PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santelli is my new Hero!!!

Join The Paul Side
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
This link shows a quick snap of CNBC's Rick Santelli schooling the show's Talking Head host about the value of the dollar.

Talking Head: "Yeah, but the Texas Coingressman is advocating going back to the gold standard........"

Santelli responds : "But you know, call it what it is, it's impossible to think that one could worry about pricing issues and not pay attention to the dollar. It's silly and he (Ron Paul) pointed that out."

Awesome! Sick 'em Rick! This guy is my new Hero. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAlACZtfnb8

MsDoodahs
02-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah, he's one of the few on CNBC that I like.

:)

nullvalu
02-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Yeah that guy is awesome. I wish the traders in Chicago could organize a "walk out" of sorts.. to protest the Fed. :D

Cowlesy
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM
You should have seen him going ballistic this morning at about 8AM EST. It was awesome.

The pundit kept telling him "The Fed need to ignore inflation right now" and Rick blasted him saying cutting rates is just bailing out people who made foolish bets either by levering up their corporations or by purchasing wacky investment products they didn't understand. He coupled that argument with the fact that as the Fed debases the currency, it passes on the difficulties to the Middle Class who have to bear the brunt of higher fuel and food prices while investment managers get a bail-out.

The argument was a lot better made than what I typed, but that was the jist.

Join The Paul Side
02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
You should have seen him going ballistic this morning at about 8AM EST. It was awesome.

The pundit kept telling him "The Fed need to ignore inflation right now" and Rick blasted him saying cutting rates is just bailing out people who made foolish bets either by levering up their corporations or by purchasing wacky investment products they didn't understand. He coupled that argument with the fact that as the Fed debases the currency, it passes on the difficulties to the Middle Class who have to bear the brunt of higher fuel and food prices while investment managers get a bail-out.

Wow. I hope somebody Tubes this. :D

mello
02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah that guy is awesome. I wish the traders in Chicago could organize a "walk out" of sorts.. to protest the Fed. :D

That would definitely make national news if all the traders in Chicago showed up outside of work chanting "Ron Paul is Right!!! Listen to Ron Paul!!!"

mczerone
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM

And the sub-prime issue is only an issue because the Banks would be expected to take care of properties, and take a loss on their investment.

wgadget
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
That would definitely make national news if all the traders in Chicago showed up outside of work chanting "Ron Paul is Right!!! Listen to Ron Paul!!!"

Let's organize this...What do yall say?

MsDoodahs
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Bump.

:D

nyrgoal99
02-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Rick gets it. So few people, especially most of the talking heads on CNBC. Go Rick!!

scooter
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM
He's just now on your radar?

Santelli's been talking like this for months now. The other day was the first time I heard him mention Ron Paul, but he complains about the handling of the dollar on a daily basis.

It's awesome watching the other "pump up the economy" guys squirm when he talks.

michaelwise
02-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Here's the video of Ron schooling big Ben.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldETRlhiXk#GU5U2spHI_4