PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Vermont

AlbemarleNC0003
02-26-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080226/NEWS01/802260308/1009/NEWS05

McCain has 73% in the polls? A decent article nonetheless. tv ads are being run.

seeker1
02-26-2008, 01:53 PM
"radio and newspaper ads running around the state -- all organized and funded by Paul supporters in Vermont without help from Paul's national campaign office."

Oh well, they are contesting in all the primaries. Whatever that means. :cool:

LittleLightShining
02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
All I have to say is that if the CAMPAIGN would spend a little MONEY here we would be doing a lot better than the 11% they give us. Instead we raise bits of money on our own to fund advertising. I have mentioned this elsewhere on these forums but advertising is ridiculously cheap here, especially if you target the ads to the conservatives... Even Obama is advertising his messages to conservatives-- on the radio shows we have advertising (and can only afford to play 10 ads and possibly another 5 if we neglect print media) I hear an Obama ad-- the same endorsement from Patrick and Marcelle Leahy EVERY DAY. I can assure you that the listeners of that show are NOT voting for him. But he's smart and his campaign is being run efficiently. The guy is EVERYWHERE.

This article only makes me more frustrated as one of the folks referenced. I'm sure everyone the reporter talked to (including myself) had important things to say that were disregarded in favor of repetitive paragraphs about advertising projects-- the least he could do was tell people how to contact us if they wanted to help. But at least Ron Paul's face is on the front page.

Please comment on this article.

slacker921
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
how do those of us from outside of VT donate for the ads? I haven't seen a chipin anywhere.. it's probably too late anyway. sigh...

I would donate some to the Paul campaign but last I heard they were sitting on $6M and not advertising at all in VT and no plans to advertise in other states.

LittleLightShining
02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
We haven't done a chip-in. I naively thought that the campaign would actually do something in VT. I had asked for help on other threads but I think people must have thought it was a scam or just weren't interested. Our primary is on Tuesday so all of our ads need to be aired between now and then and our print ads need to be submitted by Thurs. 2/28 to be published in time. I think it's too late now, unless someone wanted to send the radio shows money directly so they can air the ads more often. PM me for more info if you are interested.