PDA

View Full Version : The term "bullsh*t" has been redefined

AJ Antimony
02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0226mccain-poll0226-ON.html

Los Angeles Times
Feb. 26, 2008 05:56 PM

WASHINGTON - Despite Democrats' excitement over the presidential nomination battle between Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, both candidates would lose to presumptive Republican nominee John McCain if the general election were held today, a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll has found.

The findings underscored the dramatic challenges facing Democrats as they hope to retake the White House during a time of war, with voters giving McCain far higher marks when it comes to experience, fighting terrorism and dealing with the situation in Iraq.

Both Obama and Clinton have made ending the war a centerpiece of their campaigns. But in hypothetical matchups against either Democratic senator, about half of voters polled said McCain, a Vietnam veteran, was best able to deal with the war. Just over a third of voters polled favored the Democratic candidates on that issue.

Overall, McCain would beat Clinton 46 percent to 40 percent and Obama 44 percent to 42 percent. His lead over Obama is within the poll's three-point margin of error.

The Arizona senator also scored higher marks than Clinton or Obama for experience and strength. On the issue of "honesty and integrity," he beat Clinton and was tied by Obama. McCain is viewed favorably by 61 percent of all registered voters, including a plurality of Democrats.

And the survey showed McCain's advantages extend even to some domestic issues. On the economy, a subject that McCain has joked about his own lack of expertise, voters picked him over Democratic front-runner Obama as best able to lead by an 8-point margin - 42 percent to 34 percent.

"I just think he's older, he's more experienced, and he's got the betterment of the country in mind," said Robert Fear, 79, a registered Democrat from Newton, Ill., who said he planned to support McCain in November.

On the Democratic side, the survey showed that Obama has succeeded in expanding his coalition, growing his support across all key constituencies in the party.

The Illinois senator now leads Clinton, 48 percent to 42 percent, among Democratic primary voters nationally - a far cry from his double-digit deficits throughout 2007 and in the early weeks of 2008. And, underscoring how quickly Clinton has lost support since voting began in early January, Obama leads the New York senator by nearly 20 points when voters are asked whom they favor now regardless of whom they voted for in their states' primaries or caucuses.

The survey of 1,246 registered voters was conducted Feb. 21-25 under the direction of Times polling director Susan Pinkus.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
*puts head in hands and cries*

lucynuts
02-26-2008, 10:06 PM
These are the polled results if it were held today. However don't forget that McCain can only spend another few million dollars because of his equal funds contract. Also wait and see what kind of attack ads the democrats will throw at McCain I'm sure its gonna get ugly and fast. Nevertheless stay mad and remind yourself of how both parties are literally insulting you're intelligence with the candidates they have backed for president. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both made the top ten judicial watch and Mr. Straight Talk Express has been found in bed with a lobbyist. Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for letting any of this crap happen.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 10:11 PM
No...don't you see? These are not "real" poll results. There is NO way McCrazy could beat Obama. He might come closer to Hillary but I doubt it. The rate of dem voters to repub voters is going to be insane. And for every dem voter who *might* vote for McCain I'll bet there's a repub voter who'd rather vote for Hillary. He cannot win without trickery and cheating. No way. And if the MSM is starting to put out this bs then it means we may very well be having McCrazy as our next President.

I hope he has a stroke before I do. Ugh. The implications of this have ruined my evening. :(

Penners
02-26-2008, 10:26 PM
I posted this on another thread.... take a look at the attack ad on McCain.

https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/1138/t/526/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=1937

While you are there, look at their site and see what they are saying.

McCain is gonna get his ass blasted so hard he won't be able to find it with both hands

AJ Antimony
02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
No...don't you see? These are not "real" poll results. There is NO way McCrazy could beat Obama.

You're absolutely correct and while it's true these are polls for "if it happened today," one can't ignore that in the real elections in November, the results have always been strikingly similar to the MSM polls.

This poll, no matter how inaccurate we know it is, should really scare the hell out of people because of how consistently the MSM polls have been able to determine the winners of past elections.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Kingmakers. Mother F*$#%#$. Excuse my self censoring.

molly_pitcher
02-26-2008, 11:10 PM
You're absolutely correct and while it's true these are polls for "if it happened today," one can't ignore that in the real elections in November, the results have always been strikingly similar to the MSM polls.

This poll, no matter how inaccurate we know it is, should really scare the hell out of people because of how consistently the MSM polls have been able to determine the winners of past elections.

If this happens, maybe it will be the first collaborative http://www.elite-otaku.net/wordpress/wp-images/smilies/icon_wtf.gif that may actually lead somewhere. If an entire community/district says, "impossible", our best hope is the wake-up call this could bring.

AJ Antimony
02-26-2008, 11:54 PM
If this happens, maybe it will be the first collaborative http://www.elite-otaku.net/wordpress/wp-images/smilies/icon_wtf.gif that may actually lead somewhere. If an entire community/district says, "impossible", our best hope is the wake-up call this could bring.

But a wake up call to what exactly is the question.

Doktor_Jeep
02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
John McCain will be beaten so badly I would watch it happen just for the entertainment value.

molly_pitcher
02-27-2008, 01:40 AM
But a wake up call to what exactly is the question.

Right. I guess that would depend on how many sheeple wait for the media spin >_>

bcreps85
02-27-2008, 01:58 AM
I gotta raise the BS flag high on this one...McCain beat Obama? That is laughable at best...don't get me wrong, I hate Obama, but the only person McCain stands a chance of beating is Clinton. That is only because 50% of Dems hate her, just like 50% of Reps hate McCain.

mexicanpizza
02-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Polling can't control for turnout. McCain will get spanked, undoubtedly.

nate895
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Rasmussen has his favorability at 47%, the lowest of any candidate.

revolutionary8
02-27-2008, 10:28 PM
as we once knew it.

amonasro
02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Ahhh good ol' MSM propaganda.

My favorite part is when they interview Robert Fear.

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Just making sure the sheep think he actually has a chance so they'll be none the wiser if he actually does win.

ChickenHawk
02-27-2008, 10:41 PM
McCain will win and probably by a sizable margin. You guys (many of you anyway) don't seem to have clue what the average voter is like. Some of you are the same people who predicted like it was a foregone conclusion that Ron Paul would win by huge margins and that he is the only guy that can beat the Democrats. I know, he would have won if it wasn't for Diebold.:rolleyes: Whether we like it or not McCain is probably ideologically closer to the average American than any presidential candidate in generations. Maybe some scandal will come out or there will be huge issues that will arise that hurt him, but as it is now he will win fairly easily.

revolutionary8
02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
McCain will win and probably by a sizable margin. You guys (many of you anyway) don't seem to have clue what the average voter is like. Some of you are the same people who predicted like it was a foregone conclusion that Ron Paul would win by huge margins and that he is the only guy that can beat the Democrats. I know, he would have won if it wasn't for Diebold.:rolleyes: Whether we like it or not McCain is probably ideologically closer to the average American than any presidential candidate in generations. Maybe some scandal will come out or there will be huge issues that will arise that hurt him, but as it is now he will win fairly easily.

No what's even scarier is that it will be Rick Perry as Veep and McCain will for some reason or another need to leave office. :eek:
and ONE MORE THING- I DO UNDERSTAND what the average voter is like, and they DO NOT WANT MCPAIN.
The Media, and the Elitists DO.
Yet, they have ppl like YOU believing that the Majority of America is insane.

McCain MUST be stopped.

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
No what's even scarier is that it will be Rick Perry as Veep and McCain will for some reason or another need to leave office. :eek:
and ONE MORE THING- I DO UNDERSTAND what the average voter is like, and they DO NOT WANT MCPAIN.

McCain MUST be stopped.

I also fear the TX Governor is the anointed one. :eek:

josephadel_3
02-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Maybe, or maybe everyone else isn't retarded.

ChickenHawk
02-27-2008, 11:36 PM

McCain MUST be stopped.

You are forgetting that the media and the elites are the ones who control the information that people use to form their opinions. Anyway, just wait till November.

revolutionary8
02-27-2008, 11:43 PM
You are forgetting that the media and the elites are the ones who control the information that people use to form their opinions. Anyway, just wait till November.

You are in WA I see.
I understand your cynical view.
It is time?
;)

ChickenHawk
02-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Obama may look like a good bet to win now, but really think about it. Is the average American going to vote for a guy who was a state legislator who managed to get elected to the Senate and has served less than 1 term, has arguably the most liberal voting record of any senator, his middle name is Hussein and half the population thinks he is a closet Muslim? All those things put doubts in people's minds and as much as people want "change" they don't want too much change.

By the way, what's the deal with Rick Perry? I don't know much about him. Is he a total dirt bag?

revolutionary8
02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Obama may look like a good bet to win now, but really think about it. Is the average American going to vote for a guy who was a state legislator who managed to get elected to the Senate and has served less than 1 term, has arguably the most liberal voting record of any senator, his middle name is Hussein and half the population thinks he is a closet Muslim? All those things put doubts in people's minds and as much as people want "change" they don't want too much change.

By the way, what's the deal with Rick Perry? I don't know much about him. Is he a total dirt bag?

Rick Perry- Bush's appointee for Bilderberg 2007.
Texas Governor who is trying to force the Texans to pay for their own enslavement in the Trans Texas Corridor, or the first leg of the NAFTA Super Highway.
Rick Perry also bankrolled the Swift Boat Vets against John Kerry, but never mentioned SKULL N BONES.
HMMMM
he is evil.
pure evil

amonasro
02-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Not so fast, if there's anyone who knows this to be true it's me. Before Ron Paul woke me up, I used to be a hardcore neocon that spouted Hannity talking points at every turn. I didn't really know what was going on in the world but I trusted the media to keep me informed. Conservative talk radio is a formidable force and it reaches more radios every year. That's a huge reason why so many people vote for nonconservative candidates.

I disagree that McCain will win easily though. It's going to be a rough ride for him against Hillary or Obama in the General.

AJ Antimony
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Rick Perry- Bush's appointee for Bilderberg 2007.
Texas Governor who is trying to force the Texans to pay for their own enslavement in the Trans Texas Corridor, or the first leg of the NAFTA Super Highway.
Rick Perry also bankrolled the Swift Boat Vets against John Kerry, but never mentioned SKULL N BONES.
HMMMM
he is evil.
pure evil

I hear Texans are STRONGLY against the NAFTA superhighway. If they have a governor who supports it, why not have a recall?

revolutionary8
02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
I hear Texans are STRONGLY against the NAFTA superhighway. If they have a governor who supports it, why not have a recall?
It's a joke.
look at tpj.org

They have every wrong doing of "the governor" and most Texans want to _____ Perry, yet nothing happens?
Mysterious.
Some day, that luck will change, I just know it. :D

parke
02-28-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0226mccain-poll0226-ON.html

'Advertisements are the only truths to be relied on by newspapers.' Thomas Jefferson

I believe our founders. My loyalty lies with our Constitution, not our government. Since we havent listened to all their warnings... look at the position we are in.

Sad.