PDA

View Full Version : Please, Dr. Paul, we need you

Sematary
02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I know the numbers amongst the neocon Republican party have been disappointing but my experience while canvassing tells me that you have much broader support amongst Democrats and Independents than you do amongst the big government, warmongers, of the Republican party. Your message resounds amongst millions of people and they would vote for you in the general election.

I know you believe that your congressional seat is important to hold on to but you've been out of it before and the country survived. I don't think it can survive another four or eight years of the two party rule that we now have. We NEED you to run as an independent, if necessary. There is too much at stake in our nation and in our world for you to wrap a cocoon around yourself and devote yourself to your congressional office.

In Congress you are a lone voice howling into a gale force wind with your own words being thrown back at you and unheeded because they cannot be heard above the din of the storm that is our government. As president, you would have the power to be heard above the storm and effect real change.

Please, Dr. Paul. We need you. Do not leave us writhing on the withering vine of our Republic to watch the Republicans and the Democrats destroy what is left of our nation.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 08:14 AM
:(

It's frustrating I know. But, if we elect new folks in Congress and everywhere else and have Paul leading THEM, we can still make some big changes. Chin up, revolutionaire! We're just getting going.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
I know the numbers amongst the neocon Republican party have been disappointing but my experience while canvassing tells me that you have much broader support amongst Democrats and Independents than you do amongst the big government, warmongers, of the Republican party. Your message resounds amongst millions of people and they would vote for you in the general election.

I know you believe that your congressional seat is important to hold on to but you've been out of it before and the country survived. I don't think it can survive another four or eight years of the two party rule that we now have. We NEED you to run as an independent, if necessary. There is too much at stake in our nation and in our world for you to wrap a cocoon around yourself and devote yourself to your congressional office.

In Congress you are a lone voice howling into a gale force wind with your own words being thrown back at you and unheeded because they cannot be heard above the din of the storm that is our government. As president, you would have the power to be heard above the storm and effect real change.

Please, Dr. Paul. We need you. Do not leave us writhing on the withering vine of our Republic to watch the Republicans and the Democrats destroy what is left of our nation.

Yes, but I don't think it requires an Indy run yet.

If we continue to stand and unite together, we can still get
the repub nomination. And if it comes to a 3rd party race or
a fullout write-in, well, we are preparing for that too.

Did you see www.standandunite.com that I was mentioning
yesterday? It has huge potential in uniting millions!

Sematary
02-26-2008, 08:17 AM

It's frustrating I know. But, if we elect new folks in Congress and everywhere else and have Paul leading THEM, we can still make some big changes. Chin up, revolutionaire! We're just getting going.

Within a decade, the Republic will have fallen to tyranny. While the goal of getting Ron Paul Republicans elected to Congress is laudable, it may be too late. I hope, for my children's sake, that I am wrong. We need Dr. Paul to run as an independent. This will be his opportunity to create REAL change in our nation. His voice, even if joined by a few others, will not be enough to overcome the powers that be.

Sematary
02-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes, but I don't think it requires an Indy run yet.

If we continue to stand and unite together, we can still get
the repub nomination. And if it comes to a 3rd party race or
a fullout write-in, well, we are preparing for that too.

Did you see www.standandunite.com that I was mentioning
yesterday? It has huge potential in uniting millions!

While I love Dr. Paul, I am a realist and it is quite obvious that John McCain is going to win the nomination. He needs less than 300 delegates at this point. I WILL write in Dr. Paul if necessary but that won't win him the presidency. The only chance is as an independent and with our money to back him up. I am proud to be associated with this "revolution" but the reality is that if an independent run is to be made, then the choice needs to be made soon. There will not be enough time between September and November to make that happen.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Then you need to work together with us to make your voice heard and live in freedom. www.freestateproject.org

Together, we're much louder than a few people in pockets all over the country. We need to unite to be a force. Change (or empower, much better word I think) one state then expand.

Sematary
02-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Then you need to work together with us to make your voice heard and live in freedom. www.freestateproject.org

Together, we're much louder than a few people in pockets all over the country. We need to unite to be a force. Change (or empower, much better word I think) one state then expand.

Or, I can try to encourage Dr. Paul to run as an independent.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-26-2008, 08:27 AM
While I love Dr. Paul, I am a realist and it is quite obvious that John McCain is going to win the nomination. He needs less than 300 delegates at this point. I WILL write in Dr. Paul if necessary but that won't win him the presidency. The only chance is as an independent and with our money to back him up. I am proud to be associated with this "revolution" but the reality is that if an independent run is to be made, then the choice needs to be made soon. There will not be enough time between September and November to make that happen.

I'm sure you've seen all the information about what
it takes to cause a brokered convention. And from
what I've seen, McCain reallistically has a small chance
of getting the nomination outright since current delegate
counts mean very, very little!!!

Let's keep 'pounding and pounding' in the states we have left.
Let's keep taking actions in local politics
Let's keep showing support for Dr. Paul thus influencing delegates.
Let's continue to stand and unite in various different ways.
Let's continue to weave freedom, honesty and Dr. Paul into
everything that we do and create.

Hunter

p.s. I see no reason why we can't continue to awaken millions
more here in the coming months.

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Number one: McCain may need less than three hundred delegates at this point, but if we can help him lose Texas and Ohio there will be but little chance he can get that many. Costing him New Mexico and South Dakota should be easy considering what he's done to the Navajo and Hopi. There just aren't that many delegates left to bind. A brokered convention is very likely, especially if we work very hard at getting the message out in Texas that McCain supports the NAFTA Superhighway.

Number two: You can both hedge our bets and give Dr. Paul added leverage in a possible brokered convention by spending this summer getting him on the ballot of your state. All it takes is a petition. He may or may not run, but if drafted, he will serve his country. We don't need his permission to do this.

belian78
02-26-2008, 08:36 AM

Sematary,

You've been one of the 'rocks' around here from the very start man, dont start to waiver now. If ever we need guys like you, and Lord Xar, Bryan, and Josh to be strong it's now with all the trolls and everything else.

You're right, I see McCain winning the nom. But i dont see him winning the Whitehouse. Either way, the next 4-8yrs are going to be devestating to this country. The rest of the country are going to need strong individuals like yourself, me, Xar and the rest of us to keep speaking the message of freedom and prosperity. The message will find so many more listening ears as things get worse and worse. Let's not fall into pessimism just yet. Let us carry on in the way that Dr Paul has stated, he hasnt given us a reason to doubt him yet, so I'm not going to now.

I cant believe that I'm about to quote a Rocky movie, but here it is..

"it doesnt matter how many times you get knocked down, all that matters is that you keep moving forward".

forward is upward.

oh, and thank you for everything you've done in the last year Sem, you're a patriot in the truest sense.

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 08:45 AM
^^^^^^^^

Well said.

Your energy has not been wasted and will be needed even more in the years to come.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Why should we give up all hope until the very last breath is out of this thing? There's still fire in the belly, a light in the eyes. New people are still coming into this movement, sure, it's slowed down, but it's still alive! Brand spanking new donors are giving everyday I still see, keep on keepin' on. The shine may be off the apple, but the fruit still tastes oh so sweet.

WilliamC
02-26-2008, 08:54 AM

It's not about Ron Paul, it's about restoring the Constitution.

If your efforts end with Ron Paul's campaign then you've missed the main point of what he was trying to do.

By all means, encourage him to run as an independent if you think that's the best thing, but don't completely give up if he doesn't.

What about having the Republican Party fall to us instead of to tyranny, eh?

mysticgeek
02-26-2008, 08:59 AM

Excellent post! This is so true! We need to get fellow RP Republicans in the house and senate and let Dr. Paul lead the way! Onward!!!!!!

Laja
02-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Look what we've done so far (from Texas coordinator letter today):

Over the course of the last several months, we have stressed the importance of becoming a delegate to the Republican Party caucuses and conventions in each state. Our supporters have taken this to heart, and the result has been some Revolutionary progress that many of us would not have thought possible one year ago:

• In Washington State, up to two-thirds of the delegates from the precinct caucuses are believed to be for Ron Paul.

• In Oklahoma, Ron Paul Delegates passed resolutions at the county level that call for the repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act

• In Alaska, Ron Paul Delegates passed resolutions at the district level that declare their local Republican Party is opposed to all undeclared, unconstitutional, interventionist wars.

This is not small stuff. This is getting up off the ground and moving forward with the message. We're starting to make the changes we want. Don't give up now.

Banana
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM

Bingo.

Just think- If CP and LP were to join the ranks, not only they would be taking over the privileges awarded to a major party and no longer be marginalized, but also have a solid base.

If we storm the National Convention, we still will win with Ron Paul's message because delegates are free to make party platform, change the party rules and so forth. If we achieve this goal, we will have made it 1000x easier for more RPRs to get elected in 2010 in Congress.

Even if somehow John McCain got the nomination, we can make arrangement so McCain is on a leash with RP's message and thus become our puppet and we still win. But we will need to have 1191+ RP supporters as a delegates.

So, in actuality, taking over GOP is more significant than winning nomination or even a Presidential Election.

Learn the rules, play the game, as Bradley in DC would say.

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
It's always darkest before the dawn.

In this case, there's a reason. You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. While it is there, you take it for granted. When it's gone, you gloss over the rough edges and remember the things that were good about it.

I'm seeing this dynamic at work in the case of Ron Paul. There's less resistance to his message now than ever. The great thing about this, of course, is he's not gone. Kinda funny--all the effort to bury him is working for us. At this point, we can sell a vote for him as merely a way to send a message without the people who can't think outside the box having to worry that they don't know what a return to the gold standard, for example, would mean to them, good or bad.

I suggest we don't discourage this mindset. "If you don't like McCain, send a message. Vote for Ron Paul to let them know you've had enough of the neocons."

We don't have to tell them Paul could still pull this thing out.

Sematary
02-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Sematary,

You've been one of the 'rocks' around here from the very start man, dont start to waiver now. If ever we need guys like you, and Lord Xar, Bryan, and Josh to be strong it's now with all the trolls and everything else.

You're right, I see McCain winning the nom. But i dont see him winning the Whitehouse. Either way, the next 4-8yrs are going to be devestating to this country. The rest of the country are going to need strong individuals like yourself, me, Xar and the rest of us to keep speaking the message of freedom and prosperity. The message will find so many more listening ears as things get worse and worse. Let's not fall into pessimism just yet. Let us carry on in the way that Dr Paul has stated, he hasnt given us a reason to doubt him yet, so I'm not going to now.

I cant believe that I'm about to quote a Rocky movie, but here it is..

"it doesnt matter how many times you get knocked down, all that matters is that you keep moving forward".

forward is upward.

oh, and thank you for everything you've done in the last year Sem, you're a patriot in the truest sense.

I have no problem fighting on. I intend to. I simply believe that the best chance for our candidate to win the White House at this point is as an independent.

Sematary
02-26-2008, 09:15 AM
It's not about Ron Paul, it's about restoring the Constitution.

If your efforts end with Ron Paul's campaign then you've missed the main point of what he was trying to do.

By all means, encourage him to run as an independent if you think that's the best thing, but don't completely give up if he doesn't.

Believe me - I will never give up. Not till my last breath as an American.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Number one: McCain may need less than three hundred delegates at this point, but if we can help him lose Texas and Ohio there will be but little chance he can get that many. Costing him New Mexico and South Dakota should be easy considering what he's done to the Navajo and Hopi. There just aren't that many delegates left to bind. A brokered convention is very likely, especially if we work very hard at getting the message out in Texas that McCain supports the NAFTA Superhighway.

Number two: You can both hedge our bets and give Dr. Paul added leverage in a possible brokered convention by spending this summer getting him on the ballot of your state. All it takes is a petition. He may or may not run, but if drafted, he will serve his country. We don't need his permission to do this.

How many signatures does it take on the petition?

acptulsa
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
How many signatures does it take on the petition?

Varies by state. My state, just to your north, is the toughest--something like forty thousand. Others are much easier.

liberteebell
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM

Over the course of the last several months, we have stressed the importance of becoming a delegate to the Republican Party caucuses and conventions in each state. Our supporters have taken this to heart, and the result has been some Revolutionary progress that many of us would not have thought possible one year ago:

• In Washington State, up to two-thirds of the delegates from the precinct caucuses are believed to be for Ron Paul.

• In Oklahoma, Ron Paul Delegates passed resolutions at the county level that call for the repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act

• In Alaska, Ron Paul Delegates passed resolutions at the district level that declare their local Republican Party is opposed to all undeclared, unconstitutional, interventionist wars.

This is not small stuff. This is getting up off the ground and moving forward with the message. We're starting to make the changes we want. Don't give up now.

Indeed, this is not small stuff. In Virginia, the gop is all bent out of shape because they are afraid we Ron Paul People are going to "take over" their party (oh, the irony...).

I agree with the OP's sentiment but I'm willing to be patient for a bit to see how things progress.

mysticgeek
02-26-2008, 09:29 AM

Very cool! I am going to urge our fellow RP delegates to pass a few resolutions related to the message at my convention this saturday in Minnesota. :D

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Indeed, this is not small stuff. In Virginia, the gop is all bent out of shape because they are afraid we Ron Paul People are going to "take over" their party (oh, the irony...).

I agree with the OP's sentiment but I'm willing to be patient for a bit to see how things progress.

Really? Cause we ARE. :D I haven't heard that, though. Interesting.

EastWindRain
02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Keep fighting no matter the odds. The country and the West are literally falling apart. The time is right for political recruiting. What else are you going to do? Sitting back on your couch will eat you alive. The only alternative is to keep moving forward with the Freedom anti NWO message. At present Ron Paul is the only solution. Patriots forward.

liberteebell
02-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Really? Cause we ARE. :D I haven't heard that, though. Interesting.

See for yourself:

http://bearingdrift.com/?p=5

the_bee
02-26-2008, 09:40 AM
bump

Rhys
02-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't be interested in Dr. Paul throwing away this whole year to chase a dream.

jbuttell
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
I think you're giving democrats too much credit. In my findings, democrats and republicans are both lemmings. Notice how many people are voting for obama. :X

With that said, I'm sure there are many people yet to be awakened, that is indeed the challenge we must overcome.

Laja
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
I think you're giving democrats too much credit. In my findings, democrats and republicans are both lemmings. Notice how many people are voting for obama. :X

With that said, I'm sure there are many people yet to be awakened, that is indeed the challenge we must overcome.

+1

Laja
02-26-2008, 10:49 AM

+1