PDA

View Full Version : Approval Voting

cbc58
02-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Anyone heard of this before ?

http://www.approvalvoting.org

Kludge
02-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Would be a hell of a lot easier for a third party to get the election this way...

Cleaner44
02-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Wow, this seems like a cool, simple solution. Things like this are why we need to stay within the Republican party. We need to open up our voting and move away from the monopoly that the Dems and GOP have right now. If we work within the GOP we can open the system up.

Cleaner44
02-26-2008, 04:45 PM
We could probably work within our states to put this in place at least for primaries. I am sure there would be resisitance but still, it needs to be done. I would love to see NH lead the way and prove how this is better.

nate895
02-26-2008, 07:18 PM
We could probably work within our states to put this in place at least for primaries. I am sure there would be resisitance but still, it needs to be done. I would love to see NH lead the way and prove how this is better.

That might be a good idea, get New Hampshire to do it, and then everyone else does what they do when everyone in NH loves it, and some "second-tier" candidate wins (possibly). This system also makes it much harder to poll since you have people voting for multiple candidates.