PDA

View Full Version : Bill Moyers, News Media is Ravenous, and never gets enough!

hope7134
02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
http://www.democracynow.org/2007/1/16/bill_moyers_big_media_is_ravenous

Canadiandude
02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Very inspiring read. I just may have to buy the book "Digital Destiny," it sounds like it could be excellent as well!

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Bill Moyers is the man. If your PBS station ever fails to broadcast him, let us know so we can email bomb them. He must be preserved.

Geronimo
02-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Bill Moyers is for the other team.

jamiewonder
02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm so tired of these CFR shills masquerading as instruments of truth and/or leaders of the people.

It is not easy, but when you are able to see how Moyers vectors rhetoric and crafts misinfo, then you are certainly in the advanced stages of the wake-up process. He's very very good.

I don't think we have a damn "honest" media personality left, whether in MSM, alternative or internet media. They've all either been groomed or co-opted. I betcha everyone of your favorite media personalities has you convinced they are the real thing. Well, they aren't.

"Real" personalities can't get distribution, the controls are so well developed that it is simply not possible. It's basically word-of-mouth if you wanna get thru this cesspool.

constitutional
02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm so tired of these CFR shills masquerading as instruments of truth and/or leaders of the people.

It is not easy, but when you are able to see how Moyers vectors rhetoric and crafts misinfo, then you are certainly in the advanced stages of the wake-up process. He's very very good.

I don't think we have a damn "honest" media personality left, whether in MSM, alternative or internet media. They've all either been groomed or co-opted. I betcha everyone of your favorite media personalities has you convinced they are the real thing. Well, they aren't.

I don't think Bill Moyers roots for the elite cause. He does speak and encourage a lot of truth.

jamiewonder
02-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't think Bill Moyers roots for the elite cause. He does speak and encourage a lot of truth.
Grow up!

I'm tired of having to push people thru each damn breakthrough.

If you want to know the truth, then you better be open to ALL explanations for everything. If you're going to sit there and deny what is in front of your face, then good luck.

And don't talk to me if you haven't studied Military Information Operations (IO). Until you understand that, you're in the dark. There's plenty of material on the web, go educate yourselves.

Red Dingo
02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Grow up!

I'm tired of having to push people thru each damn breakthrough.

If you want to know the truth, then you better be open to ALL explanations for everything. If you're going to sit there and deny what is in front of your face, then good luck.

And don't talk to me if you haven't studied Military Information Operations (IO). Until you understand that, you're in the dark. There's plenty of material on the web, go educate yourselves.

He gave Ron Paul one of the best interviews. He also tore into Rupert Murdoch and the like for buying out more and more media outlets to gain more control of the public.
Maybe he has flaws, different political views; maybe he is a shill. But the above two points go against what the rest of the MSM are up to.
I don't know lots about Moyers but I'm prepared to give him benefit of doubt until I see otherwise.
C'mon, other than Jack Cafferty and a couple local fox news groups who gave Ron Paul an enthusiastic reception (I can't believe I just complemented Fox), there is no one left!! Well, not on MSM

Give me liberty
02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Why does anyone here think he is a shill.

an.old.analyst
02-26-2008, 08:23 PM
He gave Ron Paul one of the best interviews. He also tore into Rupert Murdoch and the like for buying out more and more media outlets to gain more control of the public.
Maybe he has flaws, different political views; maybe he is a shill. But the above two points go against what the rest of the MSM are up to.
I don't know lots about Moyers but I'm prepared to give him benefit of doubt until I see otherwise.
C'mon, other than Jack Cafferty and a couple local fox news groups who gave Ron Paul an enthusiastic reception (I can't believe I just complemented Fox), there is no one left!! Well, not on MSM
He's a vector leader. His roles is to herd the schmeople into vectors, so that their thoughts stay within predefined containers. His primary target are politically correct whites who are left-leaning.

JW has a point, you can't intelligently comment if you don't understand how information delivery works, how you're manipulated. You need tools to defend yourself from planted thoughts. Otherwise, you will find yourself parroting thoughts that are not your own and not even realize it.

Tdcci
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I think you're being paranoid. Bill Moyers is personally a liberal, but that does not carry into the work. Similarly, Ron Paul does not let his personal views on social issues become federal law. Bill Moyers is very objective, and you will find that when he has a guest on, he does not verbally assault them like Bill O'Reilly, he lets them speak and asks good questions.