PDA

View Full Version : Value Voters debate - March 3

devil21
02-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Just got this in my Yahoo news alert. Debate on March 3 2008. Who wants to bet McCain will find an excuse to not participate?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20080228/pl_usnw/mike_huckabee_accepts_values_voter_presidential_de bate

To: POLITICAL EDITORS
Contact: Alice Stewart of Huckabee for President, Inc., +1-501-324-2008

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Feb. 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Former Arkansas Governor and Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee accepted an invitation to participate in a Values Voter Presidential Debate to be held on Monday, March 3, 2008. Huckabee received the invitation on Wednesday, February 27, for the debate which would also include Senator John McCain and Congressman Ron Paul.

I look forward to discussing the issues that are important to the people of America such as health care, education, energy independence, terrorism and national security, Huckabee wrote in his letter of acceptance. I will clear my schedule to make time for this important debate, provided Sen. McCain participates, otherwise we will keep our current campaign schedule.

On Tuesday, Huckabee challenged Sen. McCain to a Lincoln-Douglas Style debate, but has yet to receive an acceptance from Sen. McCain.

The Values Voter debate is scheduled to be held at the Marriott Riverwalk, 711 E. Riverwalk St. in San Antonio, Tex.

SOURCE Huckabee for President, Inc.

pacelli
02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow, that's interesting.

pacelli
02-27-2008, 11:15 PM
It seems this entire debate hinges on whether McCain will show up. Notice Huck doesn't want to just debate Ron Paul?

syborius
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
I will be shocked Mccain will go for this. He is so far ahead it could only hurt him to try and debate Huck and Paul. He will probably opt out and torpedo the debate, and there is no way in hell Huck will want to debate RP one on one.

TastyWheat
02-28-2008, 11:34 AM
It's my luck that they'd schedule a debate in my town that will likely be canceled.

mmink15
02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
one more debate would be great!!!!!