, if we all pitch in.

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 10:52 PM
RQ forwarded MU's to three islands, Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island. Hopefully some there will have more time than me here...

slantedview
08-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Just sent this out to my meetup group (sacramento) :)

maggiebott
08-18-2007, 01:50 PM
No one is sending me names to call this weekend. I volunteered to call 200 and here I am on a Saturday with free minutes and no list.

I asked midweek and sent another reminder yesterday. Anyone else having this problem? Are they inundated with volunteers?

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Maggie, what they do is send you an email with links to access Advokit. It is from there that you get access to the phone numbers.

If you haven't received this email, please call Chuck Young at 512-448-7898.

McDermit
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Has this been sent to all the meetups yet? Maybe we should do another one of those "email the meetups" threads..

Jennifer Reynolds
08-18-2007, 06:08 PM
///

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, if they are willing to go, it is my understanding that transportation will be provided. As far as the order of the numbers, this is the man who would have an answer to your question....
Chuck Young 512-448-7898

If you have any questions as you are calling these folks, you can also call Robert Morrow at 512-306-1510.

AdamT
08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
If anyone has started calling the TX delegates, I was curious how they respond to you on the phone. Being TX and all I assume the neo-con level is high? Are they nice, are they rude. I for one HATE telemarketers calling our home and feel invaded. I would like to help with the calls but I don't want to piss anyone off.

Now if someone was to call me about RP of course it would be a treat!!

LibertyEagle
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
If anyone has started calling the TX delegates, I was curious how they respond to you on the phone. Being TX and all I assume the neo-con level is high? Are they nice, are they rude. I for one HATE telemarketers calling our home and feel invaded. I would like to help with the calls but I don't want to piss anyone off.

Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. Let me try to answer your question. The vast majority of the people I've called have been very nice. I've only been hung up on once. They are really very easy calls to make.

It would be great if you would lend a hand.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Most people aren't home, and answering machines tend to be very polite. Those I did reach were mostly very nice, some will look into Ron Paul further. The only guy I got for Giuliani hung up on me. Figures. :rolleyes:

maggiebott
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I finally got my password and read all the instructions. Started to make calls and only got to leave messages. After five calls I would hit next voter only to see the same names pop up.

The Iowan lists were easy and I could knock out a hundred in no time at all. Whoever designed this program should take a look at an Iowa list.

wgadget
08-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, I, shy person that I am, took the bull by the horns and started calling today.

I stopped early though, because of the two real live people who answered the phone, BOTH OF THEM had already JUST been contacted! I had to apologize profusely, which, needless to say, was very embarrassing to me.

The other three that I called, I just got their answering machines, so it's possible that those were duplicates as well.

I emailed my "manager" about this and am awaiting an answer.

I hate making people mad in the name of Ron Paul, so I'm waiting to hear that this has been corrected.

:(

happyphilter
08-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, I, shy person that I am, took the bull by the horns and started calling today.

I stopped early though, because of the two real live people who answered the phone, BOTH OF THEM had already JUST been contacted! I had to apologize profusely, which, needless to say, was very embarrassing to me.

The other three that I called, I just got their answering machines, so it's possible that those were duplicates as well.

I emailed my "manager" about this and am awaiting an answer.

I hate making people mad in the name of Ron Paul, so I'm waiting to hear that this has been corrected.

:(

That is no good, but dont worry about it, I really doubt they could be THAT upset about it. Hope you get everything worked out!

mtmedlin
08-20-2007, 06:55 AM
I know that this isnt in direct relation to calling but are we going t ohave representatives at the war protest marchin texas. They say that nearly 5,000 people will be there.

As many as 5,000 protesters from across the nation, including parents of troops who died in war, and Iraq veterans opposed to the war, are expected to show up. A block has been set aside for protests on Main Street between Eighth and Ninth streets.

"We are calling this the American People's Poll on Iraq and the Texas Town Hall," said Alyssa Burgin, spokeswoman fro the Austin-based group Texans for Peace, which is helping organize the protest. "We want everyone to see how many people there are in the U.S. who are opposed to the course in Iraq.

"If you can just win them over to your side ... that's what we're trying to do. One citizen at a time, one officeholder at a time. ... We want to make them understand the best thing they can do to support the troops is to bring them home."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/207628.html

jmunjr
08-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Hmm why not become a delegate yourself!!

http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/becomedelegate.html

jblosser
08-20-2007, 11:26 PM
I know that this isnt in direct relation to calling but are we going t ohave representatives at the war protest marchin texas. They say that nearly 5,000 people will be there.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/207628.html

I have answered this in a few threads already but: We are working on it.

bc2208
08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
How many names have been called? What time zone is this in? I have free minutes after 9 in NY, if that means 7:00 TX time I can do it.

jb4ronpaul
08-21-2007, 09:45 PM
is help still needed?

xRedfoxx
08-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes! Please help with this!! Calls need to be made through next week!
Matt

Jennifer Reynolds
08-22-2007, 02:38 AM
///

maggiebott
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
This is day four and no spreadsheet for me to make calls. I see the thread is going nowhere just like the project.

I made calls for five hours on Sunday and thanks to a good memory I found many names were repeated. I was told I would be disconnect from the system because of scrutinizing advokit. That was fine with me and another person offered a spreadsheet which must be floating in cyberspace.

After successfully calling Iowans and knowing how easy these projects can be, I am far from impressed with this effort to win the texas straw poll.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
This is day four and no spreadsheet for me to make calls. I see the thread is going nowhere just like the project.

I made calls for five hours on Sunday and thanks to a good memory I found many names were repeated. I was told I would be disconnect from the system because of scrutinizing advokit. That was fine with me and another person offered a spreadsheet which must be floating in cyberspace.

After successfully calling Iowans and knowing how easy these projects can be, I am far from impressed with this effort to win the texas straw poll.

this is really sad ! i think you should try to reach them by phone :

Email address to Chuck Young at ccy@earthlink.net Chuck's is organizing our Ron Paul phone effort and Chuck's phone number is 512-448-7898. Also you can call Robert Morrow at 512-306-1510.

(and please tell about any progress regarding this issue)

maggiebott
08-23-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't care to speak with either of these men again. Email worked for Iowa and should have worked on this project.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 12:48 PM
give them another chance, they sure got jobs and a lot of meetup projects going and receive a lot of mail... at least i hope so ! just call them and ask what the problem is ...

maybe it would be better if these "call xxx" programs were handled by the official campaign ? the call iowa program was handled that way, wasnt it ?

jacmicwag
08-23-2007, 01:02 PM
I've been using Advokit in the Houston area and really like it. These calls to delegates are much easier (and more productive) than the cold calls to Iowa. If you get someone who is neutral to positive to RP, make sure you tell them how important it is for us to win the Straw Poll. I had two middle-of-the-roaders last night agree to attend when I gently pushed them in that direction. It also helped that they can go up on a bus and enjoy the trip with other delegates.

At first I thought Texas was a lost cause due to past Bush support. After talking with about 75 delegates, I now believe we have a chance to win. Give Chuck another chance - he is dedicated to our cause and is working hard to iron out the Advokit issues.

maxmerkel
08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
you should still contact Chuck, there really seem to be BIG problems with advokit that cause a lot of people to drop out of this program ! see maggiebott above and here : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=141399

i think the problem could be: maybe not all callers record a "contact" after the reached someone.
so advokit gives out the number again.

solution: make advokit give out a number only twice if all other numbers have already been given out before ! regardless of a successful contact or not !
(and inform the users better ;) )

LibertyEagle
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I just talked to Chuck Young.

Here has been the problem. PEOPLE ARE NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!

After a call has been made, they must indicate so IN ADVOKIT. If they do not, the software cannot simply read people's minds. You MUST make a comment.

It is critically important that if you actually talk to a delegate that you hit the "Add a Task" button to record a contact.

The other thing that sometimes occurs is that both husband and spouse are on the list. So, you may make a repeat call, do to that.

Now, is NOT the time to quit. Please keep calling.

xRedfoxx
08-23-2007, 08:53 PM
All,
I just got off the phone with these guys too. They are getting hundreds of calls and trying to deal with those and maintaining the server around their full time jobs, they are burried. Please, don't work to bring them down but work with them to make this a success. It ain't perfect, but for a volunteer group I say A+.
Matt

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Not too late to sign up. Refer to the 1st post in the thread for how.

We have THOUSANDS of delegates still yet to call. Your help is needed!!

Roxi
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
i had problems with advokit calling iowans as well, the same you describe in this thread.... one of the problems might be if there are spreadsheets floating around with numbers on it then there are obviously duplicate calls made

Now if someone was to call me about RP of course it would be a treat!!

remember bush got elected by saying some of the very things that we hear from ron paul, most people that are in the GOP are conservatives, bush was campaigning with conservative views and then learned what it was like to be paid off very soon after the inauguration and changed his tune... this is what attracted his support and this is why he now has the lowest approval rating in history. conservative republicans will be attracted to ron paul, and they will vote for him IF they believe hes a viable candidate.

I have also heard that RP is bussing delegates in...

maggiebott
08-24-2007, 10:06 PM
i'm totally confused...who were you getting your lists from? It couldn't have been the same one that I got my spreadsheets from for Iowans.

This was my contact who would send me lists and was extremely easy to work with. I never had one person tell me they recieved duplicate calls on Ron Paul.

calliowa@ronpaul2008.com

I would really like to know this information since it sounds like we are dealing with separate groups or people.
Let's solve this now....moderator?? anyone??

McDermit
08-24-2007, 11:28 PM
i'm totally confused...who were you getting your lists from? It couldn't have been the same one that I got my spreadsheets from for Iowans.

This was my contact who would send me lists and was extremely easy to work with. I never had one person tell me they recieved duplicate calls on Ron Paul.

calliowa@ronpaul2008.com

I would really like to know this information since it sounds like we are dealing with separate groups or people.
Let's solve this now....moderator?? anyone??
there were 2 seperate iowa campaigns running.. one grassroots, one official.

this texas delegate campaign is entirely grassroots.

Suzu
08-25-2007, 09:58 PM

They've been quite friendly to me. Many have never heard of RP and are very glad to hear of his views. I mean, VERY glad.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
You've got to get over the fear of pissing people off. Worst that happens is that someone raises their voice or hangs up on you. If you call 500 people, ONE might be rude. But you'll get at 2 dozen that are happy to hear from you, and another dozen that aren't really receptive but are pleasant anyway.

If you can get even one person out to vote for RP, it makes the chance of pissing someone off worth it. We NEED help with this! We can't call them all if no one helps.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Some folks are complaining about making calls to folks that have just been called...

There *was* a bug causing this to happen to a small number of people - it is now FIXED!!!

The only *OTHER* reason for this happening is user error: callers, you must
*COMPLETE* contacts. If you make a phone call, you need to either

1) Select a reason for the call failing (eg "No Answer" or "Left a Message"), and *SAVE* the attempt, or
2) Complete the questionnaire, and *RECORD* the answers.

Once you've done one of these two things, you can click on "Get Next Voter" to fetch the next person to call.

Please check the documentation if you're still unsure about this, there are pictures and very detailed descriptions:

http://ronpaulaustin.com/rptxpac/help/howto.html#callingDial

Feel free to browse the documentation - 95% of all the questions I receive have already been answered there :')

Thank you all so much for your patience and support!

Chuck Young
Austin Tech Team

It's not too late to sign up. Directions for doing so, are in the 1st post in this thread. PLEASE help us. Your calls may be the ones that help us win the Texas Straw Poll!!

Derek Johnson
08-31-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln__gYtmKfs

I hope to see some of y'all downtown 'Cowtown' Saturday morning at the straw poll. You'll have to be a corpse to not notice the RP supporters. Get out there, and get the Ron Paul name out there!

God's blessings!

BrazilLuLa
08-31-2007, 11:04 AM
You guys work your asses off to support Ron Paul. I need to step things up!

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Hmm why not become a delegate yourself!!

http://www3.webng.

That site had ERRONEOUS information. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

You can see my debate with him here:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183

edited

tiffanyras
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM

I emailed Jeff Greenspan and he said he did approve it.

What's erroneous about the site? All it says is to register to vote, vote in the primaries and contact your RP state coordinator.

edited

tiffanyras
12-18-2007, 10:59 AM

edited