PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Dilemma

mrchubbs
02-27-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/02/27/the-ron-paul-dilemma/

Much talk has occurred from Ron Paul supporters about whether he should abandon the Republican Party and run as a third party or independent candidate. He has painted himself into a GOP corner. The truth is that the Republican Party has abandoned him, but he refuses to flee to the friendlier confines of another party. It seems he believes doing so is a losing proposition. It probably is.

He aims to give the GOP a much required makeover by punching at the base of it’s neo-conservative tower. This certainly is a noble effort, but is it also a losing one?

His once enthusiastic supporters have become divided. These aren’t necessarily the ingredients of a successful “movement”. It’s interesting so many supporters seem to have their own ideas about how the Ron Paul campaign should move forward rather than just letting Ron Paul decide how to do so.

Read the rest here:
http://www.libertymaven.com/2008/02/27/the-ron-paul-dilemma/

Enjoy.

belian78
02-27-2008, 08:10 AM
this is exactly the kind of thing that Xar was talking about in his thread in the Grassroots Central.

in my opinion, true supporters of freedom and liberty are not divided. they are right here, still working for the cause, i know i am. fuck all the rest that want to create division with these silly little op-ed articles i wouldnt even wipe my ass with. :mad:

tommyzDad
02-27-2008, 08:34 AM
true supporters of freedom and liberty are not divided

+2009

IcyPeaceMaker
02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
I believe that piece was written to amplify the fact that many have become deluded and hopeless, when the truth is that the movement is still growing.

Corporate media wants to quash American freedom and self-determination. We won't allow that to happen, our eyes have been opened by an honest to goodness patriot, Dr. Ron Paul, and their end is what we now focus on. We must end the control of corporate media over the minds of Americans. Free people must be well informed rather than fed the constant flow of crap the media spews.

mrchubbs
02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes... I wrote it based on observations recently about the movement and it's new divisive rhetoric. The point (and maybe it failed) was to try to get people to realize that it is times like these that we really need to stick together.

Sure I point out the divisiveness, but in order to combat the divisiveness, the first step is admitting there is a problem. The next is to try to fix it.

There is a problem. Let's use the rally (whenever it is) to help fix it. The excitement over the rally is the drug for what ails us, I think.

ladyliberty
02-27-2008, 10:57 AM
The Ron Paul Revolution is alive and well and continues in the state of Florida. We have been told that there will be no "take over" of the Republican party, but we have responded that we are here to "restore" the Republican Party to its original design - and that is being widely accepted. Which is really our intentions - is it not? We want our country to do a complete 180 degree turn about from the direction we are being railroaded into at the present time. Turning the train around is not the same thing as blowing up the train!

So rather than beating the drumbeat of war and revolution, complete with masks and disguises, and covert operations and sneakiness, (while that CAN be fun up to point) , we ought to just calmly pick up our picks and shovels, put our backs into it, and quietly turn the train around. This revolution is not going to happen overnight - not by a longshot. Those who have dropped out were never really "in" to begin with - they were just swept up in the campaign and hopped on the Ron Paul Bandwagon for a time.

We need good quality people, with integrety and honesty to run for office. We need more "Ron Paul Republicans." We have two here in Florida and I have sent campaign funds to both of them, even though they are not in my district. If I knew of more people who care about the constitution running for office in my state, I would send them some funds too, but so far there arent any. As long as we can keep fighting this good fight though, I am in this to the end...

The Revolution is NOT about the man, it is about the country! The genie has been let out of the bottle!

amistybleu
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM
this is exactly the kind of thing that Xar was talking about in his thread in the Grassroots Central.

in my opinion, true supporters of freedom and liberty are not divided. they are right here, still working for the cause, i know i am. fuck all the rest that want to create division with these silly little op-ed articles i wouldnt even wipe my ass with. :mad:

Bravo, True Americans continue the life battle and the rest will fall by the sword.

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM

+ 1776