PDA

View Full Version : Ron's friends in the house need support

limequat
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
We have friends in the house. Maybe not allies, but friends. I was looking through the legislation that Paul has sponsored and noticed that few names kept popping up as co-sponsors.

I was looking at the more radical proposals like eliminating the IRS, getting us out of UN, etc. I think these people deserve our consideration and possibly our support (in reverse order of importance).

Rep Davis, Geoff [KY-4] - 6/22/2005
Rep Davis, Jo Ann [VA-1] - 2/10/2005
Rep Flake, Jeff [AZ-6] - 4/14/2005
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 1/31/2006
Rep Johnson, Sam [TX-3] - 4/14/2005
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 10/17/2005
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 2/10/2005
Rep Garrett, Scott [NJ-5] - 4/26/2005
Rep Goode, Virgil H., Jr. [VA-5] - 4/14/2005
Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 5/11/2005

That Jeff Miller looks promising.

LandonCook
02-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Great job! I'm fans of many of theses guys as well... If flake is one of the last ones on the list than I know this is a good list.

MikeStanart
02-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Jeff Flake strikes me as the kind of guy that ACTUALLY votes for reduced spending.

In this video he challenges Pelosi on her earmarks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McEz2l1EvDs

From his website:

Defense:

Congressman Flake believes that ensuring national security is the primary role of the federal government. He voted against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, arguing that simply creating a new department and reshuffling federal organizational charts would not make the country more secure.

Congressman Flake has worked to incorporate a threat-based formula into the distribution of homeland security funding and has fought to keep earmarks out of the Homeland Security appropriations bill.

Education:
Congressman Flake believes that education is a local issue and ought to be handled at the local level. He has opposed attempts to expand the reach of the federal government into education, including voting against the No Child Left Behind Act.

In 2003, he played a pivotal role in creating a scholarship program for children in failing schools in Washington, D.C., where the federal government has jurisdiction over education.

International Relations

Congressman Flake is a member of the House International Relations Committee. His interest in foreign affairs was sparked by a Mormon mission in South Africa and Zimbabwe. He later returned to Africa in the early 1990’s to head a foundation while Namibia had its first elections and wrote its constitution.

Congressman Flake has offered legislation to spur reform at the United Nations and has pushed for those guilty in the Oil for Food scandal to be held accountable.

He has also been an outspoken proponent of easing trade and travel restrictions with Cuba.

Now, as far as his Foreign Policy is concerned..... ITS not even listed on his website. Could he potentially be Ron Paul Republican in disguise?

From Wikipedia:

"Flake initially supported the Patriot Act and the Iraq War, but more recently has changed his position to one of cautious opposition, including voting against appropriations for both"

No1ButPaul08
02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
You left out Walter Jones. He's definitely one of our friends in the House. Ron sent out an email asking for us to contribute to his campaign. He is also facing a primary challenger.

Also, the GOP House leadership really blew a chance last week to show they were serious on earmarks. They could have put Flake on the Appropriations Committee, but chose not to. Flake is the leading porkbuster in the House, even better than Ron.