PDA

View Full Version : Were there a lot of Iowan Ron Paul supporters at the IA Strawpoll?

Akus
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I have heard that whole bunch of people drove out of state, some as far as WA and I also know that they recruited whole bunch of people while in there, but was there a large presence of peopl who already knew of Ron Paul and who were Iowans? Compared to the out-of-state Ron Paul supporters.

brumans
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
There were about 1,305 of them.

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
@Akus Plenty of videos floating around that will give you a picture.

Jake!
08-15-2007, 08:46 PM
There were about 1,305 of them.

I was proud to be one of them!

aknappjr
08-16-2007, 05:18 AM
RP had one of the highest # of volunteers (fairly similar to Romney's #'s, and I believe brownback had fewer). Romney bused in a ton of people, and he had like 20-40 golf-carts to drive supporters around. One of the Mitt Romney volunteers drove into me, leaving tire tracks on my leg, actually.

Ron Paul had the biggest signs.

My one suggestion for the volunteers would be to talk about issues IOWIANS care about...ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, 2nd Amendment, ANTI-ABORTION, and ANTI-TAX. If every Iowian knew that RP was The STRONGEST CANDIDATE ON THESE ISSUES he might have beaten Tancredo, Brownback, and even Huckabee, or at least come closer. Its an uphill battle; we need to keep fighting.

ChicagoLawyer
08-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Nothing against the Iowa Ron Paul volunteers (they did some amazing work) but there were relatively few of them at Ames. I kept asking other volunteers where they were from and it was rarely Iowa. That's one reason why I was almost shocked we did as well as 1,300 votes. Either people came out of the woodwork or there were a number of turncoats from other campaigns.