PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a civil disobediance rally against the fed reserve on tour the other day

BarryDonegan
08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
i was playing in lynchburg, va, and one of the other bands ran some banter between songs about ron paul. this was a mostly grind/metal/hardcore show with primarily 15-18 year old kids, about 400. it was a one off date for me, the day of the iowa straw poll, and a bunch of kids came up to me due to my known libertarian stance, and asked me to join them the following day in roanoke at a civil disobediance event at their big fair that day, which was taking place in view of some fed. building, protesting the federal reserve.

this was not like a Ron Paul event, to my awareness, just an unrelated anti-fed reserve thing. i think this may have to do with the strong viral presence of zeitgeist(say what you will about its connection to truthers, but myspace kids are freaked out about the federal reserve because of it, and rightfully so!)

bear in mind the type of kids at this underground level are often politically active, and in the past that community was more the Food not Bombs kind of activist, vegan, etc, but now it seems to be gaining an anti fed reserve, defend your civil liberties sortof backbone. this is very encouraging to me, as i have had these kind of feeligns and have existed in this community for 15 or so years, and was never able to find like minds, but it seems that its bordering a majority. on tour ive run into 4 other bands openly promoting ron paul also.

Wyurm
08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
i was playing in lynchburg, va, and one of the other bands ran some banter between songs about ron paul. this was a mostly grind/metal/hardcore show with primarily 15-18 year old kids, about 400. it was a one off date for me, the day of the iowa straw poll, and a bunch of kids came up to me due to my known libertarian stance, and asked me to join them the following day in roanoke at a civil disobediance event at their big fair that day, which was taking place in view of some fed. building, protesting the federal reserve.

this was not like a Ron Paul event, to my awareness, just an unrelated anti-fed reserve thing. i think this may have to do with the strong viral presence of zeitgeist(say what you will about its connection to truthers, but myspace kids are freaked out about the federal reserve because of it, and rightfully so!)

bear in mind the type of kids at this underground level are often politically active, and in the past that community was more the Food not Bombs kind of activist, vegan, etc, but now it seems to be gaining an anti fed reserve, defend your civil liberties sortof backbone. this is very encouraging to me, as i have had these kind of feeligns and have existed in this community for 15 or so years, and was never able to find like minds, but it seems that its bordering a majority. on tour ive run into 4 other bands openly promoting ron paul also.

All I can say to this is (with a massive sigh of relief) FINALLY!!!!!