PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul supporters SHOULDN’T apologize for

Dave Wood
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Incredible article, uplifting.

http://thecrossedpond.com/?p=1270

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
He wraps it up perfectly, ties it with love, and seals it with joy. If you're feeling down about the campaign at this moment, this is a must read to reignite your passion.

NoxTwilight
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks so much for posting that. I will be quoting this article a lot.

Enthusiasm! PASSION! who would have thought that could happen about a politician today!

Love this:

"they don’t grok the JOY of it"

What's that saying that whomever has the biggest mike and the loudest voice generally gets listened to and believed most? Something like that. Well, we have the loudest voices, we just need a bigger mike :D

AMack
08-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow that really was an incredible article. There's nothing wrong with loudly voicing our support. But lets always remember that we must be polite to others because we are trying to convert them to our cause.

Revolution9
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow that really was an incredible article. There's nothing wrong with loudly voicing our support. But lets always remember that we must be polite to others because we are trying to convert them to our cause.

They better be damned polite to us as well. We are going to hand deliver their country back to them whether they want it or not. I wonder about that often.

Best
Randy

Dutch
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
The squeeky wheel gets the grease :D

Dutch

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
They better be damned polite to us as well. We are going to hand deliver their country back to them whether they want it or not. I wonder about that often.

Maybe we can tell them that, AFTER, we win.

Dave Wood
08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
The squeeky wheel gets the grease :D

Dutch

That is gospel level truth, works in every business, every time, even politics!!

KEEP IT UP! ITS WORKING!

Even Sean Hannity and Limbaugh sound different nowadays, always talking about the constitution, freedom, republicans going back to their core values.

Hell, I thought Limbaugh was going to blow his lid this afternoon about the cigg/cigar smoking issues!!!! I mean it, he was pissed, get out ouf my life he said, I have had enough of this govt knows how to live your life better than you B.S. That wasnt the only issue and the callers even sound different, talking about the founders........HMMMMM where do you think that came from????

BlindD
08-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Best
Randy

Well said, Randy!!!
There will always be many against liberty, strange as that may seem to us. Indeed, it may be a majority in our own country who fight against freedom and liberty. They know not what they do.
We can always remember this from our own history:
"Second, the American Revolutionary War was a civil war. Rather than a country united against the British, Americans were divided over whether the colonies should leave the British empire. We now know that in every part of the United States, but especially in the South after 1778 (when the British transferred its military operations to that region), Americans fought Americans. Sometimes, American family members fought each other, as fathers sided with the British and sons with the Americans (or visa versa). Historians now believe that 40% percent of Americans were patriots; 20% were Loyalists, who supported the British; and 20% were neutral, preferring to be left alone during the hostilities. Almost 18,000 Loyalists actually joined the British army and fought against Americans. These conflicts were often extremely violent and bitter, reminiscent of ethnic conflicts between Serbians and Bosnians today."

This comes from: http://revolution.h-net.msu.edu/essays/carp.html

Bottom line - most are timid. Some are open to persuasion. Some get it right away. The biggest asset is that highly committed people put out very strong, positive energy. THAT'S what affects all who are affectable. It's contagious.

Marshall
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Although supporters of each candidate applauded with approval after their man spoke, Paul’s group seemed disproportionately louder and more obnoxious.

That sort of made me giggle. I guess they would've preferred if there was the sound of crickets after everything he said.

gtjwkq
08-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Maybe RP supporters were considered obnoxious because they kept shouting "Ron Paul" over and over (I'd get tired of that). That's why whe should shout more clever lines about Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12081). :)

Roxi
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
No. REAL enthusiasm. The kind of enthusiasm that compels you to ride from South Dakota to Ames on a motorcycle in order to have the privilege of passing out campaign literature for eight hours in the hot sun in exchange for no money. The kind that causes you to attend campaign events not out of a sense of duty, or responsibility or to be a team player, but for the same reasons you would go to a movie or a sporting event. It’s not where you HAVE to be, it’s where you WANT to be.

my favorite paragraph, hits the nail right on the head huh?

Maybe RP supporters were considered obnoxious because they kept shouting "Ron Paul" over and over (I'd get tired of that). That's why whe should shout more clever lines about Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12081). :)

actually there were some pretty clever things being chanted... "were not paid staffers" , "were not just the internet" , "say yes to dr. no" and several other things too

klamath
08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Good article! The last time I saw this enthusiasm was in 1976 republican convention. A little over a thousand delegates blowing their horns and being called obnoxious by Ford delegates. I wonder if Ron Paul still has his horn.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-15-2007, 09:06 PM
What keeps me going is that I don't want to have to look back in ten years or at the end of my life and wonder if I could have done something when I had the chance. This way, even if all fails, I'll know I tried. I can't NOT do everything I can. Well, of course there's more I could be doing.

jj111
08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Historians now believe that 40% percent of Americans were patriots; 20% were Loyalists, who supported the British; and 20% were neutral, preferring to be left alone during the hostilities.

Is it just me, or does that not add up to 100%?

inibo
08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
You wind up loving those guys, because when they look at a humble country doctor from East Texas, they see what you see. They hope what you hope. They yell what you yell.

PASSION!