PDA

View Full Version : Please check out my first RP creation!

berrybunches
02-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Click below for the pamphlet I just made to hand out, it will tri-fold. I was unimpressed with the slim Jims and wanted something more extensive.

I would be honored if everyone would read it and give me some tips!

http://www.legitmoneyprograms.com/ronpaulpublic.pdf

EDIT: please ignore that the link looks like it leads to a money making thing. Its just a domain I own that I have not put to use yet.
As you can see from the comments it leads to a PDF about Ron Paul I made, promise.

berrybunches
02-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Anyone? :(

molly_pitcher
02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
It's lovely! If you don't mind I would like to add it to my collection.

I didn't get a chance to read everything, is it specific to your state? I send out mailers to people I hope will support me as a delegate, and this looks like something else I could use.

cheese
02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
very well done

Bossobass
02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Very good work, my friend.

Bosso

humanic
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey Erin (that's the name it says on the pamphlet!)

I like this idea and I think you are off to a good start. I often wish the slim jims were a bit more extensive myself. Here's a few changes I would make:

"He is also a member of the congressional Green Scissors Coalition, which works to cut the red tape that prevents alternative energy sources from being explored." (Second sentence was a fragment.)

"He voted FOR bringing Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda to justice."

"You may not agree with Ron Paul on everything but Ron Paul has consistently proven throughout his 10 terms in Congress that he can be trusted to "support... defend" and "bear true faith and allegiance" to the Constitution, as his oath of office demands.

"Ron Paul does not want to be president so that he can run your life. He understands that the constitution gives American citizens considerable power to legislate themselves at the local and state levels, and that this right is often overshadowed by Washington's strong arm. This is an anti-American trend which he strongly opposes. It's time to take back control over our own communities and lives!"

The war in Iraq was sold to us under false pretenses. It is costing us hundreds of billions a year and thousands of lives.

Our National Guard and border agents are being sent overseas to defend foreign borders while our own borders are left vulnerable, diminishing our safety.

Our freedom movement is growing every day!

He will work to create a medical savings accounts for every American who wants one and allow all medical costs to be tax deductible

It includes ending birthright citizenship, securing America’s borders, regulating student visas from terrorist nations, refocusing our efforts back on the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, revamp our intelligence agencies, allow the president to issue letter of marque, allow pilots to carry firearms and much more.

The government decided long ago that business could pollute your air and water and you are helpless to prevent it. If companies were required to respect personal property rights it would get very expensive to pollute. (reversed order of sentences)

Ron Paul gets more donations from active duty military than all the candidates combined. In the words of Ronald Reagan: "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

About the last one: The quote looked too crowded-in where it was. It needed a blank line above and below it like the quotes to the right. But, since there isn't room to do that without shorting your other write-ups, I think this is the best solution.

kigol
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
good job

berrybunches
02-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Thank everyone so much! I wish I would have done this sooner. I am going to edit up with humanic's suggestions (thank you humanic, very very much for going through it all)
and then put a fresh link up. And of course anyone can use it, its aimed at my area but all you have to do is transfer it to a word file and change it. easy. I will have an update of it that is accessible in the morning. Someone is going to do some design work for me on it! I have never done anything like this before and am so happy to get good feedback.

My primary is Tuesday and my goal is to have one of these on as many porches as possible over the weekend!

molly_pitcher
02-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Be sure to alert us with the update berry, and thanks!

humanic
02-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Just a heads up, I edited something in post #6 above.

You have: Ron Paul takes all his orders from the constitution as his oath of office demands and never lets his personal beliefs interfere with his oath to serve you and the country.

I suggest changing this to: Ron Paul has consistently proven throughout his 10 terms in Congress that he can be trusted to "support... defend" and "bear true faith and allegiance" to the Constitution, as his oath of office demands.

Austin
02-28-2008, 01:09 AM
He voted AGAIST the unconstitutional Iraq war

Misspelled 'against'

berrybunches
02-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Just a heads up, I edited something in post #6 above.

You have: Ron Paul takes all his orders from the constitution as his oath of office demands and never lets his personal beliefs interfere with his oath to serve you and the country.

I suggest changing this to: Ron Paul has consistently proven throughout his 10 terms in Congress that he can be trusted to "support... defend" and "bear true faith and allegiance" to the Constitution, as his oath of office demands.

Hmmm...I want to keep it very simple and direct. That sentence, though wonderfully formated, takes to much thought for the average idiot lol

I was thinking maybe: "Ron Paul does not let personal or private agenda's decide his vote. His job as a congressman is simple: defend the constitution at all costs. He has proven to be 100% uncompromising in his efforts to defend you, even if it means casting the only no vote in the whole house."

Criticize away