PDA

View Full Version : Iran War Coming?

JPFromTally
08-15-2007, 08:48 PM
For the last two years I've been hearing Justin Raimondo (antiwar.com) and others warn of an impending war with Iran. I thought they were being chicken-littles. Now I'm not so sure:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/14/AR2007081401662_pf.html

The United States has decided to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's 125,000-strong elite military branch, as a "specially designated global terrorist," according to U.S. officials, a move that allows Washington to target the group's business operations and finances.

It authorizes the United States to identify individuals, businesses, charities and extremist groups engaged in terrorist activities. The Revolutionary Guard would be the first national military branch included on the list, U.S. officials said -- a highly unusual move because it is part of a government, rather than a typical non-state terrorist organization.

According to Wikipedia "The force's main role is in national security, responsible for internal and border security."

This is a big move! A fierce skirmish between US and the now terrorists on the border that results in 50-100 casualties will be a huge incident.

Also:

- Why did Rove leave now instead of sticking around for two more?
- Bush is coming to lame duck status - is it now or never?

DXDoug
08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
personally if we goto war with Iran, i wont stand for it no more.

White House "Raid"

Il die for the freedom this country was built on!

ButchHowdy
08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Terrorist = you don't agree with US

DXDoug
08-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Terrorist = you don't agree with US

Exactly :D

Dustancostine
08-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I guess I'm a terrorist. You too Doug.

Thom1776
08-15-2007, 09:10 PM
It is a little drafty in here, eh?

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I have been concerned the last few months we may not get to the election. With this recent step I am more worried then ever. If they do declare the Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps as Terrorists Bushy can do what ever he see fit (Congress already allowed him carte Blanche on the "war on terror') We must not sit and watch this happen. We must act now before we cannot act at all.

rg123
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
This does not come as a surprise you can see it coming we been violating international law with 3 ships off the coast of Iran and all the EO orders coming down the pike in the last 2 weeks a National Emergency was declared in one of them. Its starting to look like some scary days are ahead. These Neocons are setting everything up and congress is letting him do it because a) their either in on it. or b) He has too much power with the directive and their scared. You know there has to be massive blackmailing going on behind closed doors. Bush has total control of everything. The congress, the net, our e-mail, satellites watching our every move, cameras at intersections, everyone in the adminstration is above the law and the funny thing is most people don't have a clue.

aravoth
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I dare them to start the draft.

derdy
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
War with Iran is more of a question of when, not if. The administration has been talking abuot this for a long time and so are the potential presidential candidates in 08. It's in Israel's best interest (at least the Zionist's best interest) so therefore it's in America's best interest.

Why else would Bush send Patriot missle batteries to Baghdad? There has also been a steady drumbeat in the media of everything that is going wrong in Iraq is because of Iran. One of the most absurd stories the AP reported and was posted on msnbc was that a US general in Iraq says that the insurgents are getting better at targeting the Green Zone because of Iraniain training! Yes, yes, that must be it. I mean, how could anyone get better at hitting a stationary target the size of the Vatican over the course of four years without help from a country you've been chomping at the bit to bomb?! :cool:

Kurt Nimmo always has great perspective on this...
http://kurtnimmo.com/?p=951

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, I also think the war with Iran is coming on quickly. Like you all have said, it suddenly seems that all the terrorist problems are now coming out of Iran. Several days ago, I saw some "expert" who said that Bush will attack before the election because he is afraid the Dems will take the White House and he does not want Iranian progress to go unchecked for the next several years....

I have to say that for quite some time I have been saying we will not have a presidential election in 2008. I think something will happen to give Bush an opportunity to implement some of his presidential directives.....

Only hope I am wrong.............

aravoth
08-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah, it's coming. no doubt. And it will cause our dollar to hit rock bottom, it will reduce us all to squaler. I swear sometimes I think that is the whole plan. Hey! My video is on the bottom of this page!

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Yeah, it's coming. no doubt. And it will cause our dollar to hit rock bottom, it will reduce us all to squaler. I swear sometimes I think that is the whole plan. Hey! My video is on the bottom of this page!

It is the plan -- destroy the US so that the New World Order/North American Union can be implemented without resistence. Globalists know their only resistence is the American people, so get us out of the way .............

amonasro
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Seriously guys... you're scaring me, I can only hope you're wrong. maybe just a little bit wrong?? heheh... heh..

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
PS I LOVE your video! Very inspiring!!

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I HOPE I am a LOT wrong! But I have followed this stuff for years and I don't think I am.

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
........ Might I add

The only thing that has, and is giving me hope is Ron Paul. That is why I am so passionate about his campaign.

He can save us and America!

max
08-15-2007, 09:52 PM
The most influential lobby in America (Israel lobby) combined with MILLIONS of wacked out Christian-Zionists. Must see video. American preacher fanatic John Haggee speaks before AIPAC convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7p7o4f4Asg

austin356
08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Hell I am not even sure the Neocons are going to buy this one. A war starting off with 20% support? Hahaha, only a fool would try that. (I am not saying they will not).

Will the Bush admin actually do it?

I know they want to soo soo bad; Everyone of them wants to.

But the President does not want to be looked upon in the History books as the worst president in the history of America. That might be some type of leash.

dsentell
08-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Legacy:

George W. Bush -- Father of the North American Union

Also, carried out his father's dream of a "New World Order"

Kregener
08-15-2007, 10:01 PM
War with Iran was a given from the first time it mentioned.

War takes the people's minds off of TOTAL FINANCIAL COLLAPSE, and the annoying hordes of half-starved crazies roaming the streets.

amonasro
08-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Well then, they guys over at Hannity.com are gonna have to split their "America at War" forum.

America at War with Iraq

America at War with Iran

1000-points-of-fright
08-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I think this video gives a pretty good indication of Bush's motivation. It's a speech by Michael Weinstein about the Evangelical Dominionist Christian take over of the military.

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8493&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No

propanes
08-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum offered a warning over his former colleagues' increasing lack of resolve on the war:

“Between now and November, a lot of things are going to happen, and I believe that by this time next year, the American public’s going to have a very different view of this war, and it will be because, I think, of some unfortunate events, that like we’re seeing unfold in the UK”

That was in July. What is he predicting to happen?

interview: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1862415/posts

BarryDonegan
08-15-2007, 10:44 PM
this isn't the first time this happened. look at the recently elected party in palestine. we labelled them terrorists too when they were nationally elected democratically.

either way, this is terrible super bad stuff.

Wyurm
08-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Seriously guys... you're scaring me, I can only hope you're wrong. maybe just a little bit wrong?? heheh... heh..

I'm sorry, but they aren't wrong. Between the highly influential people like John Hagee pushing for a nuking of Iran to fulfill Bible prophecy and the lack of love for the U.S. dollar in Iran:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CLA410A.html
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/GH26Dj01.html
http://www.energybulletin.net/12125.html

Psycho Armageddonists:
http://www.iraqwar.org/ArmageddonUpdates.htm
http://www.alternet.org/story/39748/

I'm sure there's alot of other reasons too, it just gets me down the more I look into it. Like Ron Paul says, and he is definitely right, all the really bad things happening to us right now are a direct result of our government not following the Constitution.

Sematary
08-15-2007, 10:58 PM
For the last two years I've been hearing Justin Raimondo (antiwar.com) and others warn of an impending war with Iran. I thought they were being chicken-littles. Now I'm not so sure:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/14/AR2007081401662_pf.html

The United States has decided to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's 125,000-strong elite military branch, as a "specially designated global terrorist," according to U.S. officials, a move that allows Washington to target the group's business operations and finances.

It authorizes the United States to identify individuals, businesses, charities and extremist groups engaged in terrorist activities. The Revolutionary Guard would be the first national military branch included on the list, U.S. officials said -- a highly unusual move because it is part of a government, rather than a typical non-state terrorist organization.

According to Wikipedia "The force's main role is in national security, responsible for internal and border security."

This is a big move! A fierce skirmish between US and the now terrorists on the border that results in 50-100 casualties will be a huge incident.

Also:

- Why did Rove leave now instead of sticking around for two more?
- Bush is coming to lame duck status - is it now or never?

Of course a war with Iran is coming - Why? Because our CIC is a moron and doesn't realize that we will have to re-institute the draft to fight another war.

noxagol
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Technically, the draft is unconstitutional.

Amendment 13, Section 1
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

A draft is an involuntary servitude to the military, therefore it is unconstitutional.

fj45lvr
08-15-2007, 11:03 PM
When are the American patriots going to stand up as a militia and revolt?? It is our DUTY to cast these bums aside to institute that for our own security and well being...I cannot fathom how these idiots think that "pre-emptive" war with folks who already distrust us is going to instill "security" (kids learn you don't throw rocks at yellowjacket nests).

I'm ready to march when the trumpet sounds...we just need masses to rise up and forcibly take it away (I think it was Jefferson that stated revolution was a good thing ever decade or so!!! (love to know source of the quote if anyone knows).

Constitutional convention time.

AMack
08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I have three theories...

1. We're going to follow a pattern very similar to that of Vietnam. We'll use some kind of justification to go into Iran, which will lead the gov't to call up the draft. We'll go into Iraq/Iran, do a poor job of occupying the two nations, and give up 10 years from now, after we've destroyed the value of our dollar and sent our economy into financial collapse.

2. The financial collapse will occur before we go into Iran, and we'll pull out of Iraq 5-6 years from now.

3. We elect Ron Paul, our foreign policy rapidly changes, we begin pulling out of Iraq, secure our borders, and focus internally on our prosperity through free trade and the liberation of the market.

It all depends on the market. In the past week, it has already dropped over 800 points, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were about to enter a severe recession/depression. If we are about to hit some really hard times, it bodes well for Ron Paul, although we'll have to cope with the disaster brought on by decades of failed economic policy. Even if Ron gets into office, he won't be able to immediately save us if the recession is well underway. I just hope that there isn't a draft, because I'd rather not have to go over to that hellhole known as Iraq.

Hook
08-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Just go to Canada. They think the war is stupid, so you can probably get political asylum there.

Kregener
08-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Don't run, you will just die tired and be far away.

Hook
08-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Eh?

Ron Paul Fan
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure anything will happen. The military isn't in good shape right now and another war with Iran wouldn't be wise. Instituting the draft again would be a disaster with the American public. Bush and Congress are not well liked right now and people might be less willing to go along with what they say considering the entire Iraq debacle. The current political climate doesn't really support another war right now. Of course some sort of attack that is induced or blamed on Iran would definitely change the climate towards one of supporting revenge. I wish the public would wake up and see that the War on Terror is a big joke. If Iran's army can be labled as a terrorist, then anyone the U.S. doesn't like could be labled as such and thus the War on Terror can never end or be won until all of these people are dead. Hopefully nothing will happen and this is some kind of attempt to scare the American people. Not that that's ok, but certainly better than another war.

fj45lvr
08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
If Israel was willing to take out Iraqs attempt I would assume that they are planning to do it again (unless they have us blackmailed to do it for them)....this would entail a bombing or other attack on their nuclear facility(s)...I would think that the probability for this would be High in comparison to all out "war" which would be low...

I suggest everyone buy a geo metro while you can find em cheap in either case.

Hook
08-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Well, William Krystol and Cheney are hell-bent on getting us to attack Iran. Whether they have the influence to make it happen now is anyones guess. My gut feeling is that we will keep ratcheting up pressure on Iran by putting more of our battleships right off the coast of Iran. I'm sure the hope is that either Iran will finally decide that they have no choice and attack first, or a gulf of tolken event will be engineered. Either way the neocons will have the excuse and public backing they need.
Time will tell.

Roxi
08-16-2007, 12:36 AM

actually that video (what we choose to ignore) was THE video that scared me shitless enough to take action... I didn't believe it at first, and researched it looked all the EO's up on the official websites and sunk my head. Ive been fighting my ass off ever since... so ya thanks for that

DXDoug
08-16-2007, 06:44 AM
When are the American patriots going to stand up as a militia and revolt?? It is our DUTY to cast these bums aside to institute that for our own security and well being...I cannot fathom how these idiots think that "pre-emptive" war with folks who already distrust us is going to instill "security" (kids learn you don't throw rocks at yellowjacket nests).

I'm ready to march when the trumpet sounds...we just need masses to rise up and forcibly take it away (I think it was Jefferson that stated revolution was a good thing ever decade or so!!! (love to know source of the quote if anyone knows).

May i be a Flag bearer kinda like in The Patriot at the white house.
Thought that would be cool tons of americans w/ american flags surrounding and taking back the capital for the american people
:D

have the crowd be shouting FreeDom! :eek: That'll scare them out of office!

BenIsForRon
08-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Right now, a draft would not work, too many skeptical Americans. But the government will probably try to stage another massive terror attack to get us scared and angry enough to accept a draft.

For those of you that think I'm just being a conspiracy theorist, just wait till the next attack and watch how the government blames it on Iran the next week.

Daveforliberty
08-16-2007, 08:51 AM
To me there seems to be a contradiction at play here. On one hand, the Bush administration wants to attack Iran to bring about Armageddon, end of the current world system system and usher in the reign of Christ on earth.

On the other hand, the U.S. wants to attack Iran to continue petrodollar hegemony and global domination, with corporatism ruling supreme.

These two scenarios appear to be mutually exclusive. Even the wingiest wingnut wouldn't think that the rule of Christ on earth = corporatism. So I am thinking the fundamentallists are simply being used. Any "alliance" with the Christian far-right is an illusion for expediency's sake, and as soon as the corporatists get what they want, they are done with the fundamentalists, and Hagee and co. are the first to the gas chamber.

bygone
08-17-2007, 04:30 AM
If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else
flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.
--Deep Thoughts Jack Handy

Nefertiti
08-17-2007, 04:34 AM
I'm leading a tour to Egypt in January. A South African who had been planning on taking my tour told me yesterday she wasn't going to be able to make it. Apparently South Africa has good relations with Iran and she has a chance to go on a tour to Iran in March and she wants to take advantage of that opportunity while it is still available.

derdy
08-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Don't run, you will just die tired and be far away.

Concurred. If and when they come for me via the draft I will be heavily armed and ready to fight. Fuck fleeing. Fleeing is the only reason the draft has persisted.:D

escapinggreatly
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Going to war with Iran would be the single greatest mistake in American history, and the best way to unite violent anti-American forces for decades to come.

devil21
08-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Here's a good example of how you start anti-Iran sentiment. "One official"?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_re_mi_ea/turkey_hijacked_plane

ETA: I guess Yahoo only reports the important stuff at 5:42am on a saturday morning. I see a trend.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070818/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_u_s;_ylt=AuXxKuEgQZvYDfdR8DhSPrcUewgF

ETA2: Both stories have changed! Huge paragraphs removed in a matter of minutes?!?!

comic_man
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Iran has 10% of the world's oil reserves... that why they want to invade Iran...

This explains the current white house mood on Iran....
http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/

raiha
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
The timing is interesting is it not?

1. Speedboats drive at full tilt towards US warships that had no right to be there even if they were in International waters. Phoney scary voice warning the Captain. Nothing happens! This proves to the world how restrained the US navy is.

2. Bush goes to the Middle East and in a talk with Netanyahu says he would be open to using nuclear weapons on Iran. (you won't need a draft if he uses his 'usable' (coff) nukes.))

3. He just pledged a $20 billion arms deal with Israel and $30 billion with the Saudis (sorry i might have got these figures muddled the...it could be $30 billion all up for the Middle East.)

4. Israel tests a brand new missile launcher capable of carrying a nucelar warhead.

5. I'm picking Israel will launch the nuke but as we know America is Israel's bitch!

I think you all need to exchange names and addresses. Can i be on it? I will send you food parcels.

comic_man
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Iran has 10% of the world's oil reserves... that why they want to invade Iran...

The following explains the current white house mood on Iran....
http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/

InLoveWithRon
01-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Why don't a couple million of US just storm the White house one day and occupy it (and the grounds) ? What could a couple sharpshooters on the roof do with that?? Let's Coup D'etat our own government.. They are useless without people.. WE ARE THE PEOPLE dammit , and we should organize ourselves to storm the white house and show the world that americans do love the world and not only ourselves (like they think).. We will forever be looked upon as heroes in history.. Because at this point, I really don't care if I get shot by one of those sharpshooters.. I'm "all in" buddy !! They will make movies about us till the end of time.. lol

Maybe that will get the attention of the other people/citizens.. Then the media would want to interview us and the people can understand what is really going on.. Maybe we can wake up the sheep afterall..

We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.. Let's STORM THE GATES !!! Organize the revolt !!! I'm In !!

Sey.Naci
01-18-2008, 06:39 PM

It authorizes the United States to identify individuals, businesses, charities and extremist groups engaged in terrorist activities. The Revolutionary Guard would be the first national military branch included on the list, U.S. officials said -- a highly unusual move because it is part of a government, rather than a typical non-state terrorist organization.Great. Won't be long before they put Canada's RCMP on the terrorist list. :(

Bet Bushie is just dyin' to cancel this election!