View Full Version : Jesse Ventura???

jason43
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
How do people feel about Jesse Ventura?

Moderate libertarian minded...

Advantages:

1)Well known.
2)Knows internet fundraising.
3)Is in line with most of our platform (possible exception abortion).
4)Served as an executive of a state.
5)military veteran.
6)already outside party politics, no 'loyalty' issues.
7)experience with 3rd party campaigning.
8)um... US, duh. Most importantly an already built up network of grassroots support, should we rally behind him.
9)was in Predator... kidding, but that gattling gun was pretty sweet.

Disadvantages:

1) He is running third party.
2) Some revolutionaries might not like him or keep voting for Paul without Paul giving a direct endorcement.
3) he tends to think aloud and can sometimes piss off reporters... but then again, who likes reporters.

seeker1
02-26-2008, 02:02 PM
But, then again, I like in your face kind of politicians that promote personal liberty. :cool:

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-26-2008, 02:10 PM
He would be the best third party candidate there could be this year, aside from Ron Paul himself. Third Party under someone who has actually won a major office, like Ventura did as MN Governor, shouldn't be looked at as a disadvantage, just a tougher battle. If anything, carrying the terrible (R)epublican label next to your name is virtually cutting your own throat this year.

The GOP establishment has no idea how badly it's hated by anyone other than the ~30% of registered Republicans, after running the country into the ground the last eight years. I believe running as a Republican has even gotten Ron Paul less support than he might otherwise have received without the dreaded GOP label.

In lieu of no Ron Paul, Ventura would be a great alternative, if only he could be convinced to run.

DFF
02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I'd be cool if he ran...and then during a debate broke out ol' painless from Predator and mowed down all the other candidates. :D

MRoCkEd
02-26-2008, 02:15 PM
i'd vote for him

Banana
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't he say something about leaving the country if things went south?

Primbs
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Where was Jesse during the primary?

jmdrake
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
He'd get my support (assuming present trends continue and Ron Paul neither gets the nomination nor decides to run third party.)

http://www.voters4ventura.com

Bruno
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Somehow I think his role as a former Governor combined with his strong personality would make him hard for the media to ignore.

Paul/Ventura?

That would work for a Republican ticket or an Independant ticket, whichever the future holds.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-26-2008, 02:38 PM
He's kinda cool in my book, I got to respect him on his commentary on MSNBC back when the Iraq war was new. I've been wondering where he's been ever since tho, anybody know?

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I think I'll spend the summer circulating a petition that will get Dr. Paul on the ballot in my state with or without the G.O.P.

I've had enough of semi-literate presidents.