PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have brandy or vodka?

max
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I just got out of a left wing chat room. Couple of psuedo-intellectuals in there telling me that although they like Ron Paul's anti-war stance, his "irresponsible ideas" for drastic tax reduction would lead to "disatrous economic imbalances" , because taxes are a key intrinsic component of our current wage and price structure.

This is the type of fecal matter that our universities are churning out. An uneducated man is bad...but a MISEDUCATED one is far worse. Once they puff themselves up with a bit of "knowledge", their prideful vanity REALLY blinds them.

I really hope I can make it through this campaign season without seriously beating the piss out of someone. I really need a drink now.

DjLoTi
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
marijuana is a much better relaxer then alcohol

not that I advocate either. lol

max
08-15-2007, 09:47 PM
good idea...... after hearing this argument, I need it

mdh
08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
marijuana is a much better relaxer then alcohol

not that I advocate either. lol

I advocate both.

ButchHowdy
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Make sure you send flowers to Jennifer tomorrow!

Matt Collins
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Don't worry about the liberals, they don't really matter.

We should be worried about the conservatives, because without their vote, RP will NEVER make it past the primaries.

And it is generally agreed upon, once he makes it past the primaries, he will win.

austin356
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Only a brainwashed or Ghouiliani mind tries to make such arguments.

Sticking to the "we help the poor, you starve the poor" argument is much more effective since nobody but their Keyensian idiots believe cutting rates and spending will hurt the economy. Most will actually concede the opposite, but still argue that what is gained is not what is lost.

noxagol
08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah a friend of mine thinks the same way. I was like, Ron Paul is great, really understands that low taxes are great for everyone. He laughed and said I was stupid for thinking that. I was dumb founded.

Akus
08-15-2007, 10:23 PM
far left and far right are equally fanatical, intolerant and ignorant. Just move on.

jmarinara
08-15-2007, 10:26 PM
far left and far right are equally fanatical, intolerant and ignorant. Just move on.

Well as a proud member of the far-right, I may be fanatical, but I am by no means ignorant or intolerant.

I just hate gays. . . . . (j/k)

angelatc
08-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Only a brainwashed or Ghouiliani mind tries to make such arguments.

Sticking to the "we help the poor, you starve the poor" argument is much more effective since nobody but their Keyensian idiots believe cutting rates and spending will hurt the economy. Most will actually concede the opposite, but still argue that what is gained is not what is lost.

Here's a question - why are they so hellbent on any radical changes to Social Security? The system simply stinks - it's basically a big ol' pyramid scam. Mention fixing it though, and whoosh....there goes any reasonable semblance of discussion.

smtwngrl
08-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Here's a question - why are they so hellbent on any radical changes to Social Security? The system simply stinks - it's basically a big ol' pyramid scam. Mention fixing it though, and whoosh....there goes any reasonable semblance of discussion.

That *is* strange. Really, when it comes to Social Security, what Ron Paul has to offer is better than anyone else. No one is going to salvage it the way it is.

Dr. Paul doesn't say he would get rid of it entirely. He would make sure that funds for Social Security are not spent on anything else--that there really is a S.S. Trust Fund. He would try to pay those who have already paid into it (though I doublt that would include the prescription drug plan), and let younger people get out of it.

Really, what does anyone else have to offer that is better?