PDA

View Full Version : A few of my favorite things

pappy
02-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Eminent domain violations, right to bear arms violations, increasing taxes (especially property and income). In that order.

Why you might say? Well they're not really my favorite but I have noticed that these things are problems that even most sheep won't let go by unnoticed. I have had more chances to talk to others about freedom when they feel subject to one of the above than almost anything else put together.

People are FLOORED when they feel they are going to lose their property for development. You see everyone is under the false impression that they own it. When they find out that they don't, that they won't get a fair price for it, and there is nothing they can do about it their eyes are opened.

This one issue, even though it won't win this election will help win future ones if the gov't is stupid enough to ratchet it up (they may not be). Trans texas corridor is one example.

Anything else? draft maybe

so, ayway if you get an opportunity to bring up freedom in the above situations, jump on it.

nate895
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that could help. I remember the State of California was going to put a new stretch of highway right through one of my friend's homes, when they could have demolished two homes that no one owned across the way (there were hundreds on the other side of the highway), that neighborhood's precinct voted for the Libertarian nominees for almost every office (excluding Governor) the next election.

pappy
02-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah, its not only texas. Big talks around Baton Rouge, LA now about interstate loop with many losing their property possibly. Some are my friends and pissed. Perfect opportunity to discuss how to stop these thinigs from happening.

Sandra
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Pappy, there's a meeting today about the loop in Denham Springs at 4-7 pm at the North Park Center on Eden Church Rd.

Primbs
02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I worry about people who have waterfront properties. The government can be lobbied by large developers to "redevelop the area" and take the property by force.