PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC airing McCain's POW experience???

RSLudlum
02-27-2008, 09:38 PM
right now!!

MSNBC is airing a story about john mccain's stint in the Vietnam POW camp.

Thomas Paine
02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
right now!!

MSNBC is airing a story about john mccain's stint in the Vietnam POW camp.

My guess is that MSNBC won't mention that John McCain was a collaborator with his North Vietnamese captors in exchange for being kept in a nice comfy apartment serviced by hookers.

0zzy
02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
been watching. pretty interesting.

those who say he didn't experience hardships during those years are delusional.

0zzy
02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
My guess is that MSNBC won't mention that John McCain was a collaborator with his North Vietnamese captors in exchange for being kept in a nice comfy apartment serviced by hookers.

like that. :|

Give me liberty
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
So was it pro McCain or was it anti McCain?

0zzy
02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
So was it pro McCain or was it anti McCain?

It's a candidate series. They did Obama, Clinton, and McCain. All are pretty much pro-candidate.

Thomas Paine
02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
It is ironic how being too incompetent to out jinx a primitive SAM fired by a VC peasant thereby resulting in the loss of a $20 Million jet can further one's presidential ambitions.

pacelli
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
I missed it, but I'm willing to bet it was a pro-mccain emotional appeal.

pacelli
02-27-2008, 09:54 PM
It is ironic how being too incompetent to out jinx a primitive SAM fired by a VC peasant thereby resulting in the loss of a $20 Million jet can further one's presidential ambitions.

5 of them from what I understand.

RSLudlum
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Very pro so far with the one exception of his wife's stint with stolen pharmies.

Thomas Paine
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
5 of them from what I understand.

Christ almighty! John McCain loses $100 Million worth of jets (without adjusting for inflation) and somehow he is supposed to be a military hero?!?!?

0zzy
02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Christ almighty! John McCain loses $100 Million worth of jets (without adjusting for inflation) and somehow he is supposed to be a military hero?!?!?

Give me a fucking break. I'm tired of it. He is not a military hero because he was a good pilot (apparently he wasnt), they respect him because he was in the hands of enemies for 7 years. To say they gave him hookers and put him in a bed for those 7 years is a lie, you may hate his policies, but to degrade his time there is not the way to attack him.

RSLudlum
02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
WTF!!!

What a follow up show to the McCain piece.

"The War Zone Diary"

Was this a setup for the McCain viewers???

Thomas Paine
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Give me a fucking break. I'm tired of it. He is not a military hero because he was a good pilot (apparently he wasnt), they respect him because he was in the hands of enemies for 7 years. To say they gave him hookers and put him in a bed for those 7 years is a lie, you may hate his policies, but to degrade his time there is not the way to attack him.

You're dead wrong. McCain has made a big deal about his military background in a pitch to convince the GOP voters that he will make the best commander in chief. McCain has only drawn on his purported POW experience to condemn Gitmo, Abu Gharaib, and similar. The fact that McCain's military background includes losing five (5) jets totaling over $100 Million is a material fact that is relevant to determining that McCain would in fact a pretty damn lousy commander in chief. So fuck you!

pacelli
02-27-2008, 10:33 PM

No kidding!!!!!!

Bruno
02-27-2008, 10:37 PM
He should open his records and then we would all know the truth - but that ain't gonna happen.

haaaylee
02-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Regardless of whether or not his POW story is legit, i really don't think a POW who no doubt had psychological damage should be running a country. . .

josephadel_3
02-28-2008, 12:10 AM
like another poster said on these forums.... being captured by the enemy does not make you a hero. Just look at the guy. I wouldn't wanna fight with that insincere, scowling, giant douche.

Banana
02-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Out of curiousity, did we ever have any other POTUS who was a POW? I know we had war heros, but POW?

Aratus
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Banana, none from the Civil War...

Garfield and Hayes were
generals and from Ohio...
McKinley is a major and serves
near Garfield and UNDER Hayes!

Teddy Roosevelt is our
most famous vet of the
Spanish-American War !!!

Harry S. Truman had a unit
almost bolt from out underneath him
in WW1 until he coaxes them back to the front...

IKE is part of the success of D-DAY!

JFK is the dude who in ww2 who
ALMOST was captured. PT-109...

McCain is our "Nam-Vet... now.
Gore sent punch cards into a Saigon IBM machine...
evidently g.w bush was tres "national guard" stateside.
Kerry was on a boat on a river... oh how 'nam is is NOT iraq!
right now big boats are safer if not SMALL boats... back
then, being national guard was safer... o.kaaaaaay!

have i forgotten anyone?
bob dole has a bullet in his arm after anzio
jimmy carter was in our navy in ww2... so...

Harry S. Truman and JFK may have had
the greatest risk concerning the situation
of being captured... by the enemy

mtmedlin
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM

I just cant respect a man for that. If he had gotten some blow with those hookers, then it would have been an acceptable deal but common, hookers with no blow, he truely is classless.

jason43
03-04-2008, 09:03 AM

Agreed. There are so many other angles to take with McCain that attacking this angle is pointless.