PDA

View Full Version : Beat the new DIGG algorithm and get on the front page!

Elijah
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Beat the new DIGG algorithm and get on the front page!

http://www.designertoday.com/News/4944/Beat.the.New.Digg.Algorithm.and.Get.on.the.Front.P age.aspx

Good stuff. Bookmark and bump.

libertythor
02-26-2008, 07:08 PM
That is similar to what I have done. Also as stories make the front page, you end up with about 6 new friends for each popular submission. :)

JordanQ72
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Summary: Spend 8+ hours A DAY on digg finding people that will digg your submission.

Obviousness factor: infinity+1

The point he misses, is that he doesn't actually understand the algorithm at all. His articles are just as easily buryable as anyone else's. The reason he was successful, A FEW TIMES, was that people that never mass voted for his submissions before did. Well duh it's going to get front paged. Also, luck. For someone that claims to have an inside track on all this, he sure has limited success to show for it.

I would like to see him after that having THE EXACT SAME people spam voting his other submissions in a tight timeframe from the same referral link. Oh right, that doesn't work, because the algorithm catches that.

libertythor
02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
He is definitely missing the other part of the equation: Finding where people might be interested in it and telling them.

I am sure that is how Mrbabyjr (The SuperDigger) gets on the front page 4 times a day.

Summary: Spend 8+ hours A DAY on digg finding people that will digg your submission.

Obviousness factor: infinity+1

The point he misses, is that he doesn't actually understand the algorithm at all. His articles are just as easily buryable as anyone else's. The reason he was successful, A FEW TIMES, was that people that never mass voted for his submissions before did. Well duh it's going to get front paged. Also, luck. For someone that claims to have an inside track on all this, he sure has limited success to show for it.

I would like to see him after that having THE EXACT SAME people spam voting his other submissions in a tight timeframe from the same referral link. Oh right, that doesn't work, because the algorithm catches that.

constituent
02-26-2008, 07:36 PM
lol. beat digg by getting more active on digg?

that's like beating fox by watching them more (ya know, just to
keep "your eye on" what they're saying).

Cowlesy
02-26-2008, 07:40 PM

that's like beating fox by watching them more (ya know, just to
keep "your eye on" what they're saying).

hahahahaha,

Q.F.T.

libertythor
02-26-2008, 07:40 PM

Writing juicy headlines is another key. :)

Some examples of my front page submissions:

Prodigy Of Rap Group Mobb Deep Speaks On Obama And Paul (Notice that I mentioned Obama first, even though Prodigy endorses Paul in the video. :D )

US Dollar - Biggest Weekly Drop for 2008 - Prognosis Bad

Now Official: Iran Opened Its 1st Oil Products Bourse

Over 400,000 unauthorized iPhones on China Mobile!

Bush: Seize the property of those not of our vision in Iraq!

US Gov to Use Spy Satellites Domestically-Big Brother Coming

Recent Fed Rate Cut No Good, Bernanke Proposes Another Cut

AND THE DINGER

McCain Sponsored S. 1003, Removal of Navajo Lands - Genocide

speciallyblend
02-26-2008, 07:44 PM
digg can kiss my _____ ,delete your account thats what i did screw them less traffic

LibertiORDeth
02-26-2008, 08:02 PM
http://digg.com/comedy/Why_I_ll_never_make_Digg_Popular_2

Most dug on the site :D