PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Fox Business this morning

Phantom
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Another great showing by Ron Paul.

Link (http://www.foxbusiness.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=171ba998-be5c-42a6-897d-30a335222063&referralPlaylistId=1292d14d0e3afdcf0b31500afefb927 24c08f046)

ButchHowdy
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Smokin!!!

Ex Post Facto
02-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes a very good clip 6 minutes of Ron Paul...WOOT!!!

mrchubbs
02-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I put this up on YouTube for further spreading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZeNulOz9E

Enjoy.

Phantom
02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks mrchubbs http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

EvilEngineer
02-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow... good coverage and it let him show his smarts. Too bad no one watches fox business. >.<

frasu
02-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Awesome interview...

Bruno
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Another bump.

Alexis is all about what he is saying.

wfd40
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Smokin!!!

smokin?? That was the biggest bummer of an interview I've ever heard in my entire life..

Seriously, what are you on man? Dr. Paul just waxed poetic for six plus minutes on DOOMS DAY shit and you think that makes for a smokin interview? You honestly think talk like that framed in the way he presented his case rallies support from the average listener??

The man is so politically inept sometimes I honestly don't know what to say. Great interview my arse.. that interview just gave Obama 20 new votes because guess what Obama is selling: Hope.. and guess what Dr. Paul is selling.. The end of the world and no solution for it (The man couldn't even offer a way out except to say "cut spending".

Jesus...

luvthedoc08
02-28-2008, 01:59 PM
woot that was a SICK video

belian78
02-28-2008, 02:00 PM
smokin?? That was the biggest bummer of an interview I've ever heard in my entire life..

Seriously, what are you on man? Dr. Paul just waxed poetic for six plus minutes on DOOMS DAY shit and you think that makes for a smokin interview? You honestly think talk like that framed in the way he presented his case rallies support from the average listener??

The man is so politically inept sometimes I honestly don't know what to say. Great interview my arse.. that interview just gave Obama 20 new votes because guess what Obama is selling: Hope.. and guess what Dr. Paul is selling.. The end of the world and no solution for it (The man couldn't even offer a way out except to say "cut spending".

Jesus...
forgive us, all knowing one, for celbrating a politial leader that will not blow honey flavored smoke up our arses.

why are you even here? I've read your past posts and all they seem to do is verbally beat down other posters here. that, or praise Obama. who are you a supporter of?

EvilEngineer
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Jesus...

Dr. Paul doesn't have to sell anything. All he tells is the truth. Sadly the truth is an UGLY beast in this situation. But it's up to those of us who are awake to deal with the problem instead of burying our heads in the sand and praying it goes away.

luvthedoc08
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM

Jesus...

don't completely discount the fact that his expertise on the subject would draw in people as well. Not everyone is looking for hope as much as they are looking for real answers. RP isn't going to sell hope when there is almost none, i don't know why you started supporting RP but i was in love with the fact that the man would speak the truth no matter what.

Sentient Void
02-28-2008, 02:03 PM
That was definitely a great video.

If you ask me, seems like the media is starting to give him mroe and more attention. He was on Neil Cavuto about the same thing...

I think the MSM is starting to enjoy putting him on mroe because he generates viewers when he's on - and more viewers = more money.

Ahhhh... money can be a wonderful thing at times!

acptulsa
02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
An observer of the 1960 presidential race was convinced that Kennedy would get about 75% of the vote based on the enthusiasm for him--until he realized that people would stand out in the rain to hear Nixon. He realized that quiet people vote, too. As it was, Nixon actually got a slightly larger number of popular votes than Kennedy.

mrchubbs
02-28-2008, 02:04 PM
02/28/2008:
Ron Paul: "We are already in a recession."

02/28/2008:
George Bush: "I don't think we are headed to recession."

We'll see who is right.

aksmith
02-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I have to agree that Dr. Paul was absolutely correct and his answers and inability to articulate even the bare bones of a plan is exactly the reason we are not heading to Minnesota to nominate him for President.

He is as tone deaf as . . . . . someone who is tone deaf. It's not enough to be smart or to be correct in the diagnosis. For a doctor, the man is pretty absent any therapeutic plan. Yes, cutting spending is fine. But he needs to do that four point plan or six point plan and shove it in there anytime someone gets him talking about the economy. Here he has a news person who completely agrees with him and yet he cannot close the deal with the viewers. Sickening. And I am a big supporter.

WRITER YOUR DARN ECONOMIC PLAN ON AN INDEX CARD AND INSERT IT IN EVERY STINKING INTERVIEW YOU EVER DO!

We can criticize McCain all we want to, but at least he's stupid and realizes it so that he stays on message. How many times has he said "radical Islamic fundamentalism"? About a zillion. He is trying to scare people and bring them to his view of the war. Dr. Paul is trying to tell the truth, scare people, then leave them dangling over the abyss.

Bruno
02-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Agree with all above.

Plus, it was the perfect message for his audience - Fox Business. The exchange floor broke out in applause yesterday when he spoke to Bernanke. They want some to paint the correct picture so we all don't end up reliving 1929.

Beck seems also to find an audience with a more realistic discussion of the economy (though shameful he of course neglects Paul's position yesterday)
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/28/beck.commentary/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

amy31416
02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
That woman was great, she knew her stuff. Great video.

amy31416
02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I have to agree that Dr. Paul was absolutely correct and his answers and inability to articulate even the bare bones of a plan is exactly the reason we are not heading to Minnesota to nominate him for President.

He is as tone deaf as . . . . . someone who is tone deaf. It's not enough to be smart or to be correct in the diagnosis. For a doctor, the man is pretty absent any therapeutic plan. Yes, cutting spending is fine. But he needs to do that four point plan or six point plan and shove it in there anytime someone gets him talking about the economy. Here he has a news person who completely agrees with him and yet he cannot close the deal with the viewers. Sickening. And I am a big supporter.

WRITER YOUR DARN ECONOMIC PLAN ON AN INDEX CARD AND INSERT IT IN EVERY STINKING INTERVIEW YOU EVER DO!

While I think you're a little harsh here, I don't think that's a bad suggestion. He really does need to advertise his actual economic plan.

pacelli
02-28-2008, 02:18 PM
The man is so politically inept sometimes I honestly don't know what to say. Great interview my arse.. that interview just gave Obama 20 new votes because guess what Obama is selling: Hope.. and guess what Dr. Paul is selling.. The end of the world and no solution for it

After 1000+ posts, you have finally revealed the source of your consistent and chronic negativity toward Ron Paul as well as the Grassroots.

Constitution Supporter
02-28-2008, 02:18 PM
What!? They let RP on Fox!?! There goes that person's job.
Seriously though, I thought it was pretty good.
Oh btw RP does have a economic plan http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/163/ron-paul-unveils-a-real-economic-stimulus-plan/
Here is a more detailed one http://www.ronpaul2008.com/Prosperity

Paulitician
02-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Jesus...
:D your kind is pathetic.

Obama may be "selling hope," but I ain't buying it (http://www.democracynow.org/2008/2/28/jeremy_scahill_despite_anti_war_rhetoric).

amy31416
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
:D your kind is pathetic.

Obama may be "selling hope," but I ain't buying it (http://www.democracynow.org/2008/2/28/jeremy_scahill_despite_anti_war_rhetoric).

His "hope" product is a bit too expensive for my tastes, and lacks in quality and substance.

acptulsa
02-28-2008, 02:44 PM
02/28/2008:
Ron Paul: "We are already in a recession."

02/28/2008:
George Bush: "I don't think we are headed to recession."

We'll see who is right.

Both of them are right. When you are in the eye of a hurricaine, any direction you are facing is heading out of it.

As for wfd40, I think he is what Airborne once described as a "sleeper cell troll". Bunch of those revealing themselves lately.

ItsTime
02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I am proud of this revolution. Do you think Ron Paul would get 6 mins if it were not for OUR Revolution!! Keep it up... this is a good reminder.

swifty_s
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I put this up on YouTube for further spreading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZeNulOz9E

Enjoy.

Five stars *****
Favorited
Commented

And I agree with earlier posts, that when in situations like this he should grasp the opportunity to talk about his own economic plan, after all some people won't realise that he knows whats wrong because he more than most understands the cause and has a stimulus package ready to go.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/prosperity

DealzOnWheelz
02-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Jesus...

YOUR OBVIOUSLY RETARDED THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT IS TO CUT SPENDING

HOPE DOESN'T FIX ANYTHING and OBAMA AIN'T GETTING 20 MORE SUPPORTERS BY SAYING LETS GET RID OF BUSH"S TAX CUTS

Rangeley
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
It was a pretty good interview. The ones on that channel have all been pretty impressive, especially compared to other channels.

xflashjr
02-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Holy sheet,

That was by far the best intrview I have ever seen in MSN of DR paul.

0zzy
02-28-2008, 03:22 PM
You guys are whiney, as always. Cry cry cry. You should realize he isn't going to be president, it doesnt matter any more.

iznourbaby
02-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Great interview. The truth is what I`m interested in, and the truth is what RP delivers. Did you hear how many times Bernanke used the word "hope" or "hopefully" in his testimony? I would rather hear a sound plan like getting rid of the fed and returning to a hard currency.

shane2
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
FANTASTIC INTERVIEW!

One of his very best on the monetary and economic issue.

People are groping for the truth and an honest assessment and he just gave it!

What has always set apart RP in the debates, even as lame an orator as he comes across compared to the polished slick politicians, is the guy says what he actually truly believes and has lived and that is such a strong and refreshing contrast when compared to all the other finger-in-the-air pandering politicians.

He's like the watchman on the wall, or the Paul Revere sounding the warning when most would prefer not to be awoken out of their sound sheeple sleep.

He likely won't win against the vested interests, we all know that, but he is inoculating tens of thousands to never again accept anything less than a full embrace of the Constitution and honest money.

When it does come time to take this country back, we'll have thousands more fellow Patriots standing shoulder-to-shoulder with us then because of him and this historic campaign having awakened them!

- Shane

PS - The monumental mess this country is in today did not all happen in one election cycle and won't be reversed in one either.

speciallyblend
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
pretty good

newbitech
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I haven't read one comment on here that really faces the reality IMO.

This is the way I see it. Dr. Paul knows that we are about to be invaded by aliens. So does everyone else in government/power elite. Dr. Paul is the only voice who is out there casting the warning for the rest of us. Some of us have heard it. FACT, aliens are going to invade and each individual needs to know so that they can start preparing their families to survive the death ray.

The doom and gloom is here folks. Now replace scary aliens with the world economy and replace the death ray with frozen production.

Its not about if we are in a recession or if our economy is grinding to a halt. The only person in government who understands that it is better for the people to panic now and be prepared to survive rather than be happy go lucky for a little while longer and then get wiped out is Dr. Paul.

Its over folks. Start learning how to grow your own food. Start learning how to live without the internet. Start meeting your people who are within a half a days walk. The Global Market is about to become EXTREMELY localized.

Stock up and for love of America, make sure you can defend that stock from looters, pillagers, and people who aren't going to be prepared!

amonasro
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
"I think we're in uncharted territory to tell you the truth. I don' think we've ever seen a situation like this where the world has been engulfed in fiat currency."

Chilling words.

newbitech
02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
"I think we're in uncharted territory to tell you the truth. I don' think we've ever seen a situation like this where the world has been engulfed in fiat currency."

Chilling words.

it is very tempting in mind to put a positive spin on that first sentence and completely ignore the second.

BUT

if there is one thing this movement has done for me personally is to help me sharpen my eyes and ears. The scope of what Dr. Paul is talking about is enormous and he is absolutely correct. The fed didn't want to mention stagflation or recession, but Dr. Paul has moved on and is now talking about preparing for an inflationary depression. THAT sounds wicked. The debt + loss of productive jobs + stagflation = World Wide Inflationary Depression.

**shiver**

hyoomen
02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I absolutely agree with the analysis that Congressman Paul could have done a better job of stumping for his solutions and implore individuals to research for themselves the detrimental aspects of fiat currency and our inflationary economy. I think it is especially effective when he references Hayek and other Austrian economists (as he has done before).

One of the other things I've been wondering about lately is if there are specifc references to make to examples of failed fiat currencies in the past. I've heard him reference the fall of great nations because of fiat empires, but throw out some specific figures and facts that are analogous to our current situation.

(Most) People don't follow his long mind-mapping of the economic dereliction of our country, but examples that are already common knowledge or are more easily referred to have the potential to win minds.

Like it or not, if we want to change people's minds we have to first tune into them -- and this is coming from a poster who is regularly chastised for obtuse verbiage.

newbitech
02-28-2008, 04:51 PM
I absolutely agree with the analysis that Congressman Paul could have done a better job of stumping for his solutions and implore individuals to research for themselves the detrimental aspects of fiat currency and our inflationary economy. I think it is especially effective when he references Hayek and other Austrian economists (as he has done before).

One of the other things I've been wondering about lately is if there are specifc references to make to examples of failed fiat currencies in the past. I've heard him reference the fall of great nations because of fiat empires, but throw out some specific figures and facts that are analogous to our current situation.

(Most) People don't follow his long mind-mapping of the economic dereliction of our country, but examples that are already common knowledge or are more easily referred to have the potential to win minds.

Like it or not, if we want to change people's minds we have to first tune into them -- and this is coming from a poster who is regularly chastised for obtuse verbiage.

American's with this question need look no further than their own back yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_dollar

The painful experience of the runaway inflation and collapse of the Continental dollar prompted the delegates to the Constitutional Convention to include the gold and silver clause into the United States Constitution, which empowered the Federal Government to coin money, and prohibited fiat currency.

I guess we live in some alt universe.

Here are some other more recent examples.

Nicaragua
Peru
Brazil
Columbia
Argentina

Some history, just search <country name> inflation history and you will see it is all tied to fiat money and currency debasing. Its not news, its a secret that the bankers don't want you to know. The ignorance comes with time and a concerted effort to not share this information with youngsters who grow up their entire lives thinking that paper money is the rule rather than the exception.

Germany
Czechoslovakia
Spain
United Kingdom
Ireland
France

Fact is history has taught us that every economy with fiat currency has folded in on itself. Some govts dealt with it better than others.

LEK
02-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Excellent.
She's also a class act...bright woman.

peters
02-28-2008, 05:05 PM
A journalist asked solid questions, and her guest, a politician, answered them with all honesty. You don't see that too often.

Here is a link to the blog of Alexis Glick, and the interview - we shouldn't express the respect only on YouTube, but also on the place where it came from. Let them know serious reporting attracts interest:
http://glickreport.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2008/02/28/ron-pauls-inflationary-recession/

She says: "I urge you to take a look at what the Congressman had to say."

Carole
02-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Very good. And the lady interviewing was so straightforward and Dr. Paul perfectly segued into her line of questioning.

Carole
02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Dr. Paul always tells it like it is.

hyoomen
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
American's with this question need look no further than their own back yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_dollar

I guess we live in some alt universe.

Here are some other more recent examples.

Nicaragua
Peru
Brazil
Columbia
Argentina

Some history, just search <country name> inflation history and you will see it is all tied to fiat money and currency debasing. Its not news, its a secret that the bankers don't want you to know. The ignorance comes with time and a concerted effort to not share this information with youngsters who grow up their entire lives thinking that paper money is the rule rather than the exception.

Germany
Czechoslovakia
Spain
United Kingdom
Ireland
France

Fact is history has taught us that every economy with fiat currency has folded in on itself. Some govts dealt with it better than others.

Word. Great information.

Not to hijack the thread, but some other preliminary information I found in searches includes:
-http://www.nesara.us/dec02/December_18__2002_-_Swiss_Banker_Tells_How_Gold-Backed_Currency_Hinders_Wars.htm
-numerous references to Islamic gold dinar as a potential USD destabilizing currency
-numerous references to the Chinese developing a gold-backed currency as a potential USD destabilizing currency
-wikipedia mentions: "It is specifically against IMF regulations to base any currency against gold for all IMF member states."
-"Greenspan famously argued the case for returning to a gold standard in his 1966 paper "Gold and Economic Freedom", in which he described supporters of fiat currencies as "welfare statists" hell-bent on using monetary printing presses to finance deficit spending. He has argued that the fiat money system of today has retained the favorable properties of the gold standard because central bankers have pursued monetary policy as if a gold standard were still in place."

It seems that the next step in progressing the argument against fiat currency is in detailing examples of successful gold-back (or other commodity-backed) currencies in the contemporary political arena. There doesn't seem to be any modern example, as the notion of central banking and fiat currency has dominated the world (seemingly as a result of US foreign intervention).

If only we had a positive to argue with instead of tons of negatives to argue against.

RSLudlum
02-28-2008, 06:45 PM
bumpflation

Feelgood
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
RP is a God in his own right. You gotta love this man.

Cowlesy
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Another great showing by Ron Paul.

Link (http://www.foxbusiness.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=171ba998-be5c-42a6-897d-30a335222063&referralPlaylistId=1292d14d0e3afdcf0b31500afefb927 24c08f046)

*sigh*--- Alexis Glick, love that lady...you'd never think for a second by looking at her that she has 3 kids!

(sorry, off-topic post)