PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Iowa Exit Poll Shows Win?

CurtisLow
08-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Ron Paul Iowa Exit Poll Shows Win? (3)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

Reported "Exit Poll Results," according to YouTube site, see below

Iowa Straw Poll Exit Poll ...

Ron Paul______37.01%
M Huckabee___20.85%
T Tancredo____16.72%
Mitt Romney___10.03%
S Brownback___06.91%
T Thompson____04.35%
D Hunter_______01.34%
F Thompson____00.89%
Rudy Giuliani___00.67%
John McCain____00.56%
John Cox_______00.45%

"Ron Paul actually won the Iowa Straw Poll by a large margin. ... 6% were exit polled, and RP won overwhelmingly."

=====

The above numbers were derived from feedback to the following site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPyrcrVGL4o

=====

Update:

Sources who attended the Ames, Iowa Straw Poll said that the Ron Paul exit pollers were "obviously supporters" of the Ron Paul campaign and that therefore supporters of other campaigns might not have spoken to them - and avoided them as a matter of fact. This would have the obvious result of skewing an exit poll. It is a reason why exit pollers must not evince any obvious bias toward one candidate or another - and be ideologically uncomitted if possible.

Sources close to the Ron Paul campaign say staffers do not believe that the voting was significantly erroneous and they are satisfied with the nearly 10 percent that Ron Paul garnered. FMNN previously reported that this figure represented a "top of the arc" return, given that national polls had Ron Paul in the 2-3% support range. (article revised, edited and updated to clarify YouTube information and Ron Paul campaign response).

Staff Selections - Links

Read feedback!
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=47335&fb=1

UtahApocalypse
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
This again? :(

CurtisLow
08-15-2007, 06:30 PM
I searched with no results... If it's already been run, I guess an admin can delete it.

Thanks for you support!

Kregener
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Curtis,

Do not fret, some folks just do not believe dirty politics, duplicity and shenanigans can be a possibility.

I have also followed this angle on various websites.

Thanks.

dseisner
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought we put this one to rest.

quickmike
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Curtis,

Do not fret, some folks just do not believe dirty politics, duplicity and shenanigans can be a possibility.

I have also followed this angle on various websites.

Thanks.

Its not a question of the possibility of dirty politics, duplicity and shenanigans coming into play here. We all know those things come into play all the time in elections and polls. The issue is, what can be done about it within the system when the system is involved in the dirty politics you are complaining about in the first place. Thats like a slave going to the slave master with complaints of mistreatment of the slaves. All thats going to happen if you bitch about corruption in polls is make yourself look like a sore loser, even if your gripes have merit and are 100% correct.

The question is, do we whine about it and look like crybabies to the rest of the world, just as Al Gores people did in the 2000 election, or do we continue to spread the Ron Paul message to the point where it cant be ignored? Id say the latter would make more sense. The complaining will just do the opposite of what it should do in a fairly and honestly run world. Unfortunately, thats not what we live in.

So if there are people that want to call FOUL on the polls, be my guest. Just remember that youre gonna do more harm than good and hurt your candidate in the process because the people you are taking your complaints to are the very people who have done injustice to you in the first place.

Just use your heads for 2 seconds people. Cant we do that?

Kregener
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Unless you EXPOSE the corruption.

quickmike
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Unless you EXPOSE the corruption.

Expose the corruption to who? The people who watch MSM all day long, who buy everything Fox news tells them? Those people?

Or maybe the people that run the polls?

How are you going to expose them? Id lke to know because that would be great if someone could do it. To expose someone, you need video footage, audio recording of it, someone in the system who admits they were directly involved in the misrepresentation of polling numbers, otherwise it just looks like hearsay. You need direct proof of some kind for anything to have an impact. Someone caught red handed.

CurtisLow
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
The right wing already know the voting system is in disrepair. Thats the way they want it. We need to go back to paper ballots and hand counting with two eyewitness from each party there to witness it. This BS has to stop. Who has a plan?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/56A9F628EE3E45DF901B9F4944D9B314/hacking-a-dieblold-voting-mach.aspx

Free Thinker
08-16-2007, 03:18 AM
3. 8/15/2007 - 14:16:56PM
BY: ZD
If you live in Iowa and did, in fact, vote for Ron Paul, please sign this affidavit and send it in. They're at 332 or thereabouts right now. If they hit 1306, then it's apparent there was some sort of fraud.

http://votefraud.org/iowa_straw_poll_2007_report_affidavit_part1.htm

aknappjr
08-16-2007, 05:13 AM
I was at the straw poll, saw no evidence of corruption/vote tampering, and Dr. Paul's outcome (5th) was in line with the number of supporters relative to the rest of the field. DROP IT!

Man from La Mancha
08-16-2007, 05:27 AM
I was at the straw poll, saw no evidence of corruption/vote tampering, and Dr. Paul's outcome (5th) was in line with the number of supporters relative to the rest of the field. DROP IT!

I assume you were present during the physical count of the paper receipts.

Revolution9
08-16-2007, 07:16 AM
I assume you were present during the physical count of the paper receipts.

Smacko bang! I will reiterate on this thread as well. There will be no paying attention to orders issued by individuals on a thread in this forum. This is ALL over the net on several dozen websites. People are sick and fed up of the obvious corruption. I like it as it has them on notice they are not going to get away with even thinking about Diebold based vote rigging without the possibility of a lawsuit forcing discovery.

Best
Randy

Mr. White
08-16-2007, 08:30 AM
The exit polling was not a random sample of those that voted in the straw poll, therefore it cannot be used to refute the straw poll results. A basic statistics class will teach you that.