PDA

View Full Version : New March Announcement from HQ 2/26

Billy Budd
02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Freedom March Update

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/2008/02/26/freedom-march-update/

A quick update on the upcoming freedom march. The Freedom March Committee has been evaluating suggestions from a huge volume of supporter e-mails and has been reporting to Dr. Paul. With the Texas presidential and congressional primary races at the center of Dr. Paul’s attention through March 4, it will be a while yet before a firm date and plan for the march are selected. In the meantime, you can send additional ideas here, as the committee prepares supplemental materials for Dr. Paul.

Please note that several independent organizations have made plans for marches of their own. These marches are not affiliated with Ron Paul or his campaign. When plans for the Ron Paul march are solidified, the announcement will be made here and through other official channels.

Andrew76
02-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Man, I hope it's just logistical stuff that's keeping them from making up their minds already. The sooner we get a date for this march, the sooner we can start spreading the word. If they wait until summer, it will be too damn late. We need to do something NOW so we can generate some fresh interest and enthusiasm.

fedup100
02-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Can they stall any longer? I guess someone in the campaign is laughing at how hard it is to kill this old bird called the grassroots.

Can't help but notice the interest in the thread....people are tricked out and fed up.

flames2dust77
02-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Can they stall any longer? I guess someone in the campaign is laughing at how hard it is to kill this old bird called the grassroots.

Can't help but notice the interest in the thread....people are tricked out and fed up.

yes...i believe people are losing interest rather quickly. once a date is set...hopefully we can get ppl excited again.:(

Cinderella
02-27-2008, 08:22 AM
its funny because when they announced a march they were the ones who said it has to be done asap within a couple months etc....now were all sitiing on our thumbs waiting to hear from them....

WilliamC
02-27-2008, 08:29 AM
It's only February, Ron Paul's Congressional Primaries are over March 4th, let him get those out of the way.

I still like June 21st as a date, Constitution was legally ratified, it's Summer so the school kids will be out, it's a Saturday, no other holiday to compete with the media attention (if any) and still plenty of time to plan for it.

What is it with everyone expecting the rEVOLution to be over in a week, or a month, or a year, or their lifetimes anyway?

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. The rEVOLution must last forever lest tyranny raise it's ugly head again.

PatriotOne
02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Be patient everybody. There are so many things that go into organizing these types of events if they are doing it right. Many things to coordinate that would effect the date of the March. It sounds to me they are goinng to make this a wonderful event since they are taking so long to work out the details. People take 6 mos to a year just to organize an elaborate wedding with 300 guests!

Just because everyone doesn't know what all is going on behind the scenes doesn't mean there isn't a beehive of activity.

Be patient!

VRP08
02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I think once we have a date, the motivation will show up quickly! This is when people will be jumping in left and right to give their 2 cents

pinkmandy
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
It's only February, Ron Paul's Congressional Primaries are over March 4th, let him get those out of the way.

I still like June 21st as a date, Constitution was legally ratified, it's Summer so the school kids will be out, it's a Saturday, no other holiday to compete with the media attention (if any) and still plenty of time to plan for it.

What is it with everyone expecting the rEVOLution to be over in a week, or a month, or a year, or their lifetimes anyway?

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. The rEVOLution must last forever lest tyranny raise it's ugly head again.

QFT.

Motivation isn't gone. Everyone will be fired up once the date is announced. In the meantime there are better things to do than post on a million threads about the march on the board. You want RP to be our leader, then step off your personal agendas and let him do it.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
what about just organizing it ourself? i know someone on here was starting to (at least i thought). can we get everything in order and then just invite the national campaign to OUR event?

Bruno
02-27-2008, 04:28 PM
what about just organizing it ourself? i know someone on here was starting to (at least i thought). can we get everything in order and then just invite the national campaign to OUR event?

No, because it won't be a sanctioned event. Let HQ set the date.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

Cleaner44
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
The March to Restore the Constitution 6/21/2008

JohnnyWrath
02-28-2008, 01:50 AM

I agree 100%...we discussed it many times, and in my opinion this date is the best for the largest turnout.

Listen, Ron Paul is not going to win the Republican nomination....I'm sorry, I have been with you guys the whole ride...love ya' all, we did our best, but truth is truth...doing this earlier in the belief that we must act quick if we are going to secure the nomination for Ron Paul...I just don't understand. I prefer we march for liberty and the constitution in the name of Ron Paul...and invite as many groups who believe in liberty, freedom, and the constitution as we can...not just those who want Ron Paul elected as we do...

Just my opinions....I want it to be huge, something people will talk about for years, and that those who attended will remember for their entire lives.

Sarge
02-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Another suggestion when the March should take place,

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2934.html

It does make some sense.

Cleaner44
02-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Another suggestion when the March should take place,

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2934.html

It does make some sense.

I must agree, this idea is good, very good...

GayRPFan
02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
I must agree, this idea is good, very good...

+1
Yes, yes, St Paul will be March in (St. Paul)! Hallelujah!!!

We are trav'ling in the footsteps
Of those who've gone before,
And we'll all be reunited,
On a new and sunlit shore,
Oh, when the saints go marching in
Oh, when the saints go marching in
Lord, how I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in
And when the sun refuse to shine
And when the sun refuse to shine
When the sun refuse to shine
And when the moon turns red with blood
And when the moon turns red with blood
When the moon turns red with blood
Oh, when the trumpet sounds its call
Oh, when the trumpet sounds its call
When the trumpet sounds its call
Some say this world of trouble,
Is the only one we need,
But I'm waiting for that morning,
When the new world is revealed.

Carole
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
I was listening to RP Revolution Radio and heard a gentleman speaking about a march. He happened to mention that some would have the west lawn of the white house, but he also mentioned that around the country people would gather at post offices among other buildings.

The post office is a private business and no longer has any connection with the government. This has been so for a number of years, so I am wondering why people would gather at post offices if it is private property.

Just thought I would mention it as private property might require some special approval by the owners as a gathering place.

G-Wohl
02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Motivation isn't gone; there's just not much the grassroots can do. When RP gets the permits, he can announce the date. When they announce the date, the planning can begin (which will be largely grassroots-operated).

PaulTriumph
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
I've given the date of the march alot of thought, but after reading this thread, I'm more convinced that the June 21st date is a good idea. In addition to the Constitution day links, it is also (almost) right in between now and the convention.

Now, as we have already seen, alot can happen in a few short months, and a few (or even ONE) big revelation can change the course of the campaign. We have already seen how ONE such revelation about McCain has begun to give the GOP establishment a serious case of "buyer's remorse". Remember when RP eluded to expecting some big surprises in the future...? My guess is we haven't seen anything yet (and that includes Hill/Obama too)

Now, I've been trying to wrap my head around what the Dr's plans might be. I do believe he has to "Take Care of Business" in his district before any major new moves are made, and although it's hard to be patient, I've tried to have faith in his judgement. I think it's obvious that the nomination isn't going to be won in the old conventional way- the MSM has made sure that the average voter didn't have enough exposure to RP to make a rational choice.

BUT, as has been explained in this thread, that DOESN'T mean that McCain has a lock on the nomination. Count up all the unpledged delegates, plus the Romney, Huck, Fred and Rudy delegates... PLUS add a few months to let the GOP base STEW in that buyer's remorse- and we have the ingredients for a PERFECT STORM by say, the middle of June.

I want to point out that I'm no insider and these are jus tmy own thoughts, but given RP's previous success and his current lay-low tactics, my guess is there's some wily strategy brewing in that man's mind. Again, just a guess, but our task as foot soldiers in this movement is to wait for orders from our CiC, keep our schedules open for the official details, and especially make sure those donations don't slow down. The rest will unfold before our eyes, and we'll be there ready to take part.

dax702
02-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Having read Devvy Kidd's article today, the more I think about it, what she says makes sense. There will be media from around the world there and that is a good thing. I'm for the march at the convention instead of D.C.

Pauls' Revere
02-29-2008, 08:54 PM
where is the "hold" thread for the march?

BigRedBrent
02-29-2008, 09:39 PM
The rEVOLution must last forever lest tyranny raise it's ugly head again.

QFT

HOLLYWOOD
03-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Maybe Campaign HQ are getting the Marketing side coordinated first; National TV/radio ads, a slew of PR appearances, other independent group unity, democracy and advocacy groups, yotta yotta?

Then again, this is still the same OLE RP CAMPAIGN STAFF... slow as an Elephant, dumb as a door knob.

newyearsrevolution08
03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I hope you are right, I would love the official campaign to put something GREAT together at least once. I honestly think that if he had a real solid campaign manager that the freedom message itself could have been sold correctly to be allowed in the msm.

I am sure something could have been thought of to keep ron paul in the "general likability" and not in the "longshot" category.

I really think if he would have had a campaign manager get a speaking coach as well as get his speeches written for him to really gotv.

He is just too honest and nice a man. Sometimes I wish we as the grassroots should have stepped in once we saw those shitty tv ads. The only successful things done were done by the grassroots campaign. All the tv exposure he got was mainly due to us bombing all news media asking for them to play and show him.

I really think we should have stepped in and got ron paul to fire his entire ad campaign and find a way to make it a "Grassroots" funded deal. We could have gotten him elected if we had the millions of dollars to work with. I know we would have gotten some bad ass tv ads done and many more millions would have continued donating due to it being a grassroots effort that I think would have really worked.

We could have gotten top notch marketing teams that have been proven to succeed. All I heard from ron pauls camp is that he had the same guy that he lost with in his last presidential campaign. No offense but why would you keep a person who was part of the crew that did not get you a successful win.

I hope that if HQ is doing this, they actually do it correctly. To me I still feel they were running ads that were based in the 80's or sooner. They were always outdated and never got the point across.

Come on HQ get it together if you are going to do this march and if you feel you cant please let us know so we can get it setup correctly.

hrdman2luv
03-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Here are a few things to think about.

If we wait until summer, after John McCain is showing that he is incapable of winning the general election, the GOP leadership will not change their minds. They will not admit defeat. And they will not suddenly have a change of heart, adn decide to push RP, anti-war bid to keep the GOP in the White House.

If we wait until summer, those who are for Ron Paul, but not so interested in politics, will lose faith either in RP or the whole system.

If we wait until summer, more and more people will think that RP isn't even still in the race.

If we wait, we will be as dumb as dubya was for waiting 2 months to invade Afghanistan.

We need to not wait on HQ, or for some certain date that means something else.

We need to do it at the end of this month. (March) To heck with HQ. They haven't made many right decisions so far, so why wait on them to make another wrong decision. Everything that has been right so far, has been done by supporters. Not HQ.

And the day should not signify any other day. It should not be a day of celebration for the ratification of the constitution, or or for any other day. It should be for Ron Paul only. There only needs to be attention for Ron Paul on this day.

zeegrim
03-04-2008, 11:49 PM
We need to not wait on HQ, or for some certain date that means something else.

We need to do it at the end of this month. (March) To heck with HQ. They haven't made many right decisions so far, so why wait on them to make another wrong decision. Everything that has been right so far, has been done by supporters. Not HQ.

Have fun getting people to go with less than a month's notice.
I for one wouldn't be swayed, I'd only be able to do it in the Summer.

wowabunga
03-05-2008, 12:08 AM
If we wait until summer, those who are for Ron Paul, but not so interested in politics, will lose faith either in RP or the whole system.

And the day should not signify any other day. It should not be a day of celebration for the ratification of the constitution, or or for any other day. It should be for Ron Paul only. There only needs to be attention for Ron Paul on this day.

I have a hard time "celebrating" what no longer exists.

As to losing interest in politics... that's what got us into this mess to begin with LOL...!

kahless
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
The problem is not only just with finalizing the March. Where is the official statement on the campaign site about the 3/4 primaries?

scotto2008
03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Virtually all public and private schools will be out by June 21. That's a big plus if this is a family friendly march.