PDA

View Full Version : Duty ?

STRATIOTES
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
If current continuity of government fails for some reason would you answer a call to arms from the commander and chief ?

For this question assume Ron Paul is the CINC if called could you muster with necessary arms and would you answer the call ?

pcosmar
02-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Only IF Ron Paul was elected would I be able.
If the United States, or my State was threatened (actually) then yes I would.
Under present laws and circumstances, I am prohibited from defending myself or my home.

weslinder
02-27-2008, 03:57 PM
It would depend entirely on the situation. If the United States were attacked by a foreign enemy or foreign enemy-sponsored group, regardless of my feelings about the enemy group, I would take up arms and fight to rid my country of that enemy. If it were a rebellion that the Federal government was trying to quell and I agreed with the rebels (even if not strongly enough to fight myself), I would not answer the call.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
For me it would depend on the situation regardless of who's in power. I put blind faith in no man.

the_british_are_coming
02-28-2008, 02:16 AM
It would depend entirely on the situation. If the United States were attacked by a foreign enemy or foreign enemy-sponsored group, regardless of my feelings about the enemy group, I would take up arms and fight to rid my country of that enemy. If it were a rebellion that the Federal government was trying to quell and I agreed with the rebels (even if not strongly enough to fight myself), I would not answer the call.

Soooooo.... what are you trying to say here???? i'm confused, and would feel better if you would mind clarifying your statement...

You would rather let an oppressive .gov kill your neighbors than stand up for your beliefs????

please explain...

Hawk45
02-28-2008, 05:56 AM
I took an oath a LONG time ago to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies both foreign or domestic. As far as I know it had NO time limit on it.

I don't care if they are foreign invaders or some nuts in DC, they ALL fall under the same rules for me.

weslinder
02-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Soooooo.... what are you trying to say here???? i'm confused, and would feel better if you would mind clarifying your statement...

You would rather let an oppressive .gov kill your neighbors than stand up for your beliefs????

please explain...

I'm only saying that I wouldn't help an oppressive government kill my neighbors. Sometimes, standing up for your beliefs is a suicide mission. Had I gone to Waco to fight the ATF, I wouldn't be posting on this board today (unless of course they have the internet in Heaven), and I wouldn't have change anything.

pcosmar
02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm only saying that I wouldn't help an oppressive government kill my neighbors. Sometimes, standing up for your beliefs is a suicide mission. Had I gone to Waco to fight the ATF, I wouldn't be posting on this board today (unless of course they have the internet in Heaven), and I wouldn't have change anything.

No, one person will not.
A dozen or 20 armed and motivated individuals could have turned that into a rout.
Downed choppers and smoking tanks would have been better than burned children.

youngbuck
02-28-2008, 09:05 PM
No, one person will not.
A dozen or 20 armed and motivated individuals could have turned that into a rout.
Downed choppers and smoking tanks would have been better than burned children.

You got that right.

Like a previous poster stated, I would defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. As of late, I am more afraid of domestic enemies operating under the guise of security, safety, and anti-terrorism.

Sharpstick
03-23-2008, 01:32 PM
No I'm not ready to take action, but if forced in to it I'm in pretty good shape to mount a defense. I train regularly, have a small group of friends that train together, stock arms and ammo, have a plan, and know my AO.

Molon Labe!!

Doktor_Jeep
03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
The biggest enemy Ron Paul would have would be the House of Representatives.

I would be happy to answer that call, wherein we are tasked to being out the tar and feathers.