PDA

View Full Version : Let's make sure it doesn't take this long!

Nate K
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Regarding the Free State project, I haven't been following this movement the whole time, but we have 8,000+ already?

Sounds like a lot, but we need one and a half times more.. According to the site, they're getting 56 new members a month.. At this rate it will take 17+ years to get the full 20,000!!!

You're not gonna let that happen are you? George Patton was the greatest general ever (in my opinion anyhow), and the reason for this was because of his speed and maneuvering. We need to get things done fast AND strategically. This is a war - it may not be fought with rifles and bayonets, but rather, fought with the fear of the loss of liberty through time.

Therefore! We must start planning NOW. We need to get everyone on these forums on the same page as us. If not NH, then another state. Even if they don't join, everyone should know of it.

So the question is, how long will you let it take to get to 20,000??

Remember, Big Brother has plans of his own.

porcupine
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
In between 5 and 10 years. As more people move, there will be more progress (the amount of progress now has already been stunning. It's amazing what happens when you put a few hundred super-activists together...and then we're re-awakening native activists too). As there's more progress, signups will increase.

But I have to tell you, we have made so much progress already that I'm convinced we could radically change the state with only 3,000. I do think we'll get the full 20,000 eventually, but by that time, most of the big things will have already happened. That's what I think.

I've heard some talk that the FSP might recruit at the DC March. All Ron Paul supporters should move to New Hampshire. It's the closest to what they want in a state and the best chance of getting the real thing.

And leaving aside government changes, having a bunch of liberarians would be great. I mean, imagine being able to use gold and silver as your currency. We can do that once there are enough people there.

FreeStater
02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
As I remember, the professor who originally came up with the number for 20,000 people re looked at his research in light of the progress the FSP has made and came up with these conclusions:

His 20,000 number was based on the assumption that the people would move there and do nothing but vote, maybe go to a couple town meetings, not be activists (as the 500 already in NH are).

Based on the evidence, he now thinks that you really only need 12,000 (voters, not activists) to make a difference, 20,000 would more than cover it.

If (as people have been) people are doing more than just voting, but being activists or even just helping some of the groups(NH Liberty Alliance, NH Underground, Coalition of NH Taxpayers, etc.) Then you only need about 2,000 to turn the state around.

we have 500/2000 activists there, another 500 due by 2009, and more on their way.

Side note: some people in NH have already been using old and silver for currency, and plans are inplace (BY some FSPers) to spread it (shiresilver.com, shiresilver.org)

Nate K
02-27-2008, 05:38 PM
In between 5 and 10 years. As more people move, there will be more progress (the amount of progress now has already been stunning. It's amazing what happens when you put a few hundred super-activists together...and then we're re-awakening native activists too). As there's more progress, signups will increase.

But I have to tell you, we have made so much progress already that I'm convinced we could radically change the state with only 3,000. I do think we'll get the full 20,000 eventually, but by that time, most of the big things will have already happened. That's what I think.

I've heard some talk that the FSP might recruit at the DC March. All Ron Paul supporters should move to New Hampshire. It's the closest to what they want in a state and the best chance of getting the real thing.

And leaving aside government changes, having a bunch of liberarians would be great. I mean, imagine being able to use gold and silver as your currency. We can do that once there are enough people there.

I'm glad you mentioned the March, I was thinking of it myself.

That is a must for the March. Get the word out there and this will be a breeze.

porcupine
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm glad you mentioned the March, I was thinking of it myself.

That is a must for the March. Get the word out there and this will be a breeze.

This is where I saw that idea discussed

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=14814.0

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Well damn, Nate. I see NH bit you, too. :)

We need momentum. We'll get that through excitement. I think we need more freestaters on here posting about events, get togethers, youtubes, etc. I loved the T'day youtubes! All the RP boards need updates, reminders. We have new people STILL joining this revolution.

When I first joined these forums, I didn't pay any attn to the freestate threads. I knew NH was cold and wasn't interested. Now, though, I see how dire the situation is. I'm watching the MSM block out Paul, I see how deep it all goes and I decided to check it out. Others will feel the same. They just need encouragement!