PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Public Radio makes it official, onnly two GOP candidates.

spacehabitats
02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Email to KIOS-FM (the public radio station owned by the Omaha Public Schools):

"Again this morning your local anchor Michael Lyon implied that Ron Paul had dropped out of the race for the GOP nomination by referring to the "two" remaining candidates. John McCain, Mike Huckabee, and Ron Paul; THREE candidates. Mr. Lyon is either an embarrassment to the Omaha Public Schools (because of his lack of arithmetic skills), or he is an embarrassment to the journalist profession because of his naked prejudice and relentless filtering of the news. Since this is not the first time I have written to complain about this, I doubt that this will result in any kind of correction or retraction (that would require some shred of journalistic integrity on your part) but since there is still some time before the actual GOP primary on May 13, do you think you might at least do the voters of Nebraska the courtesy of reporting the NUMBER of candidates accurately?"

So should we ignore this kind of stuff and just go on canvassing people? Or would it be worth the time to picket the radio station and maybe get some recognition from the news media that Ron Paul still is a candidate?

Crickett
02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I do not live there, but if I did, I would definitely choose to picket. Standing around with Ron Paul for President signs may do a few things to the good. It will let others know he is still running, and that the station is lying. It may make the station state he is running. It would make the station upset that they were getting negative feedback, and I do not see how they could fail to mention it, or, if you had enough people, a different station may interview you for their news. I say picket. It would be just the thing to do.