PDA

View Full Version : Found another RP running for congress in MI

limequat
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Ted McAvoy is running as an independent for the 11th district in MI. That makes 3 in MI if Rhys runs!

http://www.tedmcavoyforuscongress.com/

Let's go MI, I want to see a clean slate for all of our congressional spots!

Yom
02-26-2008, 12:57 PM
We need to convince these guys to go Republican. I hate what the party is today as much as the next guy, but Independents don't win elections. It's much easier to take over the Republican party through being more dedicated than them than to win as a 3rd party or independent.

limequat
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
We need to convince these guys to go Republican. I hate what the party is today as much as the next guy, but Independents don't win elections. It's much easier to take over the Republican party through being more dedicated than them than to win as a 3rd party or independent.

This guy doesn't have much of a choice, as the incumbant is a republican. But I agree with your sentiment.

dawnbt
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Where is the 11th district?

mczerone
02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
I've thought about running in MI - but I'm going to be going into Law school in the fall. It can wait until the next cycle.

Equally bad - I've considered running as a Republican, but I'm in a heavy D district. I could only win a seat by staying Independent. We'll see what the landscape is when I run.

nullvalu
02-26-2008, 01:43 PM
We've got 3 RPR's running here in Northwest Indiana.

one guy running for US House, 1st Cong District

2 people running for Indiana State Reps, dist's 4 & 19.

limequat
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Where is the 11th district?

If you're familiar with the detroit metro area, it's canton, livonia, novi, westland, etc.

NerveShocker
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
The website could use some work but the little info there was showed he really knows his stuff. Also he has been fighting in the "War on Terror" and is totally against Iraq so nobody can try to say he's against the troops by being against Iraq. (Which is ridiculous anyways). He could stand a chance and most importantly he really knows the problems facing this country.