PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Thought

stizmatic
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Before I say this I know this is not feasible but I am just curious to what your response would be.

What would the results be if the detainees in Guantanamo were polled on who they think they next president should be?

What would Osama Bin Laden think of Ron Paul? What would all radicals think of Paul?

If Ron's foreign policy and ideas about terrorism are true I personally think they would support him. I believe the intolerance for our society would still exist, but in reality, we have intolerance for their society. I believe they would see him as less threatening and would have slight motivation to actually work with us. I would love to just sit down with a radical islamist and talk with them. I want to understand straight from their mouths what they think of us and where we went wrong. I also think in part I could convince them to promote peace, it would only work for their benefit. Their is no winner in the current situation, it is a lose lose situation.

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I believe they would support Dr. Paul's positions and it would look bad for us

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Paul's foreign policies would hurt those groups by taking away a large source of their recruiting power. The fuel on the fire would burn for a while but then it would become a matter of trying to keep such hostilities up in order to fight "the Great Satan".

The leaders of those groups would have to paint the US policy change as a victory in order to be able to get anything positive out of it.

stizmatic
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree that the media would make it look extremely bad for Ron Paul. Who wants to be supported by terrorists.

My point wasnt that this would enable these groups to expand. Because I don't think they will. In most situations if we backed off they would expand. But I believe Paul is the face of honesty and morality. I think he could change their views on the American government and people, which would in turn actually break apart these groups.

Terrorism and terrorists will always exist. There will always be irrational people in this world, it is a fatal flaw of the human race. However, since we went to Iraq I believe there were many converts to the radical principle simply because of our behavior in the middle east. I think these would be the people who could be influenced by Paul.

Kregener
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
To quote a pearl of wisdom from a GREAT Statesman:

"I'm suggesting that we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it, and they are delighted that we're over there because Osama bin Laden has said, 'I am glad you're over on our sand because we can target you so much easier.' They have already now since that time –have killed 3,400 of our men, and I don't think it was necessary."

Which was immediately followed by this piece of blithering idiocy by a TERRIBLE Politician:

"That's really an extraordinary statement. That's an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack of September 11, that we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've heard that before, and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th."

Oh, and just to let you know, I ALSO "lived through" the attack of September 11...

Mister Grieves
08-15-2007, 06:49 PM
...and I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th.

Such as, 'they attacked us for our freedoms' and our indoor plumbing, etc.

quickmike
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Bin Laden always votes neo-con. As a terrorist, he needs events which he can "blowback" against. Bin Laden is definitely a Guilani man.

youre 100% correct there. Without the Iraq war and out policy of nation building, the recruitment for Al Queda and other terrorist groups would not be possible at the numbers they have today.Ghoulianni knows this too, and that is exactly why he wants to keep it going. Its the cash cow for his base supporters, the military industrial complex.