PDA

View Full Version : Greg Lewis will speak at D.C. rally

gregl26
02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi everyone,

I am going to be speaking at the April 15th Tax Day rally in D.C.. I am very excited about this and cannot wait to see the thousands of patriots that will attend. Murray Sabrin is also speaking so maybe I can wiggle a RP endorsement finally. The Pope is coming into D.C. that day to meet Bush and so 500,000 Catholics will be rallying as well. Hopefully they will be in earshot of our speeches and we can convert them to the revolution. I just wanted to inform you all of the good news. Please consider donating to this campaign as generously and as often as you can. We all know it takes money to do well. I need to hit the $10,000 mark soon as a safeguard against any possible petition problems that may arise.

Oh I just came back from a Republican Executive Committee meeting and the people there we great. They HATE Ric Keller. We just might be able to win this seat in Congress for the revolution.

Thanks,
Greg Lewis
www.greglewisforcongress.com

PatriotOne
02-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the info Mr. Lewis. I won't be at the rally but I hope to see video's of all the speakers. I will be very interested to hear what you have to say.

PatriotOne
02-27-2008, 12:50 AM
I was just looking over your website Greg. I don't see any statements about the Iraq war so I have a question. Assuming we were still at war in Iraq and you are Congressman, would you vote to continue funding the war?

gregl26
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I was just looking over your website Greg. I don't see any statements about the Iraq war so I have a question. Assuming we were still at war in Iraq and you are Congressman, would you vote to continue funding the war?

That is an excellent question. I agree with Dr. Paul 100% on every issue. I want a non-interventionist foreign policy. I am simply trying to play "smart" politics. In Florida everyone apparently voted for pro-war people. I am therefore focusing on the less controversial issues. The only mention I make to foreign policy on my page is at the bottom of the bullet points where I state; "As you Congressman I will vote to stop policing the world and engaging in nation building". I do not mention RP on my site or in speeches to non-meetups or non-RP people. This is to avoid the stigma the MSM has put on Dr. Paul. I want to tell them the same message that our fearless leader does but avoid their preconcieved sheeple notions of our message.

If a reporter or voter brings up Ron Paul and asks me what I think of him I will of course speak glowingly of him and defend his postions, which are my positions. I will not hide from it if asked but feel we would better served to not bring it up on our own. I feel that the candidates that are saying "Ron Paul" every other sentence are hurting their chances to win.

I am simply trying to be smart about how I frame the message because I will do anything to be able to walk up to Dr. Ron Paul in Congress and say "sir, reinforcements have arrived!"

I hope that answers your question and alleviates your worry that I would not back every position of Ron Paul's

nosebruise
02-27-2008, 01:10 AM
maybe instead of leaving it out entirely you could state dr pauls position.

"strong on protecting the country from terrorists, but against needless and costly wars."

or something to that extent...
people only care about the war cause the hate them darn terrists.
war in iraq wasnt about terrists.

instead of saying "i'm against the war in iraq" just say "i'm against terrorists and terrorism and will seek to keep our borders safe from the terror."

by bringing the troops home and protecting our borders here and not fighting in a useless (in terms of the 'war on terror') costly war, you won't be lying... shoot... we all know we're WORSE off with as far as terrorist threats go since the invasion of Iraq... :)

gregl26
02-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Tonight I went to a Republican Executive Committee meeting and was warmly welcomed. The speaker sounded like Ron Paul up until he got to the terror part. He invoked the vision of the founders just as I do in my speeches. He got loud applause for this and this is when I realized the best way to attack this postion. I will start any speech in which I address the war by mentioning the constitution and the vision of the founders, which I always do anyway, and get them riled up and emotional about the American ideals during our birth as a nation.

True republicans agree on all of these points. After they seem enthused and in agreement that the founders knew best I will say that if you believe this way you cannot pick and choose which part of the founders vision you follow. You either agree that the principles we were founded upon were perfect or you are not a true conservative, maybe in phrased in less harsh tones. When they agree I will say the founders told us to trade and travel with all nations but have entangling alliances with none.

The founders were non-interventionists. You cannot adhere to only part of the message. Our message as liberty-minded people is that we must follow all of the founders advice and so forth. I truly believe that if we begin speaking of the war issue in this manner we can start to convert some of the neo-cons.

nosebruise
02-27-2008, 01:42 AM
right.

i'm just saying that, instead of hitting people over the head with non-interventionism, pander to the reasons they think the war is a good thing in the first place, but break apart those reasons from the actual war, because as we all know they arent really interconnected, since obviously speeches are easier to get people riled up than websites.

it's the same thing as talking to them about the founding fathers' constitutional view on war. just baby stepping them into non-interventionism.

defending the country against a terrorist organization such as al-Qaeda who DID attack us already does not go against non-interventionism ideals. you can say you would be tough on "terrorists" without going into needless wars. ron paul supported going after al-Qaeda after the attacks, but did not support the interventionist war in iraq.

i was simply saying you could pander to people by saying you will fully support defending our country from terrorism, but also say that you are against war unneeded (interventionist), and highly expensive wars that will adversely affect our economy. instead of completely omitting it. it's the best way to try to please both the pro-war and anti-war vote.

gregl26
02-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Agreed. I will also bring up the Letters of Marque and Reprisal if asked how I feel about the war etc. I really want to stay away from that issue as long as possible though. I am trying to get people to agree with me, believe in me, and volunteer with me so that if/when that issue comes up they will respect my views better than if I was just a "crazy Ron Paul guy" trying to crash the party. I could of course be wrong in how I am handling the situation but I think in my district that this is the best approach. It is just a difficult situation all around on how to convert the warmongers.

PatriotOne
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
That is an excellent question. I agree with Dr. Paul 100% on every issue. I want a non-interventionist foreign policy. I am simply trying to play "smart" politics. In Florida everyone apparently voted for pro-war people. I am therefore focusing on the less controversial issues. The only mention I make to foreign policy on my page is at the bottom of the bullet points where I state; "As you Congressman I will vote to stop policing the world and engaging in nation building". I do not mention RP on my site or in speeches to non-meetups or non-RP people. This is to avoid the stigma the MSM has put on Dr. Paul. I want to tell them the same message that our fearless leader does but avoid their preconcieved sheeple notions of our message.

If a reporter or voter brings up Ron Paul and asks me what I think of him I will of course speak glowingly of him and defend his postions, which are my positions. I will not hide from it if asked but feel we would better served to not bring it up on our own. I feel that the candidates that are saying "Ron Paul" every other sentence are hurting their chances to win.

I am simply trying to be smart about how I frame the message because I will do anything to be able to walk up to Dr. Ron Paul in Congress and say "sir, reinforcements have arrived!"

I hope that answers your question and alleviates your worry that I would not back every position of Ron Paul's

Thanks for your well thought answer. I suspected this was your reasoning for not including strong statements on your website....which brings me to a whole other concern. As a voter (not in your district), I have concerns about well-intentioned RP candidates, once they get into office, as to whether they will have enough backbone to overcome the pressure from their own party once in office. I have no doubt there are many current GOP Congressmen who see the war for what it is.....a huge mistake...and yet they vote along party lines (with the exception of RP and one or two others) to continue funding the war due to immense pressures from inside. Which well-meaning RP Republican candidates have the backbone to withstand the pressure? If they already fear stigmatization of the MSM, and fear rejection by the GOP Party as a candidate, and avoid the issue because of it, will they also fear a different kind of stigmatization in the GOP while in office and vote along party lines?

I am certainly not accusing you of not having a backbone (I don't know you to make a judgement). But I will tell you, I would be really interested in your answer if you were asked to clarify your position in public in contrast to the Iraq war during the campaign. Will you waffle? Will you fudge your answer? Will you aim to please the GOP in fear of rejection? Or would you stand by your principles and be fearless? Just something to think about because at some point during your campaign, chances are you are going to be challenged by your opponent to answer that question. Who will you aim to please then? The RP Republican supporters or the GOP Party? Pleasing everyone doesn't seem to be an option.

The hard questions are coming. I don't blame you for putting them off for as long as possible. But if you waffle when painted in the corner and aim to please the GOP Party, this person will be disappointed. Ron Paul does not aim to please the GOP warmongers.

gregl26
02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for your well thought answer. I suspected this was your reasoning for not including strong statements on your website....which brings me to a whole other concern. As a voter (not in your district), I have concerns about well-intentioned RP candidates, once they get into office, as to whether they will have enough backbone to overcome the pressure from their own party once in office. I have no doubt there are many current GOP Congressmen who see the war for what it is.....a huge mistake...and yet they vote along party lines (with the exception of RP and one or two others) to continue funding the war due to immense pressures from inside. Which well-meaning RP Republican candidates have the backbone to withstand the pressure? If they already fear stigmatization of the MSM, and fear rejection by the GOP Party as a candidate, and avoid the issue because of it, will they also fear a different kind of stigmatization in the GOP while in office and vote along party lines?

I am certainly not accusing you of not having a backbone (I don't know you to make a judgement). But I will tell you, I would be really interested in your answer if you were asked to clarify your position in public in contrast to the Iraq war during the campaign. Will you waffle? Will you fudge your answer? Will you aim to please the GOP in fear of rejection? Or would you stand by your principles and be fearless? Just something to think about because at some point during your campaign, chances are you are going to be challenged by your opponent to answer that question. Who will you aim to please then? The RP Republican supporters or the GOP Party? Pleasing everyone doesn't seem to be an option.

The hard questions are coming. I don't blame you for putting them off for as long as possible. But if you waffle when painted in the corner and aim to please the GOP Party, this person will be disappointed. Ron Paul does not aim to please the GOP warmongers.

Another great question. Like I said I am prolonging that as well as I can. I want people to agree with me, help me get petitions, come to like, and trust me so that when these issues get brought up they will respect my answer more. I will seem like one of them instead of a crazy Ron Paul revolutionary. When that confrontation happens though I will resolutely stand my ground. There is no way we can give an inch. People with no true philosophy and that are running just to attain power are the ones who cross the isle and so forth. Those of us running to dismantle power and defend liberty must never give an inch. There is no better role model than Dr. Paul. If elected I will 100% in line with him on all issues. This revolution cannot afford any of us to "waffle".

Hope that anwers your question.

sedele
02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Greg Lewis is my boy!

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/02/07/1107776092_4102.jpg

PatriotOne
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Another great question. Like I said I am prolonging that as well as I can. I want people to agree with me, help me get petitions, come to like, and trust me so that when these issues get brought up they will respect my answer more. I will seem like one of them instead of a crazy Ron Paul revolutionary. When that confrontation happens though I will resolutely stand my ground. There is no way we can give an inch. People with no true philosophy and that are running just to attain power are the ones who cross the isle and so forth. Those of us running to dismantle power and defend liberty must never give an inch. There is no better role model than Dr. Paul. If elected I will 100% in line with him on all issues. This revolution cannot afford any of us to "waffle".

Hope that anwers your question.

Thanks Greg. You are building my confidence in you with your answers to my questions. You sound very genuine in your answers.

While I do not like a person having to play the GOP warmonger game to any extent, I do understand your reasoning...especially that you need to build some respect within the party first.

Ron Paul has set the standard. Ron Paul has reminded many people, who were not already familiar with him, what the standard should be. We are going to hold you accountable to the RP principals, especially if we support your journey into office. We will be watching your votes like a hawk! I have a feeling that whatever pressure the GOP party puts you under is going to be ten-fold blowback from us if they don't mesh with the philosophy of liberty.

Sorry if that sounded like a threat but I just wanted to remind you what a tough crowd you have thrown your hat into the ring for. We mean business dammit :D

I have looked at your website and read through your posts here on the forum. You look very promising to me so far.

What do you think about a question and answer session here on the forums? A more formal one rather than answering questions in multiple threads as they come up. It would give us a chance to get to know you better since your post count here is rather low and give you a chance to hone your answers for any upcoming debates. If we are impressed, it might be a good motivator for us to include you in a money bomb also.

I think we should start doing that for all RP Republican's. Would you be willing to be the test case?

belian78
02-27-2008, 01:27 PM
^^^good question.

nbhadja
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
If neocon supporters start questioning your position on foreign policy just tell them that there is nothing conservative about a trillion dollar war (and or foreign policy).

Or maybe something like "I am against big government spending, domestically and internationally."

Jodi
02-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by PatriotOne
I was just looking over your website Greg. I don't see any statements about the Iraq war so I have a question. Assuming we were still at war in Iraq and you are Congressman, would you vote to continue funding the war?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]That is an excellent question. I agree with Dr. Paul 100% on every issue. I want a non-interventionist foreign policy. I am simply trying to play "smart" politics. In Florida everyone apparently voted for pro-war people. I am therefore focusing on the less controversial issues. The only mention I make to foreign policy on my page is at the bottom of the bullet points where I state; "As you Congressman I will vote to stop policing the world and engaging in nation building". I do not mention RP on my site or in speeches to non-meetups or non-RP people. This is to avoid the stigma the MSM has put on Dr. Paul. I want to tell them the same message that our fearless leader does but avoid their preconcieved sheeple notions of our message.

I'm sorry but I must have missed your answer to PatriotOne's question. I would have thought a yes or no answer would have sufficed.

Sematary
02-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I am going to be speaking at the April 15th Tax Day rally in D.C.. I am very excited about this and cannot wait to see the thousands of patriots that will attend. Murray Sabrin is also speaking so maybe I can wiggle a RP endorsement finally. The Pope is coming into D.C. that day to meet Bush and so 500,000 Catholics will be rallying as well. Hopefully they will be in earshot of our speeches and we can convert them to the revolution. I just wanted to inform you all of the good news. Please consider donating to this campaign as generously and as often as you can. We all know it takes money to do well. I need to hit the $10,000 mark soon as a safeguard against any possible petition problems that may arise.

Oh I just came back from a Republican Executive Committee meeting and the people there we great. They HATE Ric Keller. We just might be able to win this seat in Congress for the revolution.

Thanks,
Greg Lewis
www.greglewisforcongress.com

The rally that Ron Paul called for is on April 15th? How did I miss THAT memo?

DealzOnWheelz
02-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Greg Lewis is my boy!

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/02/07/1107776092_4102.jpg

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!:D

gregl26
02-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Here are some quick answers for the three questions, I will not vote to continue funding the war (sorry I thought that was implied in my response), The April 15th rally is the Tax Day rally sponsored by the GrannyWarriors and is NOT the official one, and yes I would be willing to do a question and answer session.

michaelwise
02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Agreed. I will also bring up the Letters of Marque and Reprisal if asked how I feel about the war etc. I really want to stay away from that issue as long as possible though. I am trying to get people to agree with me, believe in me, and volunteer with me so that if/when that issue comes up they will respect my views better than if I was just a "crazy Ron Paul guy" trying to crash the party. I could of course be wrong in how I am handling the situation but I think in my district that this is the best approach. It is just a difficult situation all around on how to convert the warmongers.
Maybe when questioned on the subject of the Iraq War you could suggest; We need to do a feasibility study on the true capability of Al-Qaeda to inflict damage on our people and property on our side of the of the planet. Find factual answers to the questions, through what means and how much damage could be inflicted. Further, does the War on the manufactured terrorists, due to our Foreign Policy, justify the expense paid in lost soldiers lives and money spent, on this endeavor. Perhaps money spent fighting terrorists abroad would be better spent screening for terrorists coming in through our own borders.

PatriotOne
02-28-2008, 04:47 AM
and yes I would be willing to do a question and answer session.

Thanks Greg. I'll kick it around with the mods/admin to see if they are interested in hosting formal Q&A's and if so, how to make it productive.