PDA

View Full Version : Good Read on the lengths that BATF.....

GoDrNo
02-28-2008, 12:41 AM
is willing to go through to prosecute someone. Before anyone yells about me being a conspiracy nut realize that about 85% of US gun manufacturers have been forced to close their doors since 2002.

Congressman Phil Gingrey made the following statement that sheds light on what is happening with firearms manufacturers.

"Since 2002, 85 percent of American firearm manufacturers have been forced to close their doors. Let me repeat that, Mr. Chairman. Since 2002, 85 percent of American firearm manufacturers have been forced to close their doors."

BATF are threatening FFL holders with prosecution for less than .5 % errors in paperwork (such as Y or N instead of yes or no on forms) unless they willfully give up their FFL license. Legistlation has been introduced in at least 5 states that would make ammo virtually impossible to make or sell.

Anyways this link makes for very intersesting reading about the BATF prosecuting (successfully so far) a man for transfer of an illegal MG after an AR-15 he lent to someone (who the BATF PAID to testify against him) slam fired (due to using soft primered match grade ammo) at the range. A well documented fact that will occur with some models (oly arms, maybe some others) made in the 1980's. The gun in question is an Oly Arms AR-15 manufactured in the 80's.

BE WARNED it is 40+ pages, but between the stuff I mention above and the unethical way they handled this case it is painfully obvious that our gun rights are going to be gone soon. (Not to mention the attempt of the Bush administration to have Sullivan appointed as the head of the BATF)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=507483&page=1

ps. see if you can spot the BATF shill who starts to chime in somewhere in the 30's pages.

Doktor_Jeep
02-28-2008, 12:45 AM
That story is also well-documented here:

http://www.awrm.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000007;p=1

GoDrNo
02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks for that link to the other forums with info on this case. I'll have to read it tomorrow, my eyes feel like they are bleeding after reading the 44 pages on arfcom. The thread on arfcom has so much info on the different ways that the government is trying to use to limit our gun rights I had to read it all.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-28-2008, 07:29 AM
just one more to go and my personal arsenal is complete. things like this make me glad i'm not waiting.

GoDrNo
02-28-2008, 07:48 AM
just one more to go and my personal arsenal is complete. things like this make me glad i'm not waiting.

Yeah I still have a couple more to get (handgun, then shotgun). Hopefully my upper assembly hits the delivery truck today, if so I should have my AR finished by the end of the weekend.