PDA

View Full Version : How we will take over the republican party.

brandon
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
There is a very simple way we can take over the republican party. We can get RP or a RP like candidate (better idea) the pres. nomination in 2012. It requires us keeping our meetups together, and keeping the level of enthusiasm up among the ranks. If we can keep our spirits for the next two years, we can win.

The idea is this - we spend the next year entrenching ourselves within our local GOP. Go to your meetings, be friendly, meet your local republicans. Get a haircut, leave your tie-die shirt at home, and go mingle with the GOP once a week.

Ultimately the goal is to get ALL of us elected to republican state committee in in the 2010 election. The republican state committee's are an extremely powerful force within the republican party. The committee gets to decide the platform, and decide what candidates the state party will endorse. The second is the biggest. This is the most important thing we can do with the enxt two years. If we decide what candidates the party endorses, we control the party.

These positions are not too difficult to get. Of course it is relative to the area you are running in, but these positions can be won without a massive campaign. If you have 10 volunteers from your meetup who will support you, and you have made friends with the local GOP, you can easily win this position.

If we take over the state committee's in 2010, we take over congress and the white house in 2012.

I am praying our movement can stay together and follow through with this.

acptulsa
02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
That's how the neocons did it. If traitors can do it, patriots can do it.

boggie08
02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I think we need to support our current congressional candidates too. A congressional candidate is something we can mobilize around. Also, working on a congressional campaign can help us integrate into the GOP, just like you are talking about.

RPFP
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I was thinking of leaving after I vote for the Dr. in my primary. I've come to the conclusion I am not a republican. I am a very old school Jeffersonian liberal, and the closest party to that is the libertarian party. We cant change a party whos platform runs on elitists control. After the way Bush is leaving this country I no longer want to be associated with republicans. I have found out how the majority of republicans feel towards others. Look at the way they treated us. I say fuck the republicans, I hope their party gets destroyed.

A little slap of reality and I know it wont ever be destroyed. We have as much hope changing the party from within, as we do as wiping it from future history books. I was a happier person when I was naive and ignorant of politics and global affairs. Republicans are not for our view of liberty and freedom. They are obviously not concerned with our rights granted by the constitution. McCain rates F in most places for issues concerning gun rights, however he is going to be our nominee. Bush, now McCain .... I am no republican, neither of those 2 represent me in who I want to run this country. To hell with this party, I don't think I ever was a republican. I was just fooled into thinking I was by conservative talk radio.