PDA

View Full Version : So You Want To Buy An Island?

Tenbatsu
02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
So you want to buy an island?

This is how I think we should do it.

1. Pick The Perfect Island

First thing is first, we need to pick an island, one preferably under the jurisdiction of a democratic country. The island we pick must be at least 30 feet above sea level. Most uninhabited islands are very low and susceptible to mass flooding during a hurricane or other types of turbulent weather. We do not want one good storm to destroy everything we have worked for.

The more acreage the better. With an island real estate will always be an issue so let's try to get one with more than enough property for several thousand people. If we can be picky we should also find an island with some natural resources, especially lumber.

We must take our time picking our island as once we get the ball rolling it's going to be very hard to stop. We have to make sure its the best island that we can get for our money.

Also, I would like to remind you all that almost all of these private islands for sale are real estate purchases of property controlled by sovereign nations.

If we are going to buy one of these islands we will have to eventually declare our independence from them. But we will cross that bridge when it comes.

2. We need to create our own set of laws and a step by step order of operations

We will have to make up our laws for this country. No one is going to donate to a micronation project if they do not know what type of Government we are going to have. The law creation process needs to be as open source as possible. The more people who give their input the better.

Before we start collecting money for this project we must, to the best of our abilities, have an exact order of operations and break down of the costs for this project. In other words we should try estimate how high the mountain is before we climb it. Also this will help us to allocate the money efficiently in order to stream line the process.

3. Get the ball rolling!

We will have to setup a website so we can get donations rolling. We should enlist terra eclipse (http://www.terraeclipse.com), the company that constructed Ron Paul's websites, to build the site. Their real time donation widget is ridiculously awesome and they have a good eye for web design.

Once we get the site rolling, we will need a company or an entity of sorts that we can trust to control our funds and donations. This could be the Ron Paul blimp team or maybe someone else, Larry Lepard? I'll let you all figure that out.

4. Acquire allies and organize them

Next we need to find allies to spread the word. Of course we have our Ron Paul network but we will have to extend further than that for this to be successful.

One external entity that we should enlist should be the Pirate Bay. I'm sure some of you have your reservations about them, but trust me, they will be an indispensable ally in the long term. They tried to buy the micronation of sealand by themselves but could not raise enough money. Their connections and sway on the Internet are unmatched and they will be able get our word out to the type of people that are tired of the government interfering with their lives.

Once we get some allies together we must start organized money bombs to raise money for this project. The total cost of this project could be into the hundreds of millions by the time we're finished so people are going to have to dig deep if they want this to be a success. Perhaps we could invest our collective money in the stock market to make this easier? These are things we can decide down the road.

5. Island Infrastructure

So let's say we raise a fair amount of capital and purchase the island. Now the very first thing we will have to do will be to setup a power grid. Without a consistent energy source this will never get off the ground. Wind energy will be a good option as we will want to be completely independent from other nations as possible. Turbines can also be placed offshore to conserve our real estate so wind energy should be our best option.

We will also need under water cables to connect our island to the rest of the world via the Internet. I'm not sure where or how to go about this but we must stay connected to the rest of the world.

Once we get electricity the rest of the infrastructure should fall into place over time. We will definitely need a ferry service to and from the island. Again, not sure how to do this but it will be necessary.

6. Independence

Finally, once everything is together and our infrastructure is in place and we have successfully populated the island, we will have to declare our independence from the country that owns our land. During the construction phase we must keep an open and amicable relationship with the hosting nation. It will benefit us in the long run. Hopefully this will be a peaceful agreement between the two nations and one without bloodshed and hostility.

Conclusion

Hopefully I have given you all a basic plan for success. But as always, a plan is only as good as its execution. Feel free to add anything. I will update this main post as we go.

Richie
02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Wouldn't satalite communications and internet be easier and more affordable then cables under the sea?

dust of nations
02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
stop entertaining this idea. it's complete bullshit.
it goes against everything a revolution is. we can defeat the system from within.
instead of living in a fantasy world, we should be educating ourselves on the ideas of freedom, spreading the message of liberty and running for public office.

any idea like this diverts funds, and man power from the real revolution. the money that would be raised towards buying a tropical island could be used to promote and campaign dozens if not hundreds of local officials and a handful of governors, senators, congressman, etc.

we can succeed in returning our country to it's founding ideals and morals, but not if we divert our attention, to nothing short of retarded, ideas.

mediahasyou
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
If you build it, they will come.

I don't plan on leaving to an island anytime soon, but if it becomes bad enough here we need a safehouse nation to save liberty.

piotr1
02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
we already started our own forum!

join us at, http://libertyisland.netfreehost.com/index.php?mforum=libertyisland

!!!