PDA

View Full Version : Rant about Bush's 2/28 Press Conference

Tim724
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Bush had a press conference today in which he stressed 3 points:

1. We need to give more money to Africa for AIDS help. Bush said we must be "generous and compassionate".

2. Give more money to the Iraq war

3. Congress must approve a bill to allow more spying.

We are broke, the ship is going down and Bush is talking about this horse $hit?!

How are we supposed to be generous with AIDS charity? We are damn broke!!

This Iraq quagmire played a big role in making us broke and sinking our dollar, and now Bush wants to piss more of our treasure down this rat hole?

And spying?! First of all, this is shouldn't be that important right now with the economic crisis looming. Second, isn't it usually 3rd world crackpot dictators who clamp down on their citizenry in difficult times instead of actually addressing the problems?

The Bush administration has no clue what is going on. They are happy to drive this country off a damn cliff. With these people in charge, the economic downturn we are in might just be "the big one."

molly_pitcher
02-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Lemmings. The administration are lemmings.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, we must be generous and compassionate with other countries money. booooooo.

familydog
02-28-2008, 10:09 AM
We may be broke, but China's money will keep flowing for a while.

Bruno
02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
"I've been too focused on things like the price of oil (than to focus on the rights of the people to know where the $200M for his presidential library is going to come from)"

This said 1 minute after a reporter asked him about concerns of $4/gal gasoline and he claimed to have had no idea predictions were going that high.

bucfish
02-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Bush has lost his mind. Does he think Americans will continue to follow his crackpot ideas. We are broke out of jobs and yet giving money to support those three things only means one thing that we will be completely broke. Has reason and logic been that far removed from anyone still supporting this guy?

Cleaner44
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Here is how I heard it:

1. Even though we are broke, we need to give welfare to Africa.

2. We must continue to occupy Iraq when then are bad and we must continue to occupy Iraq when things get better.

3. Congress must interfere with class action lawsuits, escpecially if they have merit, otherwise the private sector may not comply with illegal actions in the future.

LEK
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
GW is a classic megalomaniac.
He will never hint at defeat much less admit it.
McCain is no different - he is GW with a war record, my friends.

[Megalomania: A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.]

RSLudlum
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I call BS on the AIDS relief for Africa...He's trying to use that as leverage for the America claiming resources there before Russia and China moves too far ahead on that continent!