PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone taking advantage of Young Republicans' Convention?

Akus
08-15-2007, 06:45 PM
When:
Friday, August 17, 2007, 3:00 PM 2007
Where:
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
700 San Jacinto Street
Austin , TX 78701
(512) 476 - 3700

Kregener
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Good luck with that one!

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Is anyone taking advantage of Young Republicans' Convention?

Could be taken so wrong.... or maybe im just sick in the head.

Akus
08-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Kregener, I am not in Austin, that's why I'm asking if anyone in Texas capital knows of this event.

0zzy
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
I never heard of it, how do I join? Probably can't though, few hours away and no ride.

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I never heard of it, how do I join?

Look for one of these posters:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Kuldebar/Hitler_jugend.jpg

And call the number for the local chapter printed on the bottom.

Kregener
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Kuldebar,

ROTFLMAO!!!

Wiping coffee off the laptop...

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
C'mon guys... Republicans traditionally believe in small government, low taxes and all the rest of it.

These people are members of the party of which we're hoping Dr. Paul wins the nomination. We'd better embrace them, instead of mocking them. Ya think? ;)

ScotTX
08-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Announcing a new event for The Austin Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

What: Texas Young Republicans Convention

When: Friday, August 17, 4:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Time to make a splash at the Texas Young Republicans Convention!

Sarah Kanel is your contact - you can email her at sarahRPA@gmail.com

Here's the deal:

- Friday: We have a table on Friday, August 17, from 3 - 7:30 p.m. Although the event itself runs from 4 - 7 p.m., we'll need people to help set up and tear down the table.

- Saturday: Although no table will be held on Saturday, August 18, we want to have a presence during late registration (9 - 10 a.m.) and after lunch (12:30 - 2:00 p.m.). People working this day will hold signs, hand out voter registration cards, wear Ron Paul T-shirts, and make general Ron-Paul-related merriment.

- Sunday: Like Saturday's event, there will be no table on Sunday, August 19. However, we will again be showing our presence before and after brunch (9:30 - 10:00 and 11:00 - 11:30).

Now although I welcome you to work as many of these events as you'd like, we have enough volunteers that we should have no problem with everybody working only one or two timeslots. We can cover all of these without any of you having to give up a large chunk of your weekend. However, to make that happen, I'm going to need some information from each of you.

So! If you want to help, here's what you need to do:

1. Tell me all the times you can work. I will not ask you to work all those times (unless you've only got one or two anyway). Instead, I will take everybody's availability, arrange it so we're all giving up as little time as possible, and then send you a reply letting you know when we need you to work. I will get back to you with the weekend schedule no later than next Tuesday, August 14.

2. If there's any way you can help set up on Friday afternoon at 3, I really encourage you to volunteer for that time. It will be hard for us to find people able to help so early in the afternoon on a weekday, so that's really at a premium.

That's it! I'll eagerly await all your emails. =) If you have any questions, please let me know.

Oh, and thanks, everybody, for volunteering! It sounds crazy, but a few hours of work here and there adds up to a lot of man-hours and a lot of publicity for Ron Paul.

-Sarah

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/14/calendar/6177148/

Kregener
08-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Where do you get your "Republicans" LE?

The only ones i can find are for the opposite of small government, low taxes and all the rest of it.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Where do you get your "Republicans" LE?

The only ones i can find are for the opposite of small government, low taxes and all the rest of it.

I am one of them, Kregener.

Dr. Paul's stances are the very crux of traditional conservatism. Are you forgetting that Dr. Paul himself is a Republican and has described himself as the most conservative member of Congress?

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
C'mon guys... Republicans traditionally believe in small government, low taxes and all the rest of it.

These people are members of the party of which we're hoping Dr. Paul wins the nomination. We'd better embrace them, instead of mocking them. Ya think? ;)

What they should be, what they may still profess to be, but ain't what they is...hence Paul's struggle to be nominated.